This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Read 1 reviews
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 2 reviews
Hey, is sam walker using bluefire on both sides? I saw the characteristic blue sponge in a zoom in. Good to see a top player not using tenergy

Looks like it. Here is a pic of Sam's bat from his twitter:
CmGTfb9WkAEMMw0.jpg

Reactions: Giangt and TTFrenzy
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
Steger is playing crazy well, didn't know he was this good, I hope he doesn't choke

Sent from my using Tapatalk

He is not a player that chokes or stressed, but he got pissed of pretty easily especially 2-3 years ago. His performance is near perfect, very good composure so far and sealing the deal in both of his singles matches. Very well prepared indeed, if he tightens his unforced errors in doubles, germany will perform even better

This user has no status.
I read an ITTF science report a while back that stated the CNT often uses the first game in a match to gather diagnostic information on their opponent. They have extensive scouting reports on all the top players, and they use the first game to examine patterns and tendencies related to what they know about the player. They will specifically use serves, serve returns, and placements during rallies to see how their opponent responds. They are then able to better craft a strategy for the remaining games. Since then I don't get too excited when someone wins the first game from a CNT player.

I think it was the same article that stated that something like 40% of games at world class levels achieve a score of 9-9, so the CNT also has specific tactics prepared for those situations against every opponent they will face.

Not only are they all gifted and well-trained athletes, they are exceptionally well prepared.

Yeap, a chinese member of mytt translated some videos. They have a team of statistics that keep record of all the points in every tournament (including CTTSL) of the top CNT members.

They analyze everything points won ir lost with FH,BH, pushes flicks everythin. One specific example is Ma long's behavior in important tournaments. When he is leading in score the average seconds that he takes to pick up the ball and get ready to serve is 18-23 seconds something like that. When the situation is tense or he is behind in score he does 12-14 seconds

So he had sessions with psychologists and coaches discussing what is goin in his head during those situations and tried to found solutions to achieve equilibrium/relaxation in ma long's state of mind

Same thing for ZJK who found it very diffuclt to get into the zone in team's matches ( 3 sets), since he is a slow starter even in singles (4 sets) and got early into trouble in many team's matches

Awesome.

This user has no status.
He is not a player that chokes or stressed, but he got pissed of pretty easily especially 2-3 years ago. His performance is near perfect, very good composure so far and sealing the deal in both of his singles matches. Very well prepared indeed, if he tightens his unforced errors in doubles, germany will perform even better

Agree, I was wondering why Francisca wasn't there, but I can see now that Rosskopf made the right call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: TTFrenzy
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
Agree, I was wondering why Francisca wasn't there, but I can see now that Rosskopf made the right call.

Sent from my using Tapatalk

Franzsiska is great talent, but for sure not consistent enough right now. Hope he can level up his game in a few years, so that germany still has 2 top notch players

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Steger is playing crazy well, didn't know he was this good, I hope he doesn't choke

Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk

My theory is that he is tanking the doubles matches so that he can be the singles hero and get the ratings points.

Reactions: Michal_Z and eyepop
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews

Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk

Steger won direct qualification to the Olympics in Singles and didn't go only because Germany already had Dima and Boll. It would have been a near scandal to pick someone else over him, especially as Steger had also beaten Freitas this year. Fransiska is probably the alternate like FZD.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Ishikawa shows us why Song I (who beat Ishikawa) won the bronze medal. I was wondering how Japan would beat Han Ying but Ishikawa showed us how much her looping has improved and that it is not going to be just anyone who is going to beat her any time soon. She has definitely stepped up her game in the face of all the upcoming JNT juniors.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012
hahahahhaha butthurt japanese coach especially after Germany's incredible luck the last point ball falling on the edge of the table. The coach kept insisted it was the side of the table. And they just kept disagreeing on the court lol.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Yes it was a tragic match ball for Japan , but it was clearly edge not side . No conflict needed.

Reactions: NextLevel