Who do you think will win the World Tour Grand Finals?

• Ma Long

Votes: 36 47.4%
  • Fan Zhendong

Votes: 20 26.3%
  • Xu Xin

Votes: 7 9.2%
  • Jun Mizutani

Votes: 6 7.9%
  • Chuang Chih Yuan

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Vladimir Samsonov

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Wong Chun Ting

• Dimitrij Ovtcharov

• Kenta Matsudaira

• Other (Post Below)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Jeoung Youngsik must be an absolute delight for Ryu Seung Min to coach. He has the same positive body language and fighting spirit throughout the entire match regardless of the score, he's mentally strong and is a fantastic match-player!

That backhand is also ridiculously consistent. Interesting point by the commentator wondering if JYS can make it a BH to BH battle against Ma Long (if they meet), like he did against CCY. Would love to see JYS in the final!

This user has no status.
Both players have my respect for the way they ended that 6th set. JYS showing respect to an icon and CCY acknowledging that and paying it back.

That being said, I don't know why CCY decided to fight BH to BH for the first 6 points in set 6. Although JYS FH seemed closer to CCY FH than CCY BH was to JYS BH, fighting FH to FH would have given CCY a much better chance.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Read 1 reviews
That being said, I don't know why CCY decided to fight BH to BH for the first 6 points in set 6.

In the hindsight, that is true. But he lost the previous two games using that tactics. Probably he decided to throw in something different to surprise the opponent. But it did not work out.

This user has no status.
In the hindsight, that is true. But he lost the previous two games using that tactics. Probably he decided to throw in something different to surprise the opponent. But it did not work out.

I am not sure I saw a tactic in set 6 from CCY. Atleast attacking JYS FH was keeping him competitive.

This user has no status.
Wow. Ma Long looked like he came in extremely motivated

great performance from ML.

WCT was trying to hit too hard and going for the killshot too eagerly in first 2 sets. Set 3 he started playing within himself abit more and got alot more balls on then ML stayed in close and closed out toward the end. Set 4 WCT was playing to ML too much, trying to hit past him and lost all those spectacular rallies. I wanted him to mix his pace and placement up abit more.

says TTD Team vs Pongfinity OUT NOW on our YT Channel
says TTD Team vs Pongfinity OUT NOW on our YT Channel
Administrator
Oct 2010
Round of 16 Results:

Ma Long 4-2 Li Ping
Kenta Matsudaira 3-4 Wong Chun Ting
Chuang Chih Yuan 4-2 Yuya Oshima
Jeoung Youngsik 4-3 Jun Mizutani

Xu Xin 4-0 Chen Chien An
Yuto Muramatsu 4-3 Vladimir Samsonov
Dimitrij Ovtcharov 4-1 Tang Peng
Koki Niwa 1-4 Fan Zhendong

Quarter Final Schedule:

Ma Long vs Wong Chun Ting (4-0)
Chuang Chih Yuan vs Jeoung Youngsik (2-4)

Xu Xin vs Yuto Muramatsu
Dimitrij Ovtcharov vs Fan Zhendong

Reactions: TurboZ and Suga D