Who do you think will win the World Cup 2017?

• Ma Long

Votes: 37 67.3%
  • Dimitrij Ovtcharov

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • Jun Mizutani

• Timo Boll

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • Koki Niwa

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Lee Sang Su

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chuang Chih Yuan

• Simon Gauzy

• Marcos Freitas

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Other (Post Below)

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
By the way I am curious what would happen if it's ZJK, not LGY. ZJK might play shitty nowadays, but still... he definitely has the nerves to finish a match.
LGY is himself to blame. He played super aggresive and focused to go 10-4 and then all of a sudden he lets his guard down. 3 more points to Boll and LGY forgets how to receive a serve out of nerves. With LGL gone, the CNT new comers seem to lack on mental toughness. Having someone like LGL in the coaching corner would have definitely made the difference for LGY today.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
As much as I like ZJK, Timo would've given him a lesson today.

By the way I am curious what would happen if it's ZJK, not LGY. ZJK might play shitty nowadays, but still... he definitely has the nerves to finish a match.

Reactions: jedimasterplk
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
A bit of context:

Ovtcharov and Shibaev played each other not so long ago, maybe it was the Europe Top 16 this year. At some point during that match Dima declared that a ball was broken, gave it to the umpire and took a new ball. Shiba asked (in Russian) "what happened?", and than complained to Dima that he didn't even show him the broken ball. Dima then turned to te umpire and said (in English) "He (Shibaev) is talking to me, I don't know why". In general, even before that incident Shibaev was behaving like he so often does and Dima was understandably annoyed.

And just now Dima gave another broken ball to the umpire and Shibaev asked the umpire to let him see that it was really broken. No love lost there.

TLDR: Shibaev is a good player but he is kind of a dick and almost everyone hates him.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Read 1 reviews
Psychological warfare between Dima and Shiba, I love it! :D

I was watching the whole match with a smile like this.

cache.php

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
Results from Day 2 (Sat 21 October):

Quarter-finals:

Ma Long (#1) 4:1 Koki Niwa (#5) (13:11, 11:9, 11:5, 9:11, 11:8)
Lin Gaoyuan (#6) 3:4 Timo Boll (#3) (11:5, 13:11, 9:11, 11:9, 9:11, 12:14, 11:13)

Jun Mizutani (#4) 3:4 Simon Gauzy (#7) (7:11, 11:6, 11:13, 13:11, 9:11, 11:7, 8:11)
Alexander Shibaev (#16) 3:4 Dimitrij Ovtcharov (#2) (11:9, 11:8, 10:12, 9:11, 7:11, 12:10, 7:11)

Schedule for Day 3 (Sat 22 October GMT+2):

Semi-finals:

11:00
Ma Long (#1) vs Timo Boll (#3)

11:45
Simon Gauzy (#7) vs Dimitrij Ovtcharov (#2)

3rd place match:

14:30
?? vs ??

Final:

15:30
?? vs ??

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
No, the ending of the match is lost and the stream was actually corrupted. What a moment to screw it all up!
I was lucky to watch it at bet365.com, where the stream didnt stop..
It was amazing, Timo won and so DID I! :)
Odds like 10, when I placed my 18 euros at Timo, and he made it, Timo is a great player!
What an end.. ouff.. Now to face Ma Long after match like this, well.. we will see.. maybe miracle will happen again ;-)

says Do you guys have streaks where you are just not playing...
says Do you guys have streaks where you are just not playing...
Jun 2011
Read 6 reviews
A bit of context:

Ovtcharov and Shibaev played each other not so long ago, maybe it was the Europe Top 16 this year. At some point during that match Dima declared that a ball was broken, gave it to the umpire and took a new ball. Shiba asked (in Russian) "what happened?", and than complained to Dima that he didn't even show him the broken ball. Dima then turned to te umpire and said (in English) "He (Shibaev) is talking to me, I don't know why". In general, even before that incident Shibaev was behaving like he so often does and Dima was understandably annoyed.

And just now Dima gave another broken ball to the umpire and Shibaev asked the umpire to let him see that it was really broken. No love lost there.

TLDR: Shibaev is a good player but he is kind of a dick and almost everyone hates him.

Its good etiquette to show the opponent the ball - whether you like him/her or not. Shibaev is no angel, agreed - but Dima's behaviour showed lack of class too. He would have been the bigger man had he done the right thing.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
As for Shibaev, well, he is such a prick!
He only showed how kind of an ass he is..
So many things.. this was such and psycho war I have never seen before!
I think if he would have won, he would be the most hated semifinalist ever.
What he deployed was not as much about table tennis as about mental war.
I mean - his play was pretty good.. but.. that is not a good behaviour..
I loved when he got that yellow and red and yellow card..
I also loved when he was forbiden to wipe the sweat with the towell, when he was told to use his hand, that was amazing!
But - hey, Shibaev, this is how you cope with the best in the world?
You turn the game into something else when you see you cant beat him in table tennis?

Yuck, yuck and once again, yuck..
Dima is very very strong mentally..

Very bad for him he played so late and after the match he had to go to the doping control..
I hope he will be fresh for the final day..