Which team do you think will win the World Team Championships 2014?

• China

Votes: 172 80.0%
  • Germany

Votes: 16 7.4%
  • Japan

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • Korea Republic

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • Chinese Taipei

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Portugal

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • Hong Kong

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Austria

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Croatia

Votes: 5 2.3%
  • Other (Post Below)

Votes: 2 0.9%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
:(
Mens is on track....

Men's Event:
Gold: China
Silver: Germany
Bronze: Japan
Bronze: Korea Republic

Women's Event
Gold: China
Silver: Korea Republic
Bronze: Japan
Bronze: Singapore

Due to womens draw, I was hoping Korea will be on the other side, and they will beat Japan and go into Finals to meet China
I guess that Singapore will face China in SF, so China 1, and Singapore 3 was easy.
But Silver was always tough, and I don't think Japan is strong enough with they number 1 player out.

So closed to getting this right :(

So now it seems China 1, Singapore 3, and 2nd place will be Japan/HK
Japan womens must be the luckiest from all countries with the draw, by not having Korea and Singapore on their half

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Those starved of news from #ttokyo2014 might try looking at chinese news site http://sports.sohu.com/s2014/2014wttc/ for their reporting of the world team championships. By using google chrome, you can set it to translate from chinese to english which is convenient. It's not perfect but better than nothing.
For what is considered a major event in one of THE biggest sports in the world, I feel the ITTF have been poor with updates and news for fans of every country. The occasional photo doesn't quite cut it.
Lots of good pics and for the Liu Shiwen fans http://pic.sports.sohu.com/group-554946.shtml#1

Reactions: tan.theveteran
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2013
Those starved of news from #ttokyo2014 might try looking at chinese news site http://sports.sohu.com/s2014/2014wttc/ for their reporting of the world team championships. By using google chrome, you can set it to translate from chinese to english which is convenient. It's not perfect but better than nothing.
For what is considered a major event in one of THE biggest sports in the world, I feel the ITTF have been poor with updates and news for fans of every country. The occasional photo doesn't quite cut it.
Lots of good pics and for the Liu Shiwen fans http://pic.sports.sohu.com/group-554946.shtml#1

thanks for sharing...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2014
Read 6 reviews
Reactions: TableTennisDaily
This user has no status.
Gionis was so cool when he played Mattenet today! No pressure got to him.

Yeah, he was injured but he used that to his advantage. He used his brain more, and threw Mattenet off his game with steady backhand chops and forehand returns, with a great variety of spin.

Mattenet had obvious problem reading the spin, combined with his poor mentality under pressure, Gionis just kept a cool head and secured the win for Greece.
Which was fortunate because Kreanga was also experiencing pain in his shoulder, and he wouldn't be able to play 100%, had there been a deciding fifth match.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
As I know, Papageorgiou is also very good against defenders, I was watching him on ETC when he was playing with chtchetinine and he really showed great performanse, he has wonderful ability to put the ball short. I don't why did the coach replace him

Lagogiannis is better technically than papageorgiou against defenders and has a better record against them. Papageorgiou on the other hand is 6 times greek national champion in the past years and has achieved better wins in euro/world tours than Lagogiannis. The decision was tough cause Lagogiannis although is worse than papageorgiou in general, he is master against defenders but he doesnt have the courage of papageorgiou. All in all it is tough to say who is gonna play and who doesnt when they are almost equal against defenders

says bebakhshid.
says bebakhshid.
Jun 2012
Austria, Chinese Taipei and Portugal reached the quarter-final. Singapore vs Sweden hasn't been played yet. I think Sweden will be the winner of that match.

Quarter-Final matches:

China vs Austria
Chinese Taipei vs Korea
Japan vs Portugal
Winner between Sweden and Singapore vs Germany

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
USA womens almost beat Serbia 3-2, great effort from this young team, having promoted to Championship Div this year.
Romania womens beat Korea 3-2, now can the Romanians take out Singapore too?
Netherlands womens also beaten Chinese Taipei 3-0

Now we need to see if the Japanese mens can hold off Portugal
China should have no problems with Austria

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012
I just couldn't believe Kristian Karlsson lost the match. There's a video on youtube. I've never seen this guy and I'm already liking his playstyle, he plays forehand and backhand so well. But look in the 4th game where he was about to win, being 2 points ahead in a match point and Gao Ning touched the edge of the table. What a luck from Gao Ning.. Kristian Karlsson deserved to win this.

Reactions: jeycop