Who do you think will win the World Tour Grand Finals?

• Dimitrij Ovtcharov

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • Timo Boll

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • Fan Zhendong

Votes: 36 48.6%
  • Lin Gaoyuan

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Xu Xin

Votes: 12 16.2%
  • Tomokazu Harimoto

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Simon Gauzy

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Vladimir Samsonov

• Kenta Matsudaira

• Other (Post Below)

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Dima got shaken up in ways I haven't seen from a previous #1. He made some very strange decisions. Surely it's also thanks to Tomos skills and smarts but Dima started backing off and playing weirdly inconfident soft returns for Tomo to 3rd ball kill.

Seriously???? Dima played magnificently!!!! In fact all the players in this event have been playing with rarely seen power and beauty.

This user has no status.
Seriously???? Dima played magnificently!!!! In fact all the players in this event have been playing with rarely seen power and beauty.
I totally agree.
Dima did a great job, high risky shots almost everytime. Some mistakes here and there but overall a good perfomance.
I honestly saw a true champion, always in control. Harimoto was on fire, but still wasn't enough to beat Dima.
I cant wait to see the semi finals!!

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Sorry, but these words seem contradictory to me.

Sadly I haven’t yet seen the match. I’ll gladly believe it witnesses extraordinary play by Harimoto. I’ll also believe it’s possible that Ovtcharov has games in which he doesn’t meet his usual standard. I have a hard time believing that a match in which Dima is so-so and Tomo is on fire will work out to this result.

So I suspect you may be misplacing the bar for at least one. Could that be true?
He is, but no point calling him out. Harimoto and Niwa won a lot of games at deuce. Dima has only played one bad game the whole tournament, his game 6 vs Harimoto. But he has pretty much dominated both matches despite the deceptive score lines.

I hope he just gets luckier in those margins if he has to play them vs LGY.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews
He is, but no point calling him out. Harimoto and Niwa won a lot of games at deuce. Dima has only played one bad game the whole tournament, his game 6 vs Harimoto. But he has pretty much dominated both matches despite the deceptive score lines.

I hope he just gets luckier in those margins if he has to play them vs LGY.

I couldn't see that he dominated the match against Niwa. Actually, if Niwa don't get the tip to slow down a little (it was obvious that after his timeout he tried to play safer and use his BH more), which broke his momentum, I think he would won. Dima brought his usual standard, but Niwa was phenomenal. Dima's determination gave him the last set. Dima worked hard for that No.1 title and wanted it badly.
I haven't seen his match against Harimoto yet.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I couldn't see that he dominated the match against Niwa. Actually, if Niwa don't get the tip to slow down a little (it was obvious that after his timeout he tried to play safer and use his BH more), which broke his momentum, I think he would won. Dima brought his usual standard, but Niwa was phenomenal. Dima's determination gave him the last set. Dima worked hard for that No.1 title and wanted it badly.
I haven't seen his match against Harimoto yet.
Since Niwa won every game he won by a 2 point margin and Dima won every game by more than That, the scores don't agree with You, even if your eye test may be right ( and I don't think it is). I felt thst Dima got unlucky on too many deuce points.

Reactions: achalwins94