Hurricane 3 neo (health issue)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
I have recently been playing with this rubber on backhand but the factory tuned booster smell is giving me stomach ache and sore throat - so will have to replace.

Does anyone know if boosters like Seamoon etc have the same substance in them as the neo? Would like to find a healthier one. Thanks.

says https://www.facebook.com/eduardo.eduard.33/videos/vb.1000...
Apr 2015
Read 2 reviews
Most of chinese rubbers have a fishy smell I think. What I usually do is to air the rubber 1/2 days before using it. It still smells, but the smell gets weaker with continuous using! ;)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Never heard of anyone that plays with china rubber on the backhand. Is not sponge to hard and the rubber to slow? Easier to use it on the forehand where it is easier to generate power from body. but hey if it works for you, then go for it! Do not know what to do about the smell, hybrid rubber may be a good alternative.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Thanks for all the comments so far.The hybrid rubber and booster alternatives might be worth trying.

Lula, I know one pro who uses Hurricane 3 37 degrees on backhand - he's quite a good player...he's called Ma Long! If it's good enough for him...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Thanks for all the comments so far.The hybrid rubber and booster alternatives might be worth trying.

Lula, I know one pro who uses Hurricane 3 37 degrees on backhand - he's quite a good player...he's called Ma Long! If it's good enough for him...

Haha, okay! Did not know that :) Do you like it on backhand? if we forget the smell.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017

Ma Long uses T05 on backhand, and pro rubbers are fundamentally different. They’re even produced separately.

I think you would do a disservice to your progress if you use such a hard rubber on backhand. It really takes a lot to do most of strokes, and you need hulk-like triceps to do topspins [emoji16].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apr 2015
Read 2 reviews
Ma Long uses T05 on backhand, and pro rubbers are fundamentally different. They’re even produced separately.

I think you would do a disservice to your progress if you use such a hard rubber on backhand. It really takes a lot to do most of strokes, and you need hulk-like triceps to do topspins [emoji16].

I have to disagree with you. Ma Long Recently tried Tenergy in praticing, I don't remember when, but that was talked here on the forum. But He uses H3 NEO topsheet with a special 37º sponge

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
I recently got some Haifu Seamoon on my hand by accident while boosting a rubber and I got a pretty bad rash that lasted for some hours and then went away. Falco long is pretty much a waste of time on H3 Neo. The only thing it does is making the sponge mushy.

I’ve switched to Genesis II M which plays fairly similar to H3 but with a linear tensor feel. An extremely fun rubber to play with. The urban legend has it that it’s a DHS OEM which seems very likely to me as the sponge has got the typical DHS serial number printed with the same font.

Falco is not a waste on Hurricane 3. If it is then how come the boosted version is faster than the non boosted version of the H3 if its effect is just making the sponge soft? It may have a lesser effect compared to the stronger ones like seamon or other boosters but to say that it is a waste is absurd. Also, read between the lines. The op is asking for a hazzard free booster.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
MJB, I just ordered a Dandoy booster to try. I read it is VOC free. You are close to Dandoy so you should not have a problem buying it. If you want to stick to H3 maybe the non neo version does not smell as bad - am not sure - but I have both.