WTT Singapore Smash 2024 3/7-3/17

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
WS R16
JCH 1-3 CM
G1 106, 1010 corner edge for CM, 1011, 1111, 1112, 1212 epic save of FH corner edge for JCH, 1213, 1413, 1415, 1715
G4 610, 910, 911

MD QF
Good-for-nothing Shinozuka/Togami 2-1 -> 2-3 LJH/JWJ (-7, 11, 8, -9, -5)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
WCQ is Truls his Kryptonite.
I still think that Truls is overrated and that his playstyle and his ability to play his playstyle so well makes him win so many games,
especially against non-Chinese and mostly non-Asian players.

He can deny 3rd Ball Attacks quite well from most non-Chinese players by keeping the receives relatively short and low, compared to others.
He has good Topspin Serves where many people are too afraid to attack them or are unable to deny his 3rd Ball Attack and it ends up giving him free points.
He can anticipate and counter block/punch which many people are not trained well against.
Just to name a few things.

Imo, He has gotten almost the maximum out of his playstyle.
It shows how good and effective it can be, but it also shows its big downside.
Against the chinese players and their solid and effective playstyle, it has no merit and he always looks like he has no chance.
They just beat him up and dont get challenged or need to step it up.

Yes, Truls beats most Europeans and a lot of Asians and thats it.
Players like Ovtcharov, Dang, Harimoto, LYJ, Felix etc. are much bigger threats to the CNT and are more serious contenders for the bigger titles than Truls is.
European and WTT Tournaments without the CNT and some other big names, sure Truls is strong.
But not much more than that.

I am not hating on Truls or saying that he is a bad player.
Simply saying that he and his playstyle are not suitable to challenge anything at the very top level and that continuing to "train harder" in that sense wont get him much further than he currently is.

All copyrights are due under my humble opinion, open for discussion.
I agree completely - his weapons just don't look effective against the CNT players

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
I guess I need to VPN to Canada to watch the match?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
If they don't do something about serves, there is absolutely no one other than Fan Zhendong and maybe Lin Yun Ju that has a chance against WCQ. This is ridiculous.
Have you seen LYJ shovel and long fast serves?? Watch the match against Felix

Jan 2018
XD SF
LJH/SYB 3-1 Harimoto/Hayata (-7, 9, 6, 5)
G2 05, 119

What's left of JNT at this point? Coach Ito, cheerleaders Kihara/Joo Cheonhui, good-for-nothing Togami/Shinozuka?

It's difficult to convince myself that Miwa can recover in 2 weeks after WTTC 2024.
Short pips to save the day for JNT. Their lower limit is even worse than that of KNT.

WS R16
SYS 3-0 Harimoto (2, 10, 8)

Reactions: KiwiPong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
Short pips to save the day for JNT. Their lower limit is even worse than that of KNT.

WS R16
SYS 3-0 Harimoto (2, 10, 8)
Please can you somehow get stills of the point of contact for WCQ's serve as compared to Moregard's serve today?
I hope it's not too big a request, Thank you very much for all you do.

Reactions: latej
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
LYJ: Before the serve, do me a favor and ban WCT, LJH and F. Lebrun first...
Even LYJ himself doesn't have clean serves, he has some funny free arm action to it, and he brings out the shovel serve when he's in trouble like (you know how) on the other side of the strait.

Jan 2018
Please can you somehow get stills of the point of contact for WCQ's serve as compared to Moregard's serve today?
I hope it's not too big a request, Thank you very much for all you do.
Tieba users have done that for past matches. Big Head hides the ball (not just contact) with his big head. 遮圣/The Hidden Saint and 王遮荣耀/Hidden King of Glory are two of his many nicknames.

王遮荣耀 启动! (Hidden King of Glory Activated!)
https://tieba.baidu.com/p/8640176231

西蒙高茨又开团了 (Gauzy is on a quest again)
https://tieba.baidu.com/p/8631750654
王楚钦遮挡发球这事真是丢人丢到国外了,西蒙高茨又在内涵 (WCQ hiding the serve has become an international disgrace | Simon Gauzy insinuates again)
https://tieba.baidu.com/p/8601488462

Last edited:
Reactions: latej
says Formely known as gordonluvsu.
Feb 2023
While some people are intentional and deliberate about making their serves illegal,
I dont think that everyone who pulls out a shovel or similar serve every once in a while wants to use some dark illegal way to win points.
Sometimes they just know that a certain serve is effective at certain times and that their opponent will have difficulties reading it,
without thinking that this will be unethical or "bad".
WCQ and the CNT Coaches ( probably ) know about his serve stuff, but I wouldnt accuse everyone with more or less hidden serves of intentionally "breaking the law" in that sense.

Jan 2018
Even LYJ himself doesn't have clean serves, he has some funny free arm action to it, and he brings out the shovel serve when he's in trouble like (you know how) on the other side of the strait.
Everyone pushes it, but far TOO many players have complained about WCQ.

Jan 2018
MS R16
Boll 3-1 LSD (-7, -8, 5, -10)

As predicted by some Tieba users, Boll toyed with 小小胖.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
WCQ is Truls his Kryptonite.
I still think that Truls is overrated and that his playstyle and his ability to play his playstyle so well makes him win so many games,
especially against non-Chinese and mostly non-Asian players.

He can deny 3rd Ball Attacks quite well from most non-Chinese players by keeping the receives relatively short and low, compared to others.
He has good Topspin Serves where many people are too afraid to attack them or are unable to deny his 3rd Ball Attack and it ends up giving him free points.
He can anticipate and counter block/punch which many people are not trained well against.
Just to name a few things.

Imo, He has gotten almost the maximum out of his playstyle.
It shows how good and effective it can be, but it also shows its big downside.
Against the chinese players and their solid and effective playstyle, it has no merit and he always looks like he has no chance.
They just beat him up and dont get challenged or need to step it up.

Yes, Truls beats most Europeans and a lot of Asians and thats it.
Players like Ovtcharov, Dang, Harimoto, LYJ, Felix etc. are much bigger threats to the CNT and are more serious contenders for the bigger titles than Truls is.
European and WTT Tournaments without the CNT and some other big names, sure Truls is strong.
But not much more than that.

I am not hating on Truls or saying that he is a bad player.
Simply saying that he and his playstyle are not suitable to challenge anything at the very top level and that continuing to "train harder" in that sense wont get him much further than he currently is.

All copyrights are due under my humble opinion, open for discussion.
Completely disagree, I have seen enough technical improvements from Truls that he would give WCQ trouble in a fair fight. He is now playing good backhand topspin for example but it makes little difference if you are unable to see the serve of a player with killer forehand.

Last edited:
Reactions: Choosikick
Feb 2023
The umpires are just a small symptom of the illness,
The root cause is at WTT and ITTF.
They dont want to make the sport better for the pro players, amateurs, semi pros, spectators or any normal human being.
All they want is the money from sponsors and ticket sales form 50 tournaments a month.
They try to save as much as possible and spend as little as possible.
Probably also corrupt.

What we end up with is the current state of pro table tennis.
Terrible and always changing camera angles, BO5s at big tournaments,
way too many tournaments with variation of importance, techincal issues, streaming rights,
umpire controversies, prize money, ranking points, ... .

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Everyone pushes it, but far TOO many players have complained about WCQ.
Partly because he has taken it to a level where the quality of the serve is almost impossible to read from the bounce and the third ball is so strong if you go long that it doesn't matter if you keep the ball onnthe table. Against his quality of third ball, the ability to read the ball and give a quality return is much more important. But Ma Long has been getting away with such crap for years so....