DHS Hurricane 3 National genuine???

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2014
Hi folks,

I just stumbled upon my favourite TT shop and saw that they sell Hurricane 3 National Vers.

But is it really genuine??? I asked him and he told me that he received it from his Reseller in China, who he ordered several things for a long time.

The shop:
http://www.errateam.ch/product_info.php?info=p1341_dhs-hurricane-3-national.html

It's in swiss Francs it would be 87.60 $

I think that's rather cheap for a genuine rubber right?

thx for your help.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Read 7 reviews
thx for your reply, how can you tell?

You can check the photos of the following taobao website. This is the most famous fake of all. 40 Chinse Yuan each. About USD7.
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.14.du1Hel&id=17280314117&ns=1&abbucket=15#detail

There are also loads of other fake rubbers and blades so you can have an idea what needs special attention. I see the new addition of T80. Same price for all. Big money for fake sellers who charge genuine price in oversea market.

Last edited:
Reactions: MegaZZ and Giangt
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2012
Read 3 reviews
You can check the photos of the following taobao website. This is the most famous fake of all. 40 Chinse Yuan each. About USD7.
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.14.du1Hel&id=17280314117&ns=1&abbucket=15#detail

There are also loads of other fake rubbers and blades so you can have an idea what needs special attention. I see the new addition of T80. Same price for all. Big money for fake sellers who charge genuine price in oversea market.

After looking at the above taobaosite, I would most definitely concur with you that it's a fake. I wonder if the "errateam" web shop even realises this...it's pretty tricky, especially if you don't know any chinese and have nothing to compare to. Good find TurboZ!

This user has no status.
LOL THAT STAMPING ON THE SPONGE.
These people arent even trying lmao.
A real one will have the normal stampings thats the same on a commercial version, with some different details:
A line of code on the bottom of the sponge
Another line of code above that line thats not on the commercial version
Hardness AND thickness on the top, with a chinese character of "Nation" on it
Has it's top corners cut off.

The codes are all machine stamped with proper ink. Not that hand stamp you saw on that pic.
Also it wont say "Supplied to the national team"
Also there wont be a signature on it.

I can take a photo of a already cut piece of it if any of you wants it.
Also, the easiest way of telling a real one from a good fake is the tiny DHS engraving on the 2 lines below the ITTF serial and the name. They should be pitch perfect if theyre real. Kind of messed up/even smaller/big/floating engrave all means the rubber is fake.

Last edited: