German Open 2011 is over!! What a fantastic event!

Zhang Jike the young rising star of China, dominated his way through the German Open 2011 mens singles by coming up against Timo Boll the hos nations player!

Zhang was on fire from the very first minute, it seemed Timo couldn't get going. The first set was a close encounter by Jike taking it 11-9.

After that it was pretty much Zhang taking the full match 4 games to 0. The score 9-11, 5-11, 6-11, 5-11.

Zhang_Jike.jpg

The German Open 2011 was a fantastic success for the German TT community. There enthusiasm for the sport and support is the best! The croud was loud and appreciated both sides of players shots and winners.

The best match of the tournament goes to Timo Boll and Ma Lin. It was a spectacular. Both players were playing at a very high standard with some rallies out of this world! In my opinon it was the best match ive seen since the 2009 final in Germany!.

The croud again was awesome here, they cheered for Timo and also gave Ma Lin a lot of appreciation! It was a great watch!

Match can be seen here:

Did you like the German Open 2011?

Dan

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2011
I am sorry to say but the final was very weak played by Timo Boll. I really did not see any effort nor ambition.:(

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
You must have watched another match then!
I was there and believe me, he absolutely tried his best in front of his home crowd(we were fantastic :D) but it wouldn't work..Zhang was too strong and Timo didn't have the abilities to beat him today.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2011
4:0 now seriously that is lame he was not playing in top form. You could have put anyone instead of him and he would also loose to zero

says I began a table tennis at the college that I teach and...
says I began a table tennis at the college that I teach and...
Nov 2010
Sine I am in USA, I do not have the luxury to watch the games. Hopefully, the clip is posted here soon.

says Visit my homepages: http://www.TT-Action.de...
says Visit my homepages: http://www.TT-Action.de...
Feb 2011
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
In my opinion, Timo has been exhausted by his semi-final (where Zhang won quite easily). He was trying to do his best but it was insufficient.