This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2020
Hi,

I'm planning to buy my first set but I find it hard on what to pick, what rubber to pair with blade, etc. So, to sum up I've come up with Donic Persson Powerplay + Fastarc G-1 (FH) and Tibhar Evolution FX-P (BH). And, Nittaku Septear Lead + Andro Rasanter R47 (FH) and Tibhar Evolution MX-P (BH). What would advise on my combination? or a better set instead, but not a high end / not that expensive. Thank you so much.

Eunnel

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Yes, very solid option. Persson Powerply is awesome and balanced, my first "real" set up and still holds a special place.

However, highly recommend starting with the same rubber on both sides.

G-1 is great. Other similar options are Donic Barracuda, Rakza 7, Tibhar Aurus (original), Joola Xplode... same family. No need to get the latest rubbers, there is less difference than subjective reviews indicate.

Don't change rubbers because you think it would make you play better. Get used to it, refresh every 6 months or so but buy the same ones. If you come across deficiencies, push through and keep practicing. At least for the first 2 years; don't let yourself fall into traps like "do i need a faster rubber", "is there something less sensitive to spin" etc. After that, and if it piques your interest, buy and try everything (we all go through that phase), but try to delay it as long as possible.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Reactions: Eunnel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2020
Read 1 reviews
Try it with the Xiom Classic Offensive S. The wood is also very very balanced, controllable and still in the offensive area. The wood is also very cheap.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2020
What is your current playstyle and level ? What characteristics are you looking for from your equipment ?

I play often close to mid-range from the table. The characteristics would be fast, or powerful shots. Since I like to play more aggressive.

Edit: to answer on my level, I guess I'm an intermediate player I've playing for 2 years with premade bat and rubber if I remember correctly I used butterfly addoy I just forgot what type of addoy. Then I stop playing for 2-3 years then return again. After I come back I used my premad bat and rubber for 2 months then used a customize one up to now. My rubber is 2.0mm thick to be honest I don't know what it is I just went to table tennis store and bought some rubber with 2.0mm thickness and the a some blade. They say that the equipment I used is kind of heavy, but I don't know that since I'm used to it. Been using this for more than a year.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2020
Yes, very solid option. Persson Powerply is awesome and balanced, my first "real" set up and still holds a special place.

However, highly recommend starting with the same rubber on both sides.

G-1 is great. Other similar options are Donic Barracuda, Rakza 7, Tibhar Aurus (original), Joola Xplode... same family. No need to get the latest rubbers, there is less difference than subjective reviews indicate.

Don't change rubbers because you think it would make you play better. Get used to it, refresh every 6 months or so but buy the same ones. If you come across deficiencies, push through and keep practicing. At least for the first 2 years; don't let yourself fall into traps like "do i need a faster rubber", "is there something less sensitive to spin" etc. After that, and if it piques your interest, buy and try everything (we all go through that phase), but try to delay it as long as possible.

Cheers!

Thank you for the advice. The reason I want to use different rubber is I want to know what is the feeling of different rubber since one of the page I have read says that forehand and backhand plays differently. Will do your recommendations. Thanks.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2013
I play often close to mid-range from the table. The characteristics would be fast, or powerful shots. Since I like to play more aggressive.

Edit: to answer on my level, I guess I'm an intermediate player I've playing for 2 years with premade bat and rubber if I remember correctly I used butterfly addoy I just forgot what type of addoy. Then I stop playing for 2-3 years then return again. After I come back I used my premad bat and rubber for 2 months then used a customize one up to now. My rubber is 2.0mm thick to be honest I don't know what it is I just went to table tennis store and bought some rubber with 2.0mm thickness and the a some blade. They say that the equipment I used is kind of heavy, but I don't know that since I'm used to it. Been using this for more than a year.

If I understand, you are not playing in leagues and not practicing regularly these last years ?
Then you should try an offensive allwood blade : Xiom Offensive, Stiga Classic Offensive, Butterfly Primorac/Korbel, Nittaku Accoustic/Violin
For rubbers you can try any ESN type rubbers, you can't go wrong with these rubbers. Just for the forehand, if you have a solid technique and can generate your own speed with your body, you can try a Chinese type rubber (sticky topsheet and hard sponge such as Hurricane, Haifu etc...), it will be more difficult but more rewarding !

