Which blade works with FH = T05 2.1, BH = T80 2.1 ?

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
ALL of those blades listed above would suit those rubbers described for a player who wants a very expensive all-out flexible OFF attacking kind of game who has either the skillz or super-sized equipment budget to go along with it.

One could pick up any of those combinations, get coaching and grow to a nice level still, so do not allow whatever I say to discourage anyone.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2013
Good topic let me share some of my experience about it..
Fh: both t05 and t80 ang ok. If your looking for more power and spin then you go for 05..coz t80 is abit less and softer but spin is also good balance bet spin and speed.
Bh: t80 is better for more controlled ball handling and shifting.

Blade: alc - you cannot afford to be lazy lol you have to brush every ball. But in alc you can perform various skills since and a much controlled game phase..meaning power will come out from you not from the blade.
Zlc- a bit stronger faster than alc very good for punching and blocking specially counter attacks. Dwelling time is better. In zlc on my experience can put you up to a higher level when you are on a rally and being pounded hard by your opponent..the blade wont let you down.. in alc you have to exert every effort in giving out power coz the ball is a bit slower than zlc but like i said you can do more with skills on alc.. now the question is what type is your game? You see this topic of yours is a bit broad and it covers a wide range of info, what i gave you is just an overview. I would suggest you watch Dan and Toms review on tenergy 80.. and uhmm see catallog of bty online.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
Thanks for the rapid response, I play a fast over the table strikes that focus more on the placement of the ball rather than the speed as I like to shoot for the edges, I use the flick and drive shot a lot then the looping (whenever I have the chance to get a decent placement) currently I use the Killerspin 5A with Killerspin Nitrx 4Z on both sides (that was the best available paddle that I found locally) the problem I have with this blade is that I either hit the net or goes miss the table by a very small margin, also I tend to hit the ball flat on defending (working on that).

This user has no status.
Well I usually serve with a very small arcs (back and top spins) in which my opponent usually fling it up with huge arcs and in return I smash it in when it is near the net. ( in short I am a more close to the table guy and the opponents usually try to push it into longer ranges while I try to finish it as close as possible).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2013
Ok this narrows down a bit thats good.. i would suggest timo alc with fh: t05 and bh: t80 dont mind you overshooting the ball its just a matter of bat angle and excess power haha! With alc you can perform alot skills even executing a whip like chiquita inside the table :)

But still wait for other opinion from other members we have ok, you see collective interactive information is very helpful.. :) goodluck and hope to hear from you soon about your new set up!

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

says http://www.cornilleau-competition.com/EN/index.html
says http://www.cornilleau-competition.com/EN/index.html
Mar 2011
Read 8 reviews
If you have to go with the Butterfly solution, I'd go with the ALC and T05-FX or T80 on both sides. Decent spinny rubbers with good speed and control.

If you want to try something else, the Bluefire series or Andro Rasant Powersponge are also really good :)

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
So, if you are saying you go for control more than speed, you should be looking more at the ZLF blades rather than the ALC or the ZLC blades. ZLC blades are very fast. ALC are fast and solid blades. They are good but, they do not have as much control as the ZLF blades.

Based on what you said about style, attacking for placement rather than pace, staying close to the table, I would recommend, of the blades listed, the TB ZLF. But, also based on the style you listed, I would recommend the Stiga Clipper over any of the blades you have listed. Well, maybe the TB ZLF and the Clipper run even as to which would be good for you.

Those rubbers go with all those blades. So you just choose the rubbers you want. One thing that you should be aware of though. In choosing thickness, here is information for you. 2.1 is more for people who are looping most of their shots. 1.9 is more for control and for people who tend to hit more. If you were looping all the time, you would want 2.1. But it sounds like you are hitting most of the time and only looping when the opportunity really opens up. So you may be better off with 1.9 than 2.1. But you should decide that yourself.

