says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Someone must've hit the .25x play speed. Sounds so funny.

Reactions: Atas Newton
says TTD Team vs Pongfinity OUT NOW on our YT Channel
Administrator
Oct 2010
Women's Team Draw

Japan vs Singapore
Korea DPR vs Chinese Taipei
Hong Kong vs Romania
USA vs China

womenteamdrawwtc2018.jpg

Administrator
Oct 2010
I Wonder what happened to france, they did not send gauzy and flore and robinot who is 76 in the ranking is their main weapon???

Gauzy announced on his Instagram page that he had to withdraw due to his back injury. I am unsure re Flore though.

Reactions: thomas.pong
says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Gauzy announced on his Instagram page that he had to withdraw due to his back injury. I am unsure re Flore though.

Flore has also been injured for several months and has not been playing with his club of Pontoise-Cergy (also Freitas' club). Both Robinot brothers are in the French squad. Yet without Gauzy, Flore & Ouaiche, France beat Sweden and are through to the Quarterfinals.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I Wonder what happened to france, they did not send gauzy and flore and robinot who is 76 in the ranking is their main weapon???

He is not their main weapon - they are fielding their best doubles team and leaving Robinot to play singles. So you can consider Lebesson their main weapon playing in the spots where he is most effective. It counts the same whether your main weapon is in doubles or singles as long as he wins. Otherwise, if they put Lebesson in two singles, there is no guarantee he will win both and they put their strongest event (doubles) at risk.

This user has no status.
Without Boll there can't be a Germany vs China final. No way other than huge luck with the draw. Other teams are too strong // German players behind Ovtcharov and Boll are too weak, put it like you want.

I am glad that Germany faces China in the next round. Like this we will still see Ovtcharov play against top Chinese players and I am looking forward to seeing that.

Reactions: thomas.pong
Jan 2018
In TV Tokyo's interview, Harimoto explained that in the match against Assar, he knew he had the upper hand, but Assar messed with his mind by putting up the "I give up, nah just kidding, gotcha" attitude in the 3rd game, a tactic common among European veterans. He added that "not only strength, but controlling the mental game is equally important."

In the match against Pitchford, Harimoto said his impatience got the better of him after dropping easy points. He wanted to get the points back quickly and lost his cool. He played too many easy shots to Pitchford's forehand, when he should've pressed on his backhand.

Coach Kurashima said Harimoto failed to adapt quickly and keep his cool in difficult times. He hoped to fix it in the main draw. As he gets more exposure in the majors, he will get better.