Boosting H3 NEO National

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
backhand this year i use bryce speed fx ... maybe i will ask my club for try rozenna

Apparently, and this is literally based off things I have read on this forum and this forum alone; the Rozenna is quite soft! Don't send the good squad on me but I expected the response to the Rozenna rubbers (which I had my eye on last year) to be more 'Hype' than it actually was but if you do put it on your BH I would really like to know how it plays so if you could post a review, even a short and concise one, that would be really helpful! In terms of blade, what are you currently using?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
i get 1 w968 from 1 friend in national team :)

Have you ever played with a Long V? I am very aware of the theoretical differences between the blades in terms of size and weight as well as the way in which they are produced and the Quality Control on the W968 but I would love to hear first hand if there is a significant difference between a $175 blade vs a $500 blade (I can't find one for cheaper than that but if that price is incorrect then please correct it, as I don't really know the average retail).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2011
yes my friend in my club have long V with h3 then i can see difference .... w968 is more power more fast, more good feeling .. i feel ball better ... and too big difference is with w968 large sweet pot.... :)

and i will say sometheing here i say for all my friend ..... is just MY think ... but : for me ... is better buy blade 500$ u can use 3 years and play with h3 prov ....

than play with long 5 175$ and play with h3 national ;)

7 or 8 years ago 1 chinese ( was national team ) was in my club and he uses rubber h3 prov ... i ask him u dont play with national... and he says u know prov is already so good for me for play in france ... blade is more important and for rubber like h3 more important is oil ... ifu have good oil and u good glued .. this is already so good ....

same for 1 girl play in my club she was very very very strong too ( she was 8 french ranking ... ) she only use h3 prov too :)

Last edited:
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
yes my friend in my club have long V with h3 then i can see difference .... w968 is more power more fast, more good feeling .. i feel ball better ... and too big difference is with w968 large sweet pot.... :)
Since they have reduced the dimensions of the blade and increased the Quality Control, apparently the Long V has gotten a bit better but it's very interesting to hear the differences firsthand! I would like to play with one myself at some point (Highly unlikely given I am in the UK) as my personal view is that the difference simply can't warrant the price (but this can be proven by actually playing with one and feeling the difference, which I have not done yet :'( ) *unless* your skill level (which in this case is considerably higher than mine) warrants it as the "skill-cap" so-to-speak, is enormous given that the W968 is a professional grade blade!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016

and i will say sometheing here i say for all my friend ..... is just MY think ... but : for me ... is better buy blade 500$ u can use 3 years and play with h3 prov ....

than play with long 5 175$ and play with h3 national ;)

7 or 8 years ago 1 chinese ( was national team ) was in my club and he uses rubber h3 prov ... i ask him u dont play with national... and he says u know prov is already so good for me for play in france ... blade is more important and for rubber like h3 more important is oil ... ifu have good oil and u good glued .. this is already so good ....

same for 1 girl play in my club she was very very very strong too ( she was 8 french ranking ... ) she only use h3 prov too :)

I would also be very very interested in knowing whether or not, at the provincial level in China, the Long V is used (NOT the w968) as I imagine it's quite hard to get a hold of one in China and so, I assume that a lot of provincial players would use the Long 5 but if there's someone to confirm or deny this it's either Chen Chen, Giangt or you! Perhaps everyone uses a Viscaria unless they can get a W968 but the Long V is certainly on the level of Butterfly in terms of performance (but not QC or finish, and that is most certainly a fact).

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Good info by panany. The way the pros often choose blades is by having the company give them many. And them choosing the ones that feel the best for main and backup blades.

A few more pieces of info:

1) larger head gives more pace and better feel but the downside is the heavier head, especially with the added amount of rubber.

2) beware of the EJ virus. [emoji2]

I think the EJ virus has much more to do with what is leading this thread in random directions than anything else. [emoji2]

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

This user has no status.
Me I do : 1 layer white glue ( but need big white glue like nittaku ) and 3 or 4 layer haifu , and 1 very little layer white glue ... and is good...

I play with h3 neo orange too ( I can't play with blue because if blue , after 2 week rubber dead because bubble on top sheet )

Thank you for sharing information and videos of you playing. You're very good.

I currently use Hurricane 3 Neo 39 degrees provincial (orange sponge) and want to boost it. I have played H3 for a long time but only now am thinking about boosting. On an earlier post I saw SFF_lib say only put one layer when boosting 39 degrees for fear of it getting too soft. I was wondering what your thoughts were on this as well as anyone else who has this kind of experience. Reason I ask is because 2-3 layers is recommended so is one even worthwhile?

I only play at a club level so I don't play at a very high level or need it to be super fast, I just want the rubber to be livelier. The blade I use is Carbonado 145.

I'm also wondering what glue I should be using when boosting? I have Nittaku Finezip (thick) and Haifu Water Solubility Bond (thin). The booster I plan to use is Falco Temp Long.

Thanks!

says Thank you for your all interest. Please email me at...
Oct 2015
I don't think so, I am pretty confident that I am boosting it correctly and I am very careful with where I put the booster towards the edge of the rubber but then again, i doubt you have ever used Falco long Term booster on a National blue sponge so you might not have encountered the same problem I have. It's still a great rubber though!

Unfortunately I have used the falco before and a couple of time I even mixed falco with haifu oil together at the early time. I haven't tried the kailin oil yet. I guess all the booster are the same, the key point is the glue. How many layers of glue do you put between rubber and blade on FH? Which brand? May I ask? Chinese sponge is different from the western one. Western rubbers - you only need to put two layers between rubber and blade. You can imagine if you brush or hit something on hard surface, it will have higher chance to get broken than the softer one. By the way, the hardest orange sponge is 40 degree and some blue sponge with player's name stamp is 42.5 degree. Blue sponge is harder than orange one at the same degree and less flexible. Plus you already made the sponge expand after you put the oil on. Hope you can get what I am trying to say.

Last edited:
Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
OMG hurricane 3 NEO with haifu seamoon is simple the best thing I've ever used.

I've try my friend bat and it was amazing. How could be that good?

It was faster than my mx-p but have more control, it's easy to do spinny loops, or fast loops or anything it's just unbelievable.

Sent from my 2014819 using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews

It was faster than my mx-p but have more control, it's easy to do spinny loops, or fast loops or anything it's just unbelievable.

A H3 properly boosted plays like dream. Equal to if not better than Tenergy. You can go slow spinny or fast and powerful.

Any shot and serve is possible with H3. That's why it's been in the market for at least 13yrs.

Passionate about TT

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Okay. I think I am going to talk about the reason for bubbles and what is actually happening. :) Hopefully this helps you guys understand why there are a couple of factors that can cause bubbling. And how a higher level player may get more bubbling than a lower level player. And also how, boosting can effect bubbling.

So, when they make a sheet of rubber like, say, H3, MXP or any other rubber, the topsheet has to be glued onto the sponge. That is how the topsheet is attached to the sponge. The glue they use to attach the topsheet to the sponge is important. It is similar to the glues we use to attach the sponge to the racket. The factory may use VOC glues to attach the topsheet to the sponge, but it is still a similar kind of glue with a similar kind of bonding. Which also means similar solvents will work on this glue if you wanted to separate the topsheet from the sponge.

Now before we go into boosters, we can talk about bubbles without the need of talking about boosters. One of two things can happen when you get a bubble. If you hit the ball so hard that you break a pimple, or a couple of pimples, you will get a bubble. If you hit the ball so hard that you separate a pimple from the sponge, you will also get a bubble.

A high level player like panany could get bubbles just from how hard he swing on his opening loop. Look at how much spin and arc he gets on some of those opening loops. He is a decently high level player who plays with a lot of impact. If you add the booster into the equation, I imagine that it is quite easy for him to get bubbles or maybe quite hard for him to not get bubbles.

Also, since he is playing at quite a high level, his experience with bubbles may be different than other players who do not get as much force into their impact. So, some of the discussion may be like people talking about two different things and thinking they are talking about the same thing. :)

Now, lets add details about these boosters. The oils in the boosters all would function well as solvents for the glues we use to glue our rubber to our blade. If you ever felt you were having trouble getting your rubber off of your blade you could put some of that booster (whichever kind) or even mineral oil, onto the area of the sponge that was sticking and, if you waited a few minutes for the oil to sink in, it would soften the glue and help undo the bond.