One thing you should know, in getting this equipment, what ever you get, it is going to be a HUGE adjustment going from that Killerspin preassembled racket to what you are thinking of getting. It might take you a few weeks to get used to. Perhaps even more. This might be a better setup for you to start:

Butterfly Primorac Off- with Xiom Vega Pro (FH) and Xiom Vega Europe (BH)

or

Stiga Allround Evolution with Xiom Vega Pro (FH) and Xiom Vega Europe (BH).

Have you hit with Tenergy before?

Have you hit with any of those blades before?

Or did you just read stuff on line and decide those were the blades you wanted to choose from?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
So, if you are saying you go for control more than speed, you should be looking more at the ZLF blades rather than the ALC or the ZLC blades. ZLC blades are very fast. ALC are fast and solid blades. They are good but, they do not have as much control as the ZLF blades.

Based on what you said about style, attacking for placement rather than pace, staying close to the table, I would recommend, of the blades listed, the TB ZLF. But, also based on the style you listed, I would recommend the Stiga Clipper over any of the blades you have listed. Well, maybe the TB ZLF and the Clipper run even as to which would be good for you.

Those rubbers go with all those blades. So you just choose the rubbers you want. One thing that you should be aware of though. In choosing thickness, here is information for you. 2.1 is more for people who are looping most of their shots. 1.9 is more for control and for people who tend to hit more. If you were looping all the time, you would want 2.1. But it sounds like you are hitting most of the time and only looping when the opportunity really opens up. So you may be better off with 1.9 than 2.1. But you should decide that yourself.

One thing you should know, in getting this equipment, what ever you get, it is going to be a HUGE adjustment going from that Killerspin preassembled racket to what you are thinking of getting. It might take you a few weeks to get used to. Perhaps even more. This might be a better setup for you to start:

Butterfly Primorac Off- with Xiom Vega Pro (FH) and Xiom Vega Europe (BH)

or

Stiga Allround Evolution with Xiom Vega Pro (FH) and Xiom Vega Europe (BH).

Have you hit with Tenergy before?

Have you hit with any of those blades before?

Or did you just read stuff on line and decide those were the blades you wanted to choose from?

What is the main difference between Butterfly Priomarac and Stiga ALL Evo?

About the Tenergy and blades question the answer is no to both because we don't have these products locally, The known companies we have here is Stiga and Killerspin.

PS: would TB All+ or Maze Performance be as good? plus I heard the Xiom rubbers are not forgiving at all.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
The Rossi Emotion blade is a good one too, but it is in that range of speed that makes it like the blades listed in the original post: quite fast for someone who has never used that grade of equipment.

The Xiom Vega series is great and has a ton of control which is why I recommended it for what you want. It is a few notches up from Sriver and much much much more manageable than going from a preassmebled KillerSpin racket to Tenergy and fast composite Off-Off+ Blades.

Other Xiom rubbers like the Omega series and Sigma series would not be as easy to control. But the Vega series has juice and a ton of control.

As far as the blades, I like the Stiga blade better. It is crisper and has better feeling. But it is more delicate. If you hit your blade on the edge of the table frequently the Butterfly is more solid. The two blades are the same speed. The butterfly is a bit softer and has less feeling.

Both blades are amazing for a first self built blade and both can be used all the way up to a very high level. I have a friend who uses the Stiga blade with Xiom Omega IV Pro for forehand and Vega Pro for backhand. For you, the rubbers I already recommended would be better. But that us a great setup.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
To recap: what I would go for if I was you is this:

Stiga Allround Evolution
FH Xiom Vega Pro
BH Xiom Vega Europe

If you wanted a slightly sturdier blade that plays very similarly:

Stiga Tube Allround may be better for you. The Vega rubbers go really well with both of these blades.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
The Primorac Off- is really one of the best blades in its class ever designed and definitely, by far, the best blade in that class that Butterfly ever designed.

Why do I, personally, for me, like the Stiga blades better when the craftsmanship and durability are not as good? The Stiga blades are almost half the price and have twice the feeling. I would make that trade. More feeling for less durability when you can buy 2 for almost the same price as one.

But overall the Primorac Off- is a great great blade.