Life expectancy of Tibhar K3?

says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
May 2020
Read 1 reviews
My friends K3 lost its grip after only a few sessions.
For any tacky rubber, you need to clean it with a drop of water and seal it with appropriate protective film. My hurricane 3 after 2 years is still tacky, even though the top sheet has peeled off, and that's saying a lot about maintenance. The rubber may be of bad quality, but if you treat it correct it's gonna stay tacky forever, that's the thing about chinese tacky rubbers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2020
Read 1 reviews
For any tacky rubber, you need to clean it with a drop of water and seal it with appropriate protective film. My hurricane 3 after 2 years is still tacky, even though the top sheet has peeled off, and that's saying a lot about maintenance. The rubber may be of bad quality, but if you treat it correct it's gonna stay tacky forever, that's the thing about chinese tacky rubbers.
Both me and my friend are very aware of how to handle tacky rubbers. Other tacky rubbers and hybrids last longer for us.
Dignics 09c is the main rubber I used since launch. It lasts about 6 months for me, the K3 didn’t last one month.

Reactions: FrenchFrog33
May 2020
Read 1 reviews
Both me and my friend are very aware of how to handle tacky rubbers. Other tacky rubbers and hybrids last longer for us.
Dignics 09c is the main rubber I used since launch. It lasts about 6 months for me, the K3 didn’t last one month.
Dignics should last a lot longer, they're supposed to be Butterfly's most durable rubbres. How do you guys destroy them in 6 months? My Hurricanes and Tenergies last well over a year, and I play 4 times a weak for 2-4 hours at a time. It's a maintenance issue, no dought.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Dignics should last a lot longer, they're supposed to be Butterfly's most durable rubbres. How do you guys destroy them in 6 months? My Hurricanes and Tenergies last well over a year, and I play 4 times a weak for 2-4 hours at a time. It's a maintenance issue, no dought.
There are few related topics to this, do you think pros use rubbers for a year?

Some of it comes down to how deeply you spin the ball and deform the pips and wear the topsheet over time. Also the consistency of your contact area, as hitting the ball consistently around the same region wears that part of the blade faster. Finally, boosted or tensioned sponge/rubber degrades in performance, not matter how durable it is, so you might prefer its performance when fresh, or be more comfortable with it when it is a bit more used and stable.

Dignics does last quite a bit, but I don't think anyone who has it last shorter has to be maintaining it poorly, it might just be down to their personal feeling, style and approach to table tennis and if they can afford it, they should do whatever they are most comfortable doing.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2020
Read 1 reviews
Nextlevel already answered your question.

It’s not poor maintenance. I clean with a moist sponge and use protective foil after every training session.

The Dignics 09c that I have on my blade now is 9 months old. I have bought a new 09c and will replace it in a week. It’s not destroyed, it’s still playable. But it does not perform like it did when it was brand new. After about 6 months I can notice a small drop in performance. I would say it’s playable even after a year, but loosing a league game in the decider and knowing that you could have more spin in your serves and loops is not worth it to me.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Try the new H3, hardly tacky at all after using proper protection.

This user has no status.
My 09c only lasted 4 months which is complete crap lol.... this is why I'm with 05 now which lasts long like a tank 👍

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
You cannot compare Dignics 09c to Hurricanes and Tenergies.

Dignics 09c has a tacky surface. It will wear off eventually no matter how well you maintain it. By contrast, Dignic 05 and Tenergies have grippy surface but it not tacky. To keep grippy surface grippy does not require as much work.

Finally old hurricanes just would not die. Don't ask me how DHS did it. Same as a sheet of G888 that I have. Those just would not die.

New hurricanes are not that tacky to start off with. Granted, due to its lack of strong tackiness, it is easier to play with when it is out of the package. But I still miss the old hurricanes.

The new Friendship 729 fx loses tackiness pretty fast. So not all Chinese rubbers maintain their tackiness over time either. Some rubbers just age better.

May 2020
Read 1 reviews
There are few related topics to this, do you think pros use rubbers for a year?

Some of it comes down to how deeply you spin the ball and deform the pips and wear the topsheet over time. Also the consistency of your contact area, as hitting the ball consistently around the same region wears that part of the blade faster. Finally, boosted or tensioned sponge/rubber degrades in performance, not matter how durable it is, so you might prefer its performance when fresh, or be more comfortable with it when it is a bit more used and stable.

Dignics does last quite a bit, but I don't think anyone who has it last shorter has to be maintaining it poorly, it might just be down to their personal feeling, style and approach to table tennis and if they can afford it, they should do whatever they are most comfortable doing.
The pros use custom topsheets and sponges that just have a name that the companies want to advertise on them. Timo Boll's t05 wasn't a proper t05, it was much harder and linear. Especially the chinese team with their 'hurricane' rubbers is a whole other world of custom.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
The pros use custom topsheets and sponges that just have a name that the companies want to advertise on them. Timo Boll's t05 wasn't a proper t05, it was much harder and linear. Especially the chinese team with their 'hurricane' rubbers is a whole other world of custom.
Okay. With the better custom topsheet and sponges that the pros supposedly use, how often do they use and change their rubber? A year? Is it because they don't know how to care for their rubber?

Timo Boll and many pros were simply using T05H before it became publicly available ,(at their discretion of course) - in fact people who used T05 when it initially came out remember there was a time ir felt a bit more like MX-S did. I don't know about what the Chinese team does but I do know that most of what pros have the ability to do is get equipment at a cheaper or free amount depending on their sponsorship. Which pros do you personally know in the context of what you are describing?

Last edited:
May 2020
Read 1 reviews
Okay. With the better custom topsheet and sponges that the pros supposedly use, how often do they use and change their rubber? A year? Is it because they don't know how to care for their rubber?

Timo Boll and many pros were simply using T05H before it became publicly available ,(at their discretion of course) - in fact people who used T05 when it initially came out remember there was a time ir felt a bit more like MX-S did. I don't know about what the Chinese team does but I do know that most of what pros have the ability to do is get equipment at a cheaper or free amount depending on their sponsorship. Which pros do you personally know in the context of what you are describing?
The pros change rubbers every 5-10 days, because the get them for free.

May 2020
Read 1 reviews
Yes, cost is one reason. Another reason is that they notice a difference in performance after that period. And I don’t believe it’s because of poor maintenance…
All rubbers perform a lot more dynamically in the first week. After that thru settle into a more mellow feel. Like the tenergy series.

But they don't drop on quality, they just break in. And they stay in that phase until the sponge dies and top sheet looses grip.

The sponges can be restored for a bit longer by boosting them, or speed glue. The falcon long is excellent.