Who do you think will win the World Championships?

• Ma Long

Votes: 65 37.6%
  • Fan Zhendong

Votes: 67 38.7%
  • Xu Xin

Votes: 14 8.1%
  • Zhang Jike

Votes: 16 9.2%
  • Dimitrij Ovtcharov

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Jun Mizutani

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Wong Chun Ting

• Timo Boll

• Chuang Chih Yuan

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Other (Post Below)

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
Love all these photos. Spectacular moments! I am going to do a write up on my experiences tomorrow. Thanks for everyone who got involved on TableTennisDaily, what an amazing event!

Dan... I was hoping to meet you, and maybe play a game if time allowed for it.. but I wasn't able to find you :( I searched all over the WTTC on friday. Heard you wanted to arrange a meet with one of my great table tennis buddies "Yoass" but it seems it was already too late :(. Perhaps in the future the possibility would be there? :D

It was an amazing experience to be there.. in the playing hall I was able to play some games against 2 very cool germans who were around my level, it was so much fun to play against people from different countries. I am really hoping for TTD member-gatherings in the upcoming table tennis events!

Reactions: ping fun
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
Team China in Beijing :

video : http://tw.weibo.com/5408861395/4115982224307967

3bc674a4ly1fgcialavlqj22c0340b2a (1).jpg
006lnjPily1fgcl08ugdgj31a31wvqsk.jpg
006yZyTfgy1fgcl1zcdhzj30eu0m8n0d.jpg
3bc674a4ly1fgcisdzw9wj22c03401ky.jpg
3bc674a4ly1fgcian9drjj22c0340hdu.jpg
3bc674a4ly1fgciar13fpj22c0340npe.jpg
60e797c1ly1fgck5qbh4pj20oc17z0y8.jpg
006yZyTfgy1fgcimn5ouhj32c0340u0x.jpg
3bc674a4ly1fgcisfo7hbj22c03407wi.jpg

Zhang jike fans waiting
005KdHVbly1fgcginfvkvj33402c0e82.jpg

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
Fan is already as good as Ma. And he is not even 20. He is going to get even better in the next year or so. Everyone else in World TT should just forget about the No1 slot for at least another 7 years. (Not that anyone outside China had a chance to get in the top 2 anyway).

With the kid's style and playing time, his health is not a given. Just saying. Ask Zhang Jike.

This is exactly what I am worried about..
I mean - commentators said about his breakfast.. oh my .. BACON AND NUTELLA FOR BREAKFAST???
ARE YOU COMPLETELY INSANE FAN ZHENDONG ????
Me eating that stuff I would lose to 2 levels worse players of me without possibility to move!

Someone should really explain him ..

Reactions: bobpuls
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
This is exactly what I am worried about..
I mean - commentators said about his breakfast.. oh my .. BACON AND NUTELLA FOR BREAKFAST???
ARE YOU COMPLETELY INSANE FAN ZHENDONG ????
Me eating that stuff I would lose to 2 levels worse players of me without possibility to move!

Someone should really explain him ..

Michael Phelps, who some consider the greatest athlete of all time, used to eat 10,000 calories a day, including a significant amount of pizza, to fuel his workouts. At that level, you need concentrated amounts of energy. Sure, there may be healthier ways, but at that age, it is not as big a deal as you think when it comes to fitness.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
Michael Phelps, who some consider the greatest athlete of all time, used to eat 10,000 calories a day, including a significant amount of pizza, to fuel his workouts. At that level, you need concentrated amounts of energy. Sure, there may be healthier ways, but at that age, it is not as big a deal as you think when it comes to fitness.

Well, me as a health food consultant or how to translate what I actually do .. simply I cannot agree!
If you knew what actually NUTELLA does to your brain and poor body, you would know, that it can really slow down your reactions and everything.
Having healthy breakfast, maybe Fan would have won ;)

But we will never find out now..

Anyways - this only supports what I think - Fan will get much more injuries in the future than Zhang.
And this can lead to NO world championships singles title at all..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Read 1 reviews
It's a bit worrying to me that Asia appears to have a lot of rising talents compared to europe. Anton Källberg seems to be the only one to really have top 10 capabilities.

There is a phenomenal kid from Sweden:

A kid from Russia is not bad too:

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
It's a bit worrying to me that Asia appears to have a lot of rising talents compared to europe. Anton Källberg seems to be the only one to really have top 10 capabilities.

Check out Alexander Valuch of Slovakia..
He might be comming up slow, but sure.
I think he will be able to challenge even the chinese in upcomming 10 years.

But it is still long way to go.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Well, me as a health food consultant or how to translate what I actually do .. simply I cannot agree!
If you knew what actually NUTELLA does to your brain and poor body, you would know, that it can really slow down your reactions and everything.
Having healthy breakfast, maybe Fan would have won ;)

But we will never find out now..

Anyways - this only supports what I think - Fan will get much more injuries in the future than Zhang.
And this can lead to NO world championships singles title at all..

How many world class athletes with daily physical training have you consulted for? Just curious.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
How many world class athletes with daily physical training have you consulted for? Just curious.

Two so far, but one got away, because he doesnt believe in "food therapy" or how to call what can be done with food.
The second one is just starting, but he already found out what good breakfast can do to your body and also your head.
And his dad just yesterday told me that the form of his boy is growing day by day very fast.
But this is only the start.
There is so much more..

But it is not easy to get to these super athletes, because I am no commercial consultant. I only go by recommendations, and these athletes here they only (mostly) go by sponsored commercial consultants that in fact are not always best solution.
I had the luck to know dad of this athlete and he already knew that food is important, just didnt have the knowledge I do.
After we were talking, we are trying to set up the best food possible to the youngster to help him as much as possible to grow.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi