Stiga Sense 7.6 vs Butterfly Viscaria

Stiga Carbo 7.6 WRB vs Butterfly Viscaria

Hi~! My playing style is similar to Ma Long (but of course not somewhere near his level) which is more of a forehand looper. Which blade, Stiga Carbo 7.6 WRB or Butterfly Viscaria is better if I intend to play with T05 for both forehand and backhand?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Hi~! My playing style is similar to Ma Long (but of course not somewhere near his level) which is more of a forehand looper. Which blade, Stiga Carbo 7.6 WRB or Butterfly Viscaria is better if I intend to play with T05 for both forehand and backhand?

Thanks.

7.6 vs. Vis is like comparing Apple to Orange. :)

If you're a forehand looper, try a Ma Long blade instead. I'll recommend HL3. However, if your budget is tight, the 7.6 will do an okay job. I would not recommend the Vis for a forehand looper. However, if you like the backhand of the Vis + a powerful forehand, then try the new Kenta blade, though it does vibrate a bit.

Play it with Viscaria, hands down.

Thank you.

If you're a forehand looper, try a Ma Long blade instead. I'll recommend HL3. However, if your budget is tight, the 7.6 will do an okay job. I would not recommend the Vis for a forehand looper. However, if you like the backhand of the Vis + a powerful forehand, then try the new Kenta blade, though it does vibrate a bit.

I am a forehand and backhand looper but more of forehand, is it still better to go for HL3 or 7.6?

Thanks you.

Viscaria is made for loopers
Have you ever seen top players?
Most of them use viscaria as their blade

I knew that Fan Zhendong (customized with Stiga handle) and Zhang Jike are using Viscaria blades but they are more powerful on their backhand as compared to forehand. My playing style is more of a forehand looper, so for my case is it still advisable to go for Viscaria?

This user has no status.
I knew that Fan Zhendong (customized with Stiga handle) and Zhang Jike are using Viscaria blades but they are more powerful on their backhand as compared to forehand. My playing style is more of a forehand looper, so for my case is it still advisable to go for Viscaria?

Not only those two even Koki Niwa, Yan An, Zhou Yu, Wang Zhen. Have you seen their forehands?
Especially ZJK he is a looping demon haha

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2015

Kenta blog is good??

Sent from my R7kf using Tapatalk

it's better to get HL3 IMHO. The HL5 is harder to generate power. however, it fits better for the 40+ ball.

Since you're more of a FH looper, Limba is better for you. =>Choose HL3

Thanks for the information.

What is your current blade? What is the reason you are getting a new blade? Do you use the Kong Linghui special that it says in your profile?

Yes, my current blade is Kong Linghui Special. I feel that my current blade is not powerful on 40+ balls.

Nahhh ! Viscaria is a looping machine !!! Wiz T 05 it will help you a lot in your backhand flick !
(It's actully my setup so i know what iam talking about ! ) :D And HL3 will be a good choice too for a looper !

Thanks.

Yes, my current blade is Kong Linghui Special. I feel that my current blade is not powerful on 40+ balls.
The KLS is a faster blade than the Viscaria, you shouldn't feel a lack of power with it, even with 40+ balls. But if you really want more power, go for the new Garaydia ALC, same construction as KLS but ticker Kiri Core for more speed.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
The KLS is a faster blade than the Viscaria, you shouldn't feel a lack of power with it, even with 40+ balls. But if you really want more power, go for the new Garaydia ALC, same construction as KLS but ticker Kiri Core for more speed.

Based on http://www.tabletennisdb.com/blade/butterfly-kong-linghui-special.html and http://www.tabletennisdb.com/blade/butterfly-viscaria.html, Viscaria seems to be a faster blade than KLS. I understood that those reviews are just a rough gauge.

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Go with the Viscaria. Best balanced blade in existence, it is not a matter of being FH or BH dominant, it suits either side. I know plenty of FH dominant loopers who use Viscaria and other very similar Btfy ALC blades. Try to get one that is not too light.

Last edited:
Based on http://www.tabletennisdb.com/blade/butterfly-kong-linghui-special.html and http://www.tabletennisdb.com/blade/butterfly-viscaria.html, Viscaria seems to be a faster blade than KLS. I understood that those reviews are just a rough gauge.

KLS is faster, no doubt about it. I own both blades in mutiple copies. Btw, the KLS is rated "fast" by butterfly, while the viscaria is "medium fast".
If you feel a lack of power with the KLS (as I said you shouldn't), you will also feel a lack of power with the viscaria since its a slower blade especailly on top end gear. However, I suggest you to stick with the KLS, there is no reason to change blade for the 40+ balls.

Viscaria will provide you a higher throw, easier open ups, more direct touch and harder feel.

Last edited:
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
If you feel a lack of power it could also be technique. If you are using a decently fast blade and your feel you need more power, my guess is, improving the technique is the best way of taking care of this.

When you can get good power from a relatively slow blade, then, you can get a ton of power using a faster blade.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus