The Advanced Response Blade - The Future of Table Tennis Now! - by Anthony.R.Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Jan 2016
The funny thing here is, not only did Baal contribute in a pretty useful and diplomatic way, you even quoted him and gave a dismissive response.

The funny thing here is that most of the contributors to this thread are long standing, well respected posters, who most people know from their history of presenting good information. Baal is not only quite diplomatic and knowledgeable, he is even the moderator of a different forum and comes on here to help keep TTDaily a sane place.

Funny that you have insulted so many of the top posters here in just your first thread.

But, hey, we understand you are new and enthusiastic about your product. We will give you the benefit of the doubt that you mean well and just want us to try your racket with an open mind.

Let's see how your video looks and who will like your new design.

There will be some market for it, even if that market is relatively small.

But who knows, maybe we are all wrong and you have found the next version of butter on toast.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

Can you show where I have Insulted someone ? the Boot is on the other foot if someone starts their first contact with Me on a Forum by saying what I am doing may be Trolling!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
Carl, I just MIGHT have to break out one of those PISTOL blades in our next meetup for LULZ.

Imagine going back to Ur club telling them how you got defeated and PISTOL WHIPPED.

Pun Intended.

Please don't mention those Damn failed HEAVY! Pistol blades with about as much Stability as a Blade of grass in the wind! :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Can you show where I have Insulted someone ? the Boot is on the other foot if someone starts their first contact with Me on a Forum by saying what I am doing may be Trolling!

But you quoted and responded to an earlier post of his - how could that have been his first contact with you?

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Please don't mention those Damn failed HEAVY! Pistol blades with about as much Stability as a Blade of grass in the wind! :)
My first official sanctioned US tourney I faced an 1800s rated looters who used one of those. Needless to say, I got Pistol Whipped.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Carl, I just MIGHT have to break out one of those PISTOL blades in our next meetup for LULZ.

Imagine going back to Ur club telling them how you got defeated and PISTOL WHIPPED.

Pun Intended.

I think I did just get pistol whipped. I still have the scars from the whipping you and NextLevel gave me. But I learned something important:

1) the goon squad will surely capture and torture me if I don't start using more aggressive return of serve techniques.

2) the serve techniques that work against players my level DO NOT WORK against players one or two levels higher than me, unless they are simply being nice. [emoji2]

3) I should have gotten Matt H to return the serves for me and then just jumped in for the rest of the rallies. I may have had a chance that way! [emoji2]

4) If you ever try to play me with one of those pistol blades before I fix my receive of serve I will run and hide or hide the blade so you can't use it. I already had Matthew Suchy beat me with a cell phone once. Having that from a 2600 level player on a table with terrible light, I can live with. But I think I may die of shame if I got pistol whipped by good old Der_Echte with a pistol racket.

All this being said, I am looking forward to seeing the newest member of the TTDaily forum present a video of the use of his new invention.

And if he ever wants to come show it off at SPiN NYC, I can get him an audience with the powers that be to show off and market his product and at the same time, we can see what the pros of NYC think of "loop handle" blade. I would have fun giving it a try even if I am pretty sure I like the benefits and versatility of a SHAKEHAND (note, not shake hold) grip.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
Is he just going to use that to excuse his poor level, or is it me?

No excuse Rayeez my 40% ability (at the moment) is equal to most :) and I promise before I post the Video of the A.R.B in action I will be playing at least at 50% :) providing I can lose the Christmas Turkey & Beer Etc. :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Well Pardon Me on that one :) I only make a point of someones first Insults as a Reference point!

So you come here without any evidence whatsoever of how your blade plays other than pictures and words, make claims about how great it is, and you expect that people will treat you with respect and aren't ready to accept that longstanding experienced players will find things you say somewhat incredible and borderline ridiculous?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
The Advanced Response Blade - The Future of Table Tennis Now! - by Anthony.R....

Here:

If you use Words like Wtaf I doubt if you can play or that any Blade would be good for you! :)

Perhaps this is just you being funny but....

That looks like One BIG! Mess of a Blade! ??? Looks like the Rats have had a go at the so called Handle ? :(

Or this:

And NextLevel get's a G- for trying :)

You know nothing about my level of play only what you assume! SAD!

Then you get a H- for saying Money lacks in TT Development! :D

Urm...not sure... Perhaps here. In this one I think you misunderstood Baal's point. You have made yourself known and what your invention looks like. More talk is pointless until we see how it works with a human using it.

The Real Troll is someone like you that comes onto this Thread making a comment like you have,without contributing in any constructive way to the Thread!

But instead you took it as an insult instead of the accurate comment that nothing more needs to be said on the subject until we see the video footage you have promised. More words actually are kind of about agitation rather than productive discourse.

And this is argumentative at best:

You are going to have to demonstrate how this is any different. Words won't do. I actually feel like I would have to try one. However, I think the pistol handles may be at least as good.

And why would weight in a racket be a problem? Some of us actually like heavy blades. And if you haven't met Der_Echte, he is famous for his special handle heavy blade modifications of adding 10-30 grams of weight to the handle of a blade to make it weigh 95-125 grams of handle heavy power and feeling.

I personally like extra weight in my blade as well. More inertia behind your strokes.

I would not know exactly what my level is at Table Tennis as I have never used some kind of Numerical rating to show that.

All I can say is that I have only ever played at about 40% of my ability because of life's problems and not being in one place long enough to show what I can do.

For now we are going to give you the benefit of the doubt because we all are waiting to see your video. But, usually, when someone doesn't really know their level, they are much lower level than they realize. Not always. But most often.

Have you ever played in league in any country? Have you ever played a sanctioned USATT tournament? Have you ever played at a club that has good table tennis floor, high ceilings and lots of space around each table? I am going to assume you have.

But it will be fun to see your video as a starting reference.

Last edited:
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I have always been privately and publicly skeptical of people who register on TT forums and immediately start to sell blade collections or tout something.

Why would someone suddenly get on a forum and go right into that kind of stuff WITHOUT establishing an identity and contribution to forum and get known a little bit first? When I first signed up for TTD, I was already a longtime veteran of numerous forums and half the forum already knew me, but I still made the majority of my posts providing cheering support or suggesting technical stuff or talking about how great Korean TT action was on the amature side with pics first so everyone would know me before I go into other areas...

Still a person might simply just be inclined to jump right into what makes their boat float, but that doesn't make me any less questioning the intentions of a new poster acting like this. If someone wants to sell stuff using TTD as a springboard for marketing, at least be a known contributor to the online TT community for spell to establish a little cred and respect, or at least show enough of Ur colors first.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Der_Echte,

You post too much common sense. Way too much. For this ARB joker, that ship set sail a long time ago.

I will say this for a fact - no one who plays high level TT will underestimate the challenge of coming to a forum to convince experienced players, especially ones like those who frequent TT forums who are actually far more informed about equipment diversity than most, that a blade that no high level player is currently using to play well is an outstanding innovation in table tennis.

Like I said, I have played matches against players using a pistol type grip and I can post one too. It's just about not underestimating what grips are about in table tennis. They are about much more than just comfort or feel, they are also about transferring lots of information from generation to generation in that it is easier to train someone who uses your grip.

NL.

Last edited:
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews
Sorry but I have to say that your 'Loop-hold' in it's current form simply wrong. I don't want say anything about the playing characteristics without a probe, but according to the first picture you should press the racket all the time with your forefinger and that make impossible to make hard shoots consistently and train hard, because you get hand cramp. Firstly you should change the grip to one, which allow you to hold the blade with opened forefinger. This wants to be a constructive reply and not offensive. Go, we need for diversity!

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
So you come here without any evidence whatsoever of how your blade plays other than pictures and words, make claims about how great it is, and you expect that people will treat you with respect and aren't ready to accept that longstanding experienced players will find things you say somewhat incredible and borderline ridiculous?

I have played enough with the Blade to know how good it is! I am as long standing a player as anyone!
Everything comes to those that wait...I ask you have you had time to make a Table Tennis Video during the Christmas Season ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
Here:

Perhaps this is just you being funny but....

Or this:

Urm...not sure... Perhaps here. In this one I think you misunderstood Baal's point. You have made yourself known and what your invention looks like. More talk is pointless until we see how it works with a human using it.

But instead you took it as an insult instead of the accurate comment that nothing more needs to be said on the subject until we see the video footage you have promised. More words actually are kind of about agitation rather than productive discourse.

And this is argumentative at best:

You are going to have to demonstrate how this is any different. Words won't do. I actually feel like I would have to try one. However, I think the pistol handles may be at least as good.

And why would weight in a racket be a problem? Some of us actually like heavy blades. And if you haven't met Der_Echte, he is famous for his special handle heavy blade modifications of adding 10-30 grams of weight to the handle of a blade to make it weigh 95-125 grams of handle heavy power and feeling.

I personally like extra weight in my blade as well. More inertia behind your strokes.

For now we are going to give you the benefit of the doubt because we all are waiting to see your video. But, usually, when someone doesn't really know their level, they are much lower level than they realize. Not always. But most often.

Have you ever played in league in any country? Have you ever played a sanctioned USATT tournament? Have you ever played at a club that has good table tennis floor, high ceilings and lots of space around each table? I am going to assume you have.

But it will be fun to see your video as a starting reference.

Looks like you had a Bad Christmas! :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
I have always been privately and publicly skeptical of people who register on TT forums and immediately start to sell blade collections or tout something.

Why would someone suddenly get on a forum and go right into that kind of stuff WITHOUT establishing an identity and contribution to forum and get known a little bit first? When I first signed up for TTD, I was already a longtime veteran of numerous forums and half the forum already knew me, but I still made the majority of my posts providing cheering support or suggesting technical stuff or talking about how great Korean TT action was on the amature side with pics first so everyone would know me before I go into other areas...

Still a person might simply just be inclined to jump right into what makes their boat float, but that doesn't make me any less questioning the intentions of a new poster acting like this. If someone wants to sell stuff using TTD as a springboard for marketing, at least be a known contributor to the online TT community for spell to establish a little cred and respect, or at least show enough of Ur colors first.

Freedom! is great thing and a person can buy what they want plus Answer or not Answer on Table Tennis forums!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
Der_Echte,

You post too much common sense. Way too much. For this ARB joker, that ship set sail a long time ago.

I will say this for a fact - no one who plays high level TT will underestimate the challenge of coming to a forum to convince experienced players, especially ones like those who frequent TT forums who are actually far more informed about equipment diversity than most, that a blade that no high level player is currently using to play well is an outstanding innovation in table tennis.

Like I said, I have played matches against players using a pistol type grip and I can post one too. It's just about not underestimating what grips are about in table tennis. They are about much more than just comfort or feel, they are also about transferring lots of information from generation to generation in that it is easier to train someone who uses your grip.

NL.

Now we get another! Insult Mr Joker Reference point!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I have played enough with the Blade to know how good it is! I am as long standing a player as anyone!
Everything comes to those that wait...I ask you have you had time to make a Table Tennis Video during the Christmas Season ?

Well, what leagues have you played in? What is your tournament record? If you can't answer those questions, you are not as long standing a player as anyone. Maybe at the basement level, but that is not the level most players here are interested in.

Status
Not open for further replies.