says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
where is carl ???? He should have been here ....

I say Harimoto should retire. He is doing worse and worse these days. :)

Maybe Ma Long looked at the draw and decided it was more advantageous to lose! :)

Good thing Chinese Government took care of all the problems LGL was causing for the entire world of TT. :)

Say, is that the goon squad over there? Gotta Go!

There he is .

Sometimes you just mention his name and he seems to appear. :)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but Boll was injured during the last game in his quarter-final match against Kenta Matsudaira. He said that he experienced a sudden pain in the neck - similar to his previous back injury at the 2016 Olympics where he had to get pain killing injections to be able to play :(

He wasn’t sure that he would be able to play tomorrow, but he wouldn’t rule it out either.

Let’s hope that both he and Zhang Jike will feel better after a good night of restitution, so that they are ready for another “epic battle” tomorrow :)

Source: https://www.tischtennis.de/news/japan-open-timo-boll-verletzt-sich-auf-dem-weg-ins-halbfinale.html

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but Boll was injured during the last game in his quarter-final match against Kenta Matsudaira. He said that he experienced a sudden pain in the neck - similar to his previous back injury at the 2016 Olympics where he had to get pain killing injections to be able to play :(

He wasn’t sure that he would be able to play tomorrow, but he wouldn’t rule it out either.

Let’s hope that both he and Zhang Jike will feel better after a good night of restitution, so that they are ready for another “epic battle” tomorrow :)

Source: https://www.tischtennis.de/news/japan-open-timo-boll-verletzt-sich-auf-dem-weg-ins-halbfinale.html

What a bad news :( !!! But as you said I hope we'll see two healthy player tomorrow :eek: thnks for the news

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
And what a match against Ueda! Hope the two "fossils" put all their bones back in order to give us an equally great fight tomorrow.
I don't understand why you guys are arguing against such useless arguments ... there will always be some who will try to find fault in every achievement if the person in question is not their absolute hero ... plus its a game ... harimoto winning today does not guarantee from here on he will win ever match against Ma Long , and when he loses, these same people will come and say see I told you that Japan open match was a fluke ... so don't bother ...

people like this and people who just take up an extreme position just because their predictions did not match are just egomaniacs who want to prove they are right on everything even when they were obviously wrong , no point in arguing with such people ... just enjoy the current situation in Japan open .. its a lot of fun ... I hope Mima Ito wins her semi final too ...

infact when ZJK was almost losing yesterday, in my fantasy I was wondering, what happens if but some chance , he comes back and wins this one and ML loses to HT ... and I never thought either of them was possible after seeing how ML was able to stop FZD with his short game and tactics , but I guess such tactics work on more familiar players ... but just enjoy this situation ... its so so much fun ... now nobody knows whats going to happen in the rest of the tournaments ... its one of those rare tournaments, certainly there won't be a CNT vs CNT in the final , which is exciting !!

Sent from my ZTE Grand S II LTE using Tapatalk

says Aging is a killer
Good one Rowden

.........Also some players are getting better at taking the ball earlier per the women's game. Also short pushes are not as secure as they used to be because the spin effect of the short game is not as secure..........

Interesting observation. A very old, experienced pro coach (he's >90yo now), in the early noughties said to me that; as the game slows, caused by moving from 38 to 40 and the SG ban, the womens' type game would greatly influence the mens' version. That is, nearly flat stance at the table and taking the ball early. He's been proven correct.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2018
There were no players representing the United States in the main draw. How much worse are top players from the U.S than the competition on this tour? If some top U.S. men and women were given wildcard entries into the Japan Open, would they have stood a chance to win any games or would they all have been beaten very badly in the first round?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
is this confirmed news ?

Yes Ittf made it . To be honest I'm afraid if the final . Wish zjk had found some solution to win hari

Screenshot_20180610-070728.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: ttmonster