Who do you think will win the World Championships?

• Ma Long

Votes: 65 37.6%
  • Fan Zhendong

Votes: 67 38.7%
  • Xu Xin

Votes: 14 8.1%
  • Zhang Jike

Votes: 16 9.2%
  • Dimitrij Ovtcharov

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Jun Mizutani

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Wong Chun Ting

• Timo Boll

• Chuang Chih Yuan

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Other (Post Below)

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
Holy moly! Check this news.
http://sports.qq.com/a/20170606/007386.htm
Ma Long got a sprained ankle in R32 and was worried before playing against Chuang Chih Yuan. Interestingly, to cheer him up, Liu Guoliang played a practice match with ML starting from 9:7 (LGL leading) and LGL was allowed for fault serves. ML did beat LGL. Did he recall this practice in the deciding game against Fan Zhendong?
Also, ML did not eat before the final since all the store was closed due to the holiday (?)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Ma Long got a sprained ankle in R32 and was worried before playing against Chuang Chih Yuan. Interestingly, to cheer him up, Liu Guoliang played a practice match with ML starting from 9:7 (LGL leading) and LGL was allowed for fault serves. ML did beat LGL. Did he recall this practice in the deciding game against Fan Zhendong?
Also, ML did not eat before the final since all the store was closed due to the holiday (?)

Rain , do you have news on ZJK or his future plans or and any other such news iside CNT ?

This user has no status.
Not that it's entirely unexpected, but I'm still sad that no one from Europe except for Solja claimed medals in this edition of WTTC.

the chocolate medal, in the Mixed Doubles that Chinese don't care about... and she was the one who prevented FANG Bo from getting (well deserved for him) gold...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2012

This is the reason that ML would never be great as ZJK. ZJK got the whole ekip following him, posting his injection shots, injury, and all kinds of disadvantages prior to every competition and match. ML said he has learned a lot from ZJK, but IMHO his coach should also learn from ZJK's too :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
This is the reason that ML would never be great as ZJK. ZJK got the whole ekip following him, posting his injection shots, injury, and all kinds of disadvantages prior to every competition and match. ML said he has learned a lot from ZJK, but IMHO his coach should also learn from ZJK's too :)

Sent from my using Tapatalk

It was liu guoliang who has posted most of the photos and xiao zhan posted the photos of rehabilitation after his fans were so much worry about him . i mean maybe it wasnt as serious as zjk's but again its a injury .

Reactions: TTFrenzy
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
In my opinion, Lee style matches very well FZD strenghts. Nice game for the spectacle but my guess is 4-0 for FZD.

Not able again to find a gif of myself whistling...hahaha

Back to humble mode. My guess for the final would have been pretty inaccurate. My money was on Ma Long 4-0...

What a 7th. set! Congratulations to all TTD members who where able to be in the hall to feel the adrenaline.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
But there was only one player who was close to Ma Long. Ma Long was too strong for anyone else. Only FZD is at a level to give Ma Long a real run for his money right now.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Wait one year or less for Lin Gaoyuang. He is the real new beast.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Don't take the bait ping fun ...
It was liu guoliang who has posted most of the photos and xiao zhan posted the photos of rehabilitation after his fans were so much worry about him . i mean maybe it wasnt as serious as zjk's but again its a injury .

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2012

You dun learn abt his injury just recently, do you? What you said is the photos during this WTTC preparation, but his injury drama has been there for a long time. But fans, at least TTD fans, would never know that many other CNT folks also got injury and injection shots. Thats all their coaches fault not to bring up with photos to social network, while ZJK's coach is the best at that. Until one day all these secrets were revealed by Rain, a newly joined TTD dude.

Dun get me wrong, I am a huge fan of ZJK too. My point is just simply that it would be good, for the fans, if all coaches learn from ZJK's to keep posting the injury infos before every competition, then even if their players lose, their names will be still maintained in a great value, like a all time legend, for example.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lan

says ahh that sucks, thamks for writing back though:)

Lan

says ahh that sucks, thamks for writing back though:)
Jan 2011
looking forward to seeing your vlog mate

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
What really is strange to me is how chinese can be so happy after they lose to their teammates ....

View attachment 13397
View attachment 13398
View attachment 13399
View attachment 13400
View attachment 13401
View attachment 13402

cuz the nation always emphasize it's a team effort more than any individual selfish thought and personal glory... and that philosophical concept permeates within all aspects of life... just imagine that a defeat against a teammate is counted less, what really matter is not to lose against any foreign player. Also benefits, rewards, appreciation all reflect a team effort i/o some individual's sterling achievements. Just look at the many advertisements there that feature the TT players, you see a team i/o just few stars.

Last edited:
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
cuz the nation always emphasize it's a team effort more than any individual selfish thought and personal glory... and that philosophical concept permeates within all aspects of life... just imagine that a defeat against a teammate is counted less, what really matter is not to lose against any foreign player. Also benefits, rewards, appreciation all reflect a team effort i/o some individual's sterling achievements. Just look at the many advertisements there that feature the TT players, you see a team i/o just few stars.

Swedizh tamscwere lime this too back in their era.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
You dun learn abt his injury just recently, do you? What you said is the photos during this WTTC preparation, but his injury drama has been there for a long time. But fans, at least TTD fans, would never know that many other CNT folks also got injury and injection shots. Thats all their coaches fault not to bring up with photos to social network, while ZJK's coach is the best at that. Until one day all these secrets were revealed by Rain, a newly joined TTD dude.

Dun get me wrong, I am a huge fan of ZJK too. My point is just simply that it would be good, for the fans, if all coaches learn from ZJK's to keep posting the injury infos before every competition, then even if their players lose, their names will be still maintained in a great value, like a all time legend, for example.

Sent from my using Tapatalk

but to be honest by looking at your previous comments https://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?15577-Ma-Long-the-GOAT you are a hardcore malong fan not zjk . Cause a fan never bring his player under question mark . what i said was : liu guolinag ( the head coach of cnt not zjk's private coach ) has sent many of the zjk's injury photos . that's it . so why he didnt wanted to send ma long 's to reduce his pressure is a question mark for every one. it seems it wasnt as serious as zhang jike's .

Last edited: