ma long unbelievable tempo

Something interesting and worth sharing.....I once practiced multiball with a group of chinese players....and im not kidding....the ball delivery for your shot is at these speeds......of course this is faster, but that is routine practice for them.....it really improves your game to do quick multiball over and over and over and over, because after a point everbody has the same strokes, it is the ability to execute from difficult positions and without fear is what separates the better players from the others.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
Very true Ashley. This drill helps with reaction, timing, and spin recognition. Those are the most important aspects of the Chinese game as most of them are physically able to get to the ball it's just a matter of calculating shots and tactics.

I believe there is a thread already with these videos and it shows the Chinese team practicing in the Stiga center. Wang Hao does some crazy multiball and Ma Lin and Ma Long play a cool game where they both have to try and win the point, but are restricted to certain shots Ma Long attacking and Ma Lin blocking.

says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
Mar 2011
I had those multi ball back in the year, and it was actually fed by 2 trainers. I think it's the same case with Ma Long there. The purpose of the exercise is to improve your hand eye coordination. Have 2 of your friends to drive feed you 10 balls, and you'll know what I mean. :D It's fun, and a good laugh to see how you cope.