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2020
If I understand, you are not playing in leagues and not practicing regularly these last years ?
Then you should try an offensive allwood blade : Xiom Offensive, Stiga Classic Offensive, Butterfly Primorac/Korbel, Nittaku Accoustic/Violin
For rubbers you can try any ESN type rubbers, you can't go wrong with these rubbers. Just for the forehand, if you have a solid technique and can generate your own speed with your body, you can try a Chinese type rubber (sticky topsheet and hard sponge such as Hurricane, Haifu etc...), it will be more difficult but more rewarding !

Thank you very much. Yes, I'm not yet joining any league now, I just join one district tournament this January with just less than 15 players overall since my town is kind of small. I do play everyday after I come back from the hiatus, more like every night 2 -3 hours and on weekends(whole day) cause I really enjoy it. But now in time of crisis I can't play anymore since the table I am using is with a friend and cannot go out to play since it's not allowed. But this year I'll be joining my schools team, will start to join leagues now if ever. That's why I am looking now to have a more competitive blade and rubber.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019
My rubber is 2.0mm thick to be honest I don't know what it is I just went to table tennis store and bought some rubber with 2.0mm thickness and the a some blade. They say that the equipment I used is kind of heavy, but I don't know that since I'm used to it. Been using this for more than a year.

Wait what? You have gone to the store and just bought some random blade and rubbers? I could never do that, I have rescearched for 3 months what blade and rubbers should I buy. Two diffrent kind of people I guess.

About the subject, could you maybe say what blade and rubbers are those and how long have you been playing with them? That information would help a lot.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2020
Wait what? You have gone to the store and just bought some random blade and rubbers? I could never do that, I have rescearched for 3 months what blade and rubbers should I buy. Two diffrent kind of people I guess.

About the subject, could you maybe say what blade and rubbers are those and how long have you been playing with them? That information would help a lot.

I told the owner I only have around 25 USD at that time. So he gave me some cheap blade and rubber, but maybe you can can call some random blade and rubber.

For the subject, I'm still not using them, what I'm currently using is still my random blade and rubber. I currently looking to change what I'm using now. And blade and rubber I mention in subject, is the one I think is good but somehow need some advise on people with more knowledge. Thank you.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Oct 2016
Read 5 reviews
bro, chill out
Palio Energy 03 + palio blue ak47 and it will be OK but I don't know if you use Ali...
If you want pay more Donic Waldner diablo senso, Donic Waldner ALLplay, Donic Waldner Senso V2 is ok and dont worry I am not big Donic fan.
I dont know nothing about shop that you can buy your equipment, so I can't find good ratio for you
Ratio = money/quality/performance+durability ratio.
I am from Poland, I can buy from different places , so I can choose brands whateve I like but I consider my equipment as investment.
Good investment is lever for your development and you can buy whatever you want but money always be the most important thing so
I dont listen information from guy who dont ask me about my budget.
G1 is very durable
FXP is good rubber but after 2 months....
R47 after 1 month looks like fastarc g1 after one year
MXP is good rubber but topsheet is dead after 2-3 months

and of course you can buy the same 2 rubbers and have different quality...

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2020
bro, chill out
Palio Energy 03 + palio blue ak47 and it will be OK but I don't know if you use Ali...
If you want pay more Donic Waldner diablo senso, Donic Waldner ALLplay, Donic Waldner Senso V2 is ok and dont worry I am not big Donic fan.
I dont know nothing about shop that you can buy your equipment, so I can't find good ratio for you
Ratio = money/quality/performance+durability ratio.
I am from Poland, I can buy from different places , so I can choose brands whateve I like but I consider my equipment as investment.
Good investment is lever for your development and you can buy whatever you want but money always be the most important thing so
I dont listen information from guy who dont ask me about my budget.
G1 is very durable
FXP is good rubber but after 2 months....
R47 after 1 month looks like fastarc g1 after one year
MXP is good rubber but topsheet is dead after 2-3 months

and of course you can buy the same 2 rubbers and have different quality...

Hello thanks for the help and with that information about rubber durability really appreciate it. I'm planning to buy to online shop that can ship worldwide like tabletennis11 since their reputation is kind of good. My budget is around 150 USD - 160 USD considering that shipping fee is free or not much.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2020
Donic PPP is a fine middle of the road blade, slap on whatever class of rubbers suits you in the sponge hardness that is for you... and you will be set for a while.

Thank you for that information. Especially now I'm having a hard time researching, since I cannot go outside and check some on physical shop/store.