Sponsored player’s rubbers

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2022
As you can see here in the picture, the rubbers come in bulk and no packaging.

The rubbers play a bit different from the ones we can buy in store.

The quality is higher, rubber is firmer and spinnier. The ones we buy is about 70% comparing to the sponsored ones n
IMG_7971.jpeg

Reactions: FrenchFrog33
says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021

The quality is higher, rubber is firmer and spinnier. The ones we buy is about 70% comparing to the sponsored ones nView attachment 27513
Yes! Yes! Yes!
I heard my coach says that when he was active in the National Team, he and his mates used to get Tenergy delivered to their Team Manager office is packaging like these. He would change his Tenergy weekly and then later fortnightly and then monthly as he got lazier and lazier to change rubber.

says Table Tennis - the sport for life.
says Table Tennis - the sport for life.
Jan 2013
That's the rumour, but I'm not convinced. It simply does not make sense to have a seperate machine or production run just for making a different rubber for sponsored players.
If there is indeed a difference, it's likely they are just hand-picked from a regular production run, and selected to by a selected weight (and thus sponge hardness) that a specific player prefers. There are always variations within production runs, and weight is the easiest way to distinguish them.
So I doubt there is any difference in quality compared to the regular version, but they may have higher quality control.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2022
That's the rumour, but I'm not convinced. It simply does not make sense to have a seperate machine or production run just for making a different rubber for sponsored players.
If there is indeed a difference, it's likely they are just hand-picked from a regular production run, and selected to by a selected weight (and thus sponge hardness) that a specific player prefers. There are always variations within production runs, and weight is the easiest way to distinguish them.
So I doubt there is any difference in quality compared to the regular version, but they may have higher quality control.
i can tell you that those are higher quality because I personally played with those rubbers for a couple hours. the difference is when it comes to the high spinny counterloop, those rubbers gave me more advantage; the ball just goes easier.

another rumor is those high quality rubbers come from the center of the big sheet. it is confirmed by a former China Superleague player that I know.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Lin Yun Ju had a harder sponged T05 for 2 years or so before T05 Hard came out.
They will run special runs on the production line to match specs for they top players for sure.
For lower level pros, I would imagined it is just better quality runs of the T05 normal production line

Reactions: Choosikick
says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
Jesus said to him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen, and have believed."
Exclusive rubbers dont exist, never those did before. Yes, there is special edition of Hurricane sponge factory treated with oil, it is of dubious legality thought.

Last edited:
Reactions: PaddyPolar
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2022
So what is the reason for creating this thread?
To make us feel like shit and like the equipment we use is a piece of crap?
the reason is to confirm the pro's equipments are tailored and we can't buy those.

if your equipment that you use is a piece of crap and you feel like shit, that's not my problem

• Haha
Reactions: FrenchFrog33
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
the man, the one and only igor is here. i’ve always liked your posts and i think you’re a very clever man.
yeah,
now he needs to use Jesus to defend him (he can use that passage every time he talks now lol)
He still owes me like 100 answers to the questions I posted to him over the years, which he can't reply
I hope he is praying for a miracle

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2022
yeah,
now he needs to use Jesus to defend him (he can use that passage every time he talks now lol)
He still owes me like 100 answers to the questions I posted to him over the years, which he can't reply
I hope he is praying for a miracle
i don’t think Igor hates anybody. He just hates booster

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
So what is the reason for creating this thread?
To make us feel like shit and like the equipment we use is a piece of crap?
I guess so? haha

Timo Boll said his rubbers are commercial.

But I know 2 players who both played with Timo Boll.
One is the son of my good friend head coach, who both appeared in one of my recent videos if anyone wants to know further. He played with Timo for 2 years, and Timo was his "driver" during his stay in Germany.

The other played 1 division below Timo and both of them used Timo's bat and it was not the same as "commercials" that they used.

So many people have shared photos of how sponsored players get "bulk" packaged rubbers and Timo (at that time) was Butterfly's no 1 player, and also top 3 in the world.
When Lin was getting T05 Hard before it came out, he was not even in Timo's pinnacle status yet (he still isn't)

I would have thought that its now public knowledge that Butterfly top pros get rubbers in bulk pack (Heming Hu also shared videos too in his vlog, and he isn't even top WR100, only Australia no 1)

So to think Pros and us use the same.
well, I guess marketers want us to think like so, so they can generate profits

• Wow
Reactions: Gozo Aruna
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2022
I guess so? haha

Timo Boll said his rubbers are commercial.

But I know 2 players who both played with Timo Boll.
One is the son of my good friend head coach, who both appeared in one of my recent videos if anyone wants to know further. He played with Timo for 2 years, and Timo was his "driver" during his stay in Germany.

The other played 1 division below Timo and both of them used Timo's bat and it was not the same as "commercials" that they used.

So many people have shared photos of how sponsored players get "bulk" packaged rubbers and Timo (at that time) was Butterfly's no 1 player, and also top 3 in the world.
When Lin was getting T05 Hard before it came out, he was not even in Timo's pinnacle status yet (he still isn't)

I would have thought that its now public knowledge that Butterfly top pros get rubbers in bulk pack (Heming Hu also shared videos too in his vlog, and he isn't even top WR100, only Australia no 1)

So to think Pros and us use the same.
well, I guess marketers want us to think like so, so they can generate profits
Timo said he doesn’t boost his rubbers.
maybe true, except they come boosted already.

i also think top coaches know how to select top equipments and enhance, modify them.

and i mean real coaches, not…. pingsunday coach

• Haha
Reactions: Tony's Table Tennis
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023

The quality is higher, rubber is firmer and spinnier. The ones we buy is about 70% comparing to the sponsored ones nView attachment 27513
To benefit from this equipment, you need to train like a pro. Therefore, for us at the amateur level it is absolutely useless.

Last edited:
says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
May 2020
Read 1 reviews
Jesus said to him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen, and have believed."
Exclusive rubbers dont exist, never those did before. Yes, there is special edition of Hurricane sponge factory treated with oil, it is of dubious legality thought.
These are custom rubbers. Or else they would send them in normal packaging. Everyone who's played with this kind of pro rubber, they say it's very different, also just think about it, does it make sense giving production stuff to the guys who's supposed to make you look good?

And let's not talk about what the Chinese do with theirs. From then they used to make their rubbers to now having dhs boost the hell out of their equipment.

And Jesus won't save you from the truth. Not now or ever. Save it.