Who do you think will win the World Tour Grand Finals?

• Dimitrij Ovtcharov

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • Timo Boll

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • Fan Zhendong

Votes: 36 48.6%
  • Lin Gaoyuan

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Xu Xin

Votes: 12 16.2%
  • Tomokazu Harimoto

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Simon Gauzy

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Vladimir Samsonov

• Kenta Matsudaira

• Other (Post Below)

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews
He is throwing the ball somewhat into his racket which allows him to put more spin in the ball. While it is pretty extreme there LGY and nearly every other player does that as well when serving the standard FH serve. Ball starts between BH corner and middle of the table and falls down at the BH corner, that is also throwing the ball into the racket with the same benefits. Hard to decide what to allow and when to step in as referee.

The incoming ball's falling angle determines how much you throw the ball 'into your racket. You throw the ball higher, the angle will change and it's not 'throwing the ball into your racket' anymore.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Come on i didnt say such a thing .. haha .. why whatever i say every one connect it with zjk ??;) zjk has been number 1 which deserved that and its was real . But what i said about dima really wasnt about looks . I mesnt his game . I hope he get this grand final and this number 1 fits him more

Come on ping fun; I was just joking around and looking for an opportunity to post footage of Muhammad Ali saying things like: "I'm young, I'm handsome, I'm pretty, and can't possibly be beat." "I've had 120 amateur fights, 22 professional fights and I'm still pretty as a girl." "I'm so pretty I don't get hit." :) And even though he does not say all of those quotes in one shot, he says all of them. :)

I knew what you meant. Dima plays up and down and he does not always look like the top player he really is. I am pretty sure Suga D knew and was joking with you also.

The new world ranking system will have people who are not the best player as the #1. And that is okay. Because it may get the top players to show up to more tournaments.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Dima's serve still in discussion? If there is something to complain about, it is that sometimes he takes his arm away too late ( hard for the umpires to see). IMO the advantage of throwing the ball into his body is minimal due to the height of the toss.

It is not hard to notice that Dima has improved quite a bit this year. His level is high and there is no point in trying to make his wins sound like fluke. Give this guy some credit.

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Dima's serve still in discussion? If there is something to complain about, it is that sometimes he takes his arm away too late ( hard for the umpires to see). IMO the advantage of throwing the ball into his body is minimal due to the height of the toss.

I'm not saying it's a proper or improper serve, but the condition for that is whether or not it takes place within the bounds set by the rules, not whether or not it is advantageous or not. So what about these bounds?

The toss should be +16cm and "nearly vertical", and at no point while serving should the ball be hidden from view from the opponent and referees. Now the rules, afaik, do not define the angle range for "nearly vertical", so I don't think there's a firm argument to be made there; ample room for interpretation. The "not hiding" thing is also something, but that's also subject to human limitations. Lex non cogit ad impossibilia, law cannot enforce the impossible.

Perhaps this is my perverse mathematician's mind, but I think these rules are rather toothless due to the lack of rigor in the definition of the underlying notions. This makes me entirely unsurprised at seeing a somewhat haphazard and not entirely consistent implementation by referees. Leaving ambiguity, vagueness and room for interpretation will do that.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Bluntness as well as your message is appreciated :) I've never been a diplomat ;)

Rid, you have a sound mind, observe well and deserve your opinion as least as much so as anyone. Yet something in your tone makes me adverse to your message. That may be entirely on my plate, and sit squarely at my half of the conversation, so take these words with the proper number of grains of salt.

So I'll be blunt (being dutch, that is probably my curse). I like your contributions and often find merit in them but hey, a bit of style and tone goes a long way. C'est la ton qui fait and all that. You know, I'm sure.

says TTD Team vs Pongfinity OUT NOW on our YT Channel
says TTD Team vs Pongfinity OUT NOW on our YT Channel
Administrator
Oct 2010
Facebook live here

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FITTFWorld%2Fvideos%2F2021500531213273%2F&show_text=0&width=560" width="560" height="315" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>