• France

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post Below)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2013
I can't remember how many times I saw players to be in lead against China players and later they loose simply because they are afraid to win (or don't believe themself that they can win) against a chineese player. Newest example Liam Pitchford. Its so frustrating!

Reactions: ttboll
says TTD Team vs Pongfinity OUT NOW on our YT Channel
Administrator
Oct 2010
Sweden vs Korea update: Joo Se Hyuk defeats Kristian Karlsson 3-1! Now Up: Mattias Karlsson vs Lee Sang Su

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Review Moderator
Jul 2011
Read 7 reviews
Does ZJK only play doubles in the team event ??

Depends. If they keep lining up Zhang Jike as their third player and keep winning 3-0, then yes, Zhang Jike will only play doubles. But I think that in the (semi) final they will put Zhang Jike as first or second player.

EDIT: Actually, I think Liu Guoliang's tactics are to use Zhang Jike when there's a lot of pressure because that's when Zhang Jike is better than Ma Long. That is, he should be playing as first or second in the team final. Right now in the quarters against Britain there would only be real pressure when it's 2-2... And that's when Zhang Jike plays his singles match.

Last edited:
Administrator
Oct 2010
Xu Xin defeats Paul Drinkhall 3-1! China lead by 2 games to 0

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Depends. If they keep lining up Zhang Jike as their third player and keep winning 3-0, then yes, Zhang Jike will only play doubles. But I think that in the (semi) final they will put Zhang Jike as first or second player.

EDIT: Actually, I think Liu Guoliang's tactics are to use Zhang Jike when there's a lot of pressure because that's when Zhang Jike is better than Ma Long. That is, he should be playing as first or second in the team final. Right now in the quarters against Britain there would only be real pressure when it's 2-2... And that's when Zhang Jike plays his singles match.

China Vs Korea would be an interesting encounter in the semis. Considering Ma Long's trouble with JYS in the singles and ZJK's past year's record against Korea players !!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Ilia Minkin