Upgrading my Nittaku Fastarc G1.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2024
My Nittarku Fastarc G1 is finally giving in after 8-10 months of daily use. (max both sides and blade is BTF Viscaria)

I hastily ordered the Tibhar Hybrid K3.(live overseas, takes long time to arrive). But soon after I realize this rubber wont last long which is a bummer. Im pretty sure I will like it but I got no interest in changing rubbers every 2nd month.
I would love to order the Dignics 09c as its durable and an upgrade from the G1. However the price tag just doesnt justify it. I mean 170$ plus shipping for some rubbers? The K3 was a stretch already at 70$ each. Even more now when I found out it wont last long. If I knew I would have paid the 30$ extra for 09C as economically it would be justified due to longer lifespan.

However I am already now looking at what to replace my now G1 and future K3 with in a few months.

I would just like to upgrade from G1. Without breaking the bank. (my wife will kill me haha).

I am looking at the Yasaka rubbers. are any of them better than G1?
My playing style is very all round. I play both wings same level. Im offensive player but due to injury in my arm I cant put FULL force in my shots so I like the G1 for its speed. I use a lot of spin in my game. I play close, far, everything.
09c seems to have the perfect speed, spin and control. Im just not shelling out the $ for it.
Any feedback is welcome.
btw. I just signed up for this forum. So be gentle ;)

Reactions: PakDa1988
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2023
If you are used to G1's speed, Yasaka Rakza Z will be very slow to you though it offers way much better spin capabilities. I don't think it will be suited for you as you've mentioned you can't use full force.
Hybrid rubbers (including Dignic09c) will be slower than G1 where i would suggest for you to look for the alternatives based on your priority.
I can suggest Hammond Z2 if you would like a faster and grippier rubber than G1.

One more important thing to note, i've yet to find any rubber that has a lifespan surpassing G1. There is simply no comparison with g1 with any rubbers out there when it comes to value vs durability.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020

Rakza X felt better for me on the BH. So did Vega X (which I can get at good price), both faster, grippier (perhaps a bit softer top-sheet, while similar sponge hardness (BH openings felt better in compare to G1)). Rakza 9 is even faster (too fast for me). Durability of RX and Vega X is pretty good too.

If you want it on the FH, I'd also suggest Hammond Z2 as @kevin.c did, slightly harder sponge.

Last edited:
Reactions: JJ Ng
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2024
If you are used to G1's speed, Yasaka Rakza Z will be very slow to you though it offers way much better spin capabilities. I don't think it will be suited for you as you've mentioned you can't use full force.
Hybrid rubbers (including Dignic09c) will be slower than G1 where i would suggest for you to look for the alternatives based on your priority.
I can suggest Hammond Z2 if you would like a faster and grippier rubber than G1.

One more important thing to note, i've yet to find any rubber that has a lifespan surpassing G1. There is simply no comparison with g1 with any rubbers out there when it comes to value vs durability.
I dont mind if it last less than G1 as long as it doesnt deteriorate especially fast. I think all the nitakku rubbers are pretty decent in longevity from what I read.

Hammond Z2. faster and grippier? sounds like a dream to me really. How is the control compared?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2023
I dont mind if it last less than G1 as long as it doesnt deteriorate especially fast. I think all the nitakku rubbers are pretty decent in longevity from what I read.

Hammond Z2. faster and grippier? sounds like a dream to me really. How is the control compared?
Z2, faster, gripper.. control is less as compared to G1 due to the speed but still linear. Major differences where z2 has a harder sponge, has lower arc as compared G1, way much less durability as compared to G1 as it's more prone to cracks. G1's topsheet is built like a tank ;-)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
You can try:
Stiga DNA Hybrid XH/H ( barely a hybrid, almost not tacky, very grippy), the most expensive one out of these. I found it pretty similar to G-1, not quite the same but close enough
Stiga Mantra Pro XH/H, can get it for 30-35 Euro on Aliexpress,
Loki Arthur China, 12-18 Euros

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2024
You can try:
Stiga DNA Hybrid XH/H ( barely a hybrid, almost not tacky, very grippy), the most expensive one out of these. I found it pretty similar to G-1, not quite the same but close enough
Stiga Mantra Pro XH/H, can get it for 30-35 Euro on Aliexpress,
Loki Arthur China, 12-18 Euros
Stiga never really worked for me in the past. maybe their new hybrids but too pricey.
The Loki rubber and several other chinese ones I will be trying out as a separate project while still improving my main racket setup. quite interesting how many swear by these super cheap chinese rubbers. Gotta try it out.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
Stiga never really worked for me in the past. maybe their new hybrids but too pricey.
The Loki rubber and several other chinese ones I will be trying out as a separate project while still improving my main racket setup. quite interesting how many swear by these super cheap chinese rubbers. Gotta try it out.
The Mantra Pro is made in Japan, unlike all of the other rubbers.
Just like Hammond Z2.
So it isnt an ESN rubber.

Reactions: Cadoia
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2024
My playing style is very all round. I play both wings same level. Im offensive player but due to injury in my arm I cant put FULL force in my shots so I like the G1 for its speed. I use a lot of spin in my game. I play close, far, everything.
09c seems to have the perfect speed, spin and control. Im just not shelling out the $ for it.
Any feedback is welcome.
btw. I just signed up for this forum. So be gentle ;)
If you are looking at yasaka rubbers, maybe consider Rakza XX?

Reactions: Cadoia and Tono62
May I suggest Tibhar hybrid MK. The grippiest ESN rubber I know of, Also it has very little catapult (good for short play). It is slower than G1 (I like to remember). This is my favorite FH ESN rubber...

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Rakza X felt better for me on the BH. So did Vega X (which I can get at good price), both faster, grippier (perhaps a bit softer top-sheet, while similar sponge hardness (BH openings felt better in compare to G1)). Rakza 9 is even faster (too fast for me). Durability of RX and Vega X is pretty good too.

If you want it on the FH, I'd also suggest Hammond Z2 as @kevin.c did, slightly harder sponge.
Agree with @latej

Rakza X and Rakza 7 last like forever, forever. Like G-1 and C-1 forever. They just won't die. Rakza X is definitely faster than Rakza 7. Rakza X is already too fast for me. I have not tried Rakza 9 but from all the specs from Yasaka, I believe it; Rakza 9 is probably the fastest out of them all.

I like Vega Pro and Vega X here as well. When I play with my Vega Pro, it gives out the clicking sound that Tenergy 05 gives out. Many people consider Vega Pro to be a poor man's version of Tenergy 05, MUCH cheaper and not as fast, but very good alternative to Vega Pro.

I have not tried the newer rubbers like Hammond Z, Stiga DNA hybrid, Donic BlueStorm, Joola Dynaryz etc. The older generation of ESN rubber (Rakza X, Rakza 7, Xiom Vegas Pro and Xiom Vega X) already give out plenty of power and are priced very good, I have zero desire to try the newer ones. Plus I am boycotting all rubbers above $45-$50 range at its regular price. At some point, the price to performance ratio does not make sense to me. I always order from TT11 with 30% bulk discount so the rubber I recommend here are more like $25 to $31/$33 range. And they last forever.

Tiz

This user has no status.

Tiz

This user has no status.
Jan 2023
May I suggest Tibhar hybrid MK. The grippiest ESN rubber I know of, Also it has very little catapult (good for short play). It is slower than G1 (I like to remember). This is my favorite FH ESN rubber...

Cheers
L-zr
How is it for serving? That's my biggest disappointment of the Stiga DG. I just cannot get anywhere close H3 as for spin in serves, the rest is very good.

Its an ESN rubber and all off them have similar life lengths. It is not sticky but very grippy.
You can expect somewhat shorter lifespan than G1.

High grip (and tack) comes at a cost of somewhat shorter life, but it's the same for all rubbers.

Cheers
L-zr