Which cleaner do you like?

Has anyone ever actually damaged their rubber with soap/alcohol? I keep hearing alcohol will "dry out" the rubber, but no one cares to explain what it means and how - from a chemical pov - does it happen. Another popular anecdote is the rubber softening (sometimes referred to as "liquefying"), never seen that happen either. I personally use a good old bar of soap to great effect and never had a rubber go bad.
I would stay away from alcohol, but I am using a cleaner (Dandoy bio cleaner) now for 6 months. It actually revived my bloom power and I got some tackiness back. My H3 provincial hasn’t taken any damage whatsoever yet. What I see is that plain water is not enough in the long run and one drop of cleaner goes a looong way….

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023

I was just browsing rubber cleaners. I never realized that cleaners were so cheap. I imagined them being much more expensive, like $20 a bottle. but $5 seems really cheap.

Which cleaner do you use or which do you like best?

The Yasaka cleaning is $4.36 and Neottec is $3.18. These prices surprised me.
Personally I like bty cure water. not too foamy and hard to apply evenly like spin refresh. Can be used for tacky and non tacky rubbers. makes non-tacky rubbers slightly tacky.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2011
So i got some of that rejuvenator to see how they work. The Revo doesn't really do anything to old rubbers except just clean it. So now I use it as a cleaner and it's going to last a looong time. I've had it for about a year and a 100ml bottle is only like 1/3 used. You only need 2 drops each time so it goes a long way.

This user has no status.
At home, I've been using the PRO-SPIN cleaning kit that I bought from Amazon. It's been doing a decent job for me, and it's affordable, too, just $13.
At our office in Lafayette, we've got a different setup. Our cleaning company, Going Green, uses JOOLA, which I picked up from Walmart for around $20. It seems to work well enough.

Last edited:
I bought the Neottec cleaner from TT11. What I do is spray a little of the cleaner on the rubber, and then use a wet tower to wipe it.
Using the same cleaner with a small household sponge. Works great.

Cheers
L-zr

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I have this really nice PVA sponge that I used to use with a small amount of water. I like it. It works really well. But what I like even more is just a small amount of water on my hand and to clean the topsheet with my hand. Your hand, with a tiny bit of water, can really get a lot more off than you realize and you can feel when there is still stuff on the topsheet.

The sponge with water works really well. But I feel like it isn't needed even though it does work.

This sponge I am talking about is on this page towards the bottom:

Super Absorbant PVA Sponge. I got the idea from Greg Letts ages ago from when he ran About.com. That sponge itself, with just water will get a lot off your blade because of what a high quality sponge it is. Also, it says it lasts almost forever....the ones I have are about 15 years old.

But I still like just my hand with water better. :)

This user has no status.
I use this Revolution cleaner and it's pretty economical and convenient. It might look like expensive at 10EUR for only 110ml, but it lasts for a very long time since only a few drops/rubber are needed.

View attachment 24359
Hi Zwill, do you have reliable information about whether this cleaning product can be used or not during ITTF competitions? I became curious, because I have a fairly nitpicky opponent, who says, because I use this product, and if I am not ITTF compliant, then he also can use any stuff not complying to ITTF regulations.