This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Well, a rather dumb or ignorant question perhaps, is this "ITTF Team World Cup" same as the "WTTTC"? I just don't follow closely :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Two separate events
Okay, so ITTF just behaves like the FIVB Volleyball organization, it loves to give the "WORLD" label to many championships, causing fans who don't follow closely be confused with several "World" competitions for the NT... The casual folks get confused which one is more important than the others :) LOL... Ofc the regular obsevers know the differences.

Reactions: thomas.pong
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Okay, so ITTF just behaves like the FIVB Volleyball organization, it loves to give the "WORLD" label to many championships, causing fans who don't follow closely be confused with several "World" competitions for the NT... The casual folks get confused which one is more important than the others :) LOL... Ofc the regular obsevers know the differences.
I guess US baseball is the worst offender. The World Series, where the American League Champion and National League Champion play at the end of the season.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
Golden boys before winning

49c97952gy1for3olxb1nj20zk0qoth9.jpg

Golden boys after winning

74313659ly1fot89f9fl7j21400qojyp.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
Read 1 reviews
I remember not too long ago after Timo beat ML someone insisted that the world has a chance and Chinese domination is over! Not so fast I think. It is still very much one sided for the Chinese, especially in the team event. I hope Harimoto will change the trend on the single event 3 years from now. But wait! Timo will be WR #1 soon so I guess someone was right :cool:LOL.

Reactions: matzreenzi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2017
So today I was at the tournament. And after the competition several fans were waiting outside for players autographs. Fzd came out of a side exit which came unnoticed by many fans and went onto the coach. Many fans ran after him and a few even followed him onto the coach. The ones that followed him onto the coach were mainly local English kids not Chinese fans. I thought this was very disrespectful and rude and felt sorry for the players inside. I was surprised there was no security to stop such a thing happening.

NDH

says Spin to win!
I was at the final today - Yeah, the matches were one sided, but to see FzD and ML in their prime was amazing!

Although one of the hightlighrs for me was catching up with Adam Bobrow in the commentary box next to where I was sitting.

What a genuinely super nice guy he is! His commentary should be standard at all events!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
Adam is a great commentator but LGL may be the greatest. He not only analyzed each player's characteristics (even it was the first time he saw that player play), how the player lost one particular point and what should be done, and made strategies for the player (especially CNT player) which he or she magically followed. It is an eye-opening and mind-blowing experience. I feel really sorry for CNT to lose such a coach who really understands the sport and knows his players. Also, I feel we need better English translators on both ITTF and CTTA/CNT sides, if they really want to promote the sport.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Well, a rather dumb or ignorant question perhaps, is this "ITTF Team World Cup" same as the "WTTTC"? I just don't follow closely :)

Two separate events

1) World Team Cup
2) World Team Table Tennis Championships

Can someone explain the difference in the qualification process and how it works for each tournament.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
Read 1 reviews
Adam is a great commentator but LGL may be the greatest. He not only analyzed each player's characteristics (even it was the first time he saw that player play), how the player lost one particular point and what should be done, and made strategies for the player (especially CNT player) which he or she magically followed. It is an eye-opening and mind-blowing experience. I feel really sorry for CNT to lose such a coach who really understands the sport and knows his players. Also, I feel we need better English translators on both ITTF and CTTA/CNT sides, if they really want to promote the sport.

Adam is not that technical. Someone like LGL can make better comments and with a good translator could make TT more interesting. Then Adam can tag along to make it more entertaining.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
I was at the final today - Yeah, the matches were one sided, but to see FzD and ML in their prime was amazing!

Although one of the hightlighrs for me was catching up with Adam Bobrow in the commentary box next to where I was sitting.

What a genuinely super nice guy he is! His commentary should be standard at all events!

I don't know you but let me see if the world is too small.
Weren't you the guy with a blue suit or backpack from Butterfly that was walking inside the playing hall and had a talk with a couple that was seating with their son in the first row ( next to me) and you told them that you got Adam's number?

Last edited: