Who do you think will win the Qatar Open 2013 - ITTF World Tour?

• Xu Xin

Votes: 15 18.1%
  • Zhang Jike

Votes: 24 28.9%
  • Ma Long

Votes: 38 45.8%
  • Wang Hao

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Chuang Chih Yuan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Vladimir Samsonov

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • Jiang Tianyi

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Gao Ning

• Zhan Jian

• Other (Post below)

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012
Philipp Floritz vs Andrew Baggaley (Qual.Groups)

What is the equipment of Philipp Floritz, does anyone know? You can see in the video his shots are very side spinny and quite slow and usually lobs away from the table or when counterlooping the ball seems lacking power.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
This is too bad, they should do it different, so we see different semifinals..
I think if this time Xu Xin got Wang Hao in the semi, and Ma Long got Zhang Jike, would be better :)

Not really. If you look at it from a realistic standpoint and look at the matchups between Ma Long and Wang Hao and Ma Long and Xu Xin, Ma Long usually beats both of them. Therefore he is the better player. If you look at the matchups between Zhang Jike and Xu Xin and Zhang Jike and Wang Hao, usually Zhang Jike wins. If Zhang Jike and Ma Long are the two best players, and Xu Xin and Wang Hao are both really a notch below those two, why should they be given an easier semifinal?

I know that, right now Xu Xin is ranked #1. If you really look at things though, he got ranked #1 because China kept Ma Long and Zhang Jike out of World Tour competitions after the Olympics, not because they lost. Xu Xin won when those two were not there.

Now if Xu Xin can beat Ma Long in a semifinal, and/or if Wang Hao can beat Zhang Jike in a semifinal, then, you would have to say they earned the right to play in the finals.

So, in a sense, the draw has things as they should be. At least, in my opinion.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2012
Wow, Ma Long Gao Ning, Mattenet Chuang, Dima Skachkov, Yan An Marcoc Freitas a lot of good table tennis incoming !
I think Marcos will either not like chineese players after tomorow or booost his confidence greatly, last week he played fairly good against Ma Long, but this week 4 0 to FZD and if he could beat Yan An the next day, that would just have to feel awesome.