Yinhe QC issues or unlucky sheet?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Behold, my Yinhe Moon Speed (soft) after 2 months of playing.
WhatsApp Image 2023-07-15 at 01.22.51 (1).jpeg

It is basically a 70% antispin rubber now, with all the white areas having no grip whatsoever.
Even when I only got it, the left side was slightly oxidized/worn, but still grippy. A month and a half later, it looks like this.

Big Dipper (39d) also seems to be suffering from premature oxidation/wear, but not nearly as much. It seems like the area that is the most worn is actually the area I use mostly for serves, which is quite surprising to me. The rest of the sheet looks great, although 2 months in it is noticeably less grippy.
WhatsApp Image 2023-07-15 at 01.22.51.jpeg

This is all with daily care and careful cleaning with a wet sponge+covering after every session, 6-9 hours a week.
Did anyone else experience similar problems with Yinhe's rubbers? I was under the impression that their products' quality was far superior, with all the great reviews.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
I was under the impression that their products' quality was far superior, with all the great reviews.
Not really, we are talking about a mass -produced item and the quality will vary from run to run.
Also, we are not exactly talking about an expensive top product at about 15 bucks

Reactions: BaRanchik
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
Of course. I clean it with a wet sponge, wipe away the water, wait for it to fully dry, and then cover it with non-sticky protective sheets.
tbh chinese rubber are better preserved using body sweat than water, I remembered that (at least in my country) tap water contains a small amount of chlorium that deteriorates the topsheet

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
At least with the Moon Speed, it's showing wear where the should be none like near the base of the rubber where the ball or your fingers don't (or at least shouldn't) contact. This makes me think that there's something chemical going on.

Do you use tap water? Maybe you have hard or highly mineralized water?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
tbh chinese rubber are better preserved using body sweat than water, I remembered that (at least in my country) tap water contains a small amount of chlorium that deteriorates the topsheet
I had an older guy in Vietnam tell me never to use water on my rubber recently since he said it destroyed the rubber. He probably had a bad experience with tap water there too.

I use distilled water (nước cất) and it keeps my topsheets in great condition.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I heard of never using water many times too.
or never use damp damp sponge/clothes.

for ESN rubbers, I have even witness water bubble forming in the top sheet - where water went into the topsheet, causing a "human like" pimple.
once dried (it too around 2 to 3 days), the pimple will disappear.

Water does have chemical.

I either use rubber cleaner spray or my shirt (that is full of sweat), as evidence shows below:

354532651_2423818764447998_1366718031583436364_n.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
I had an older guy in Vietnam tell me never to use water on my rubber recently since he said it destroyed the rubber. He probably had a bad experience with tap water there too.

I use distilled water (nước cất) and it keeps my topsheets in great condition.
I normally put tap water on my sponge, wring it then use it on my rubber alongside a bottle of cleaner. This method doesn't damage the topsheet as much

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
tap water contains a small amount of chlorium that deteriorates the topsheet
this is of course true but we only have the water on the rubber for a few seconds then we dry it and cover it with the plastic. I think the worst we can do is to cover the wet rubber with the plastic,

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
At least with the Moon Speed, it's showing wear where the should be none like near the base of the rubber where the ball or your fingers don't (or at least shouldn't) contact. This makes me think that there's something chemical going on.

Do you use tap water? Maybe you have hard or highly mineralized water?

The water is indeed harder than neutral, with a pH level of ~7.6, but I find it hard to believe such a small difference would destroy a rubber like that. I have been using the same tap water for over a year, and it's only these two rubbers that seem to suffer, with the Moon Speed becoming pretty much useless in a very very short amount of time.

I guess I will try to either use my sweat or a rubber cleaner for my next sheets, and see if they are better.

Reactions: turbozed
No way, it’s probably a sub par rubber where a small amount of moisture has leaked and resolved the glue. ESN rubbers do not have this problem.

It may also have something to do with boosting.

I have had the top layer of a blade come off but never the the rubber…

Cheers
K-zr

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
The water is indeed harder than neutral, with a pH level of ~7.6, but I find it hard to believe such a small difference would destroy a rubber like that. I have been using the same tap water for over a year, and it's only these two rubbers that seem to suffer, with the Moon Speed becoming pretty much useless in a very very short amount of time.

I guess I will try to either use my sweat or a rubber cleaner for my next sheets, and see if they are better.
i feel it was too wet and the water penetrated into the topsheet