If you wanted to separate the topsheet from a sponge, applying the booster to the area where the pimples attach to the sponge, and were patient, you would be able to remove the topsheet from the sponge by softening the bonds that attach each separate pimple to the sponge.

When you boost you add the booster oil to the sponge side. But, like a household sponge, the sponge on your rubber will absorb certain things. If you took a household sponge and put it on top of a small spill of water, it would absorb the water. The porous nature of a sponge is designed to do that. If you used the sponge on some oil, it would take longer, but it would absorb it too. With water or oil, that household sponge would expand. With the sponge on your rubber, water or oil will cause it to expand too. Only, water would not give you good playing characteristics because the water would fill the bubbles and it would also damage the wood. But you can test it on an old piece of rubber. If you spread water on the sponge, it will sink in and the sponge will expand. Then when the water evaporated, the sponge would return to its original size.

So, you put the booster on the sponge, and the oil sinks into the sponge and that causes the sponge to expand. Now some booster will get to the side of the sponge where the pimples are. So the glue bond between the pimple and sponge will be a little weaker for a time. If as the oil evaporates, the bond strengthens enough, you may not get bubbles. If you don't use quite as much booster, you may not get as much bubbles. If there is a little glue on the sponge to absorb some of the booster and make the booster take a little longer to get to the sponge, it may make it less likely for you to get bubbles. But if you use a lot of booster and you have good technique and brush hard with deep impact, that will make it much more likely that you separate pimples from sponge and end up with bubbles. Whereas, if you hit hard, but your contact is less tangential and more direct, that will not put as much stress on the bond between the pimples and the sponge.

So, lower level technique will be less likely to cause bubbles than the technique of a higher level player.

However, as far as I am concerned, a process that takes a whole week, like boosting, before you can put your rubber onto your racket is too fussy for me. So I stopped using H3 years ago and use whatever tensor or tenergy like rubber is on my racket at the moment. :)

Anyway, I hope this information helps you guys understand why a guy like panany has such a different experience with Blue Sponge Bubbling than most of the forum members.

Now I am going to go back and watch few more of panany's opening loops because they are a thing of beauty. :)

Though i would agree on some of your points, i don't agree on all.

I'm not saying that I'm better than him, but I know a few players that can rip the ball as hard if not harder than him and after having checked back none of them has said so.

In fact, yeah, it can get bubbles, but not as soon, as often and as much as Nicolas said. He's either being exaggerating and not meaning it literally, or if it is really true he's using way too much booster.

A H3 properly boosted plays like dream. Equal to if not better than Tenergy. You can go slow spinny or fast and powerful.

Any shot and serve is possible with H3. That's why it's been in the market for at least 13yrs.

Passionate about TT

Han Ying even uses hers mostly for chopping.
[Emoji15]

Last edited:
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
Oct 2015

Maybe tacky top sheet + boosted sponge are the future of TABLE TENNIS. Enough power with great control.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Maybe tacky top sheet + boosted sponge are the future of TABLE TENNIS. Enough power with great control.

Still... not many non-asian players use tacky rubbers, too much effort to learn and play with them. I am glad that I stick to them initially and force myself to learn the proper techniques and it pays off now.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews
Still... not many non-asian players use tacky rubbers

It's because of the coaches. In Europe the coaches give euro-style rubbers for the kids. They haven't trained with tacky rubbers, so they don't teach using it (it makes sense though). I've heard multiple times, that chinese-style rubbers need more power and european players don't have enough power! The same for multiball: you can see that in chinese multiball videos the players go through 30-50 ball before stopping. An instructor on a coaches' vocational training said that 'you can't do that with european players.'
Endurance training should be taken more seriously. Kids might do physical training at home just like school homework.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Yesterday when I tested h3neo boosted with less effort was generating more speed and spin different to the general concept that requires a large stroke and more power. Include when I was late it was easier to put the ball on the table. It as definitely faster compared to my racket.

I'm using BO2 with mx-p, h3 neo was in ovctharov true carbon.