Evolution MX-P with Virtuoso + or V'King

says Visited my own profile, woop woop. ;)
Nov 2014
Read 6 reviews
I've been using MX-P for a couple months soon too and it's living well and is durable.
and man, the cracking sound it makes on my blade on hard shots...
It is living up to my expectations, but I am honestly eager to test the MX-S before I come to a final conclusion on which I would like to keep for my fh. As I honestly think I'l like MX-S just a tad more according MX-S vs MX-P comperances I've read. (MX-S= Slightly more spin on full strokes, which I often favour, less bouncy for short game etc.)

My bh rubber on the other hand is a harder nut. I'll have to swap my Adidas P7 (which might be slightly too hard as well :v), and I don't want the rubber to be too heavy... Bluefire Jp-03 is a good option, but it is pretty heavy and not exactly what I want back on my bh, although it's pretty good. The same with any Evolution (FX-P or EL-P in which case) rubber. (in regards to weight)
I'm sure I could live with such a rubber, but I'd prefer it to be lighter atm. (I've had issues with a Tennis elbow for a while, though it's getting better...)

What would you sugest in my situation, Carl? or Der_echte?

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Kaizoku, you and the rest of the forum already know what I am gunna say out wrist hurt and BH rubber.

On BH wing, I prefer just about any rubber that is not anti-rubber, is in OFF control class, and does not cost too much. That is why I use Nexy Elpis and before that for years XP 2008.

Since you are in Europe, you should score a sheet of Aurus Soft or Genius pretty inexpensive.

You already know what I would say to do to the handle (add weight) to make it easier to swing. Believe me, it really works, moe weight low makes it way easier to use the wrist to accelerate the bat and bring it back. On the face it makes no sense, but in real life, more weight low is way less stress on your wrist.

Also, as Phamster noted months back, when you face some higher level player who can smack the crap outta the ball at you, you need a heavier bat to handle that shot to be more stable and consistent. Priority number one is getting it back on the table. Then one can worry about stopping attack, setting up attacks, and finishing (or getting opponents' errors).

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
As for tennis elbow, no matter what bat you use, if you play full tilt, you will have a hard time healing. Bats with hollow handles do make it worse, but once you strain your tendon, it doesn't heal so fast and the smallest thing can re-injure it back to square one. Try out those Far Infared Heat wraps that heat up your soft tissue centimeters below the skin, those things work. They increase the blood flow where otherwise, there is only so much blood flow. In USA, they average $100 USD for the ones for your shoulder, never looked for the ones for elbow or ankle. Once you get the healing along to a certain point, strengthening pays off.

Reactions: sspark80
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Read 1 reviews
Also, as Phamster noted months back, when you face some higher level player who can smack the crap outta the ball at you, you need a heavier bat to handle that shot

I don't think that a heavier bat will help in that case. A helmet and and a bulletproof vest may, though.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
Nov 2014
Read 6 reviews
Kaizoku, you and the rest of the forum already know what I am gunna say out wrist hurt and BH rubber.

On BH wing, I prefer just about any rubber that is not anti-rubber, is in OFF control class, and does not cost too much. That is why I use Nexy Elpis and before that for years XP 2008.

Since you are in Europe, you should score a sheet of Aurus Soft or Genius pretty inexpensive.

You already know what I would say to do to the handle (add weight) to make it easier to swing. Believe me, it really works, moe weight low makes it way easier to use the wrist to accelerate the bat and bring it back. On the face it makes no sense, but in real life, more weight low is way less stress on your wrist.

Also, as Phamster noted months back, when you face some higher level player who can smack the crap outta the ball at you, you need a heavier bat to handle that shot to be more stable and consistent. Priority number one is getting it back on the table. Then one can worry about stopping attack, setting up attacks, and finishing (or getting opponents' errors).

Hehe, thanks for the tips. It could be I am more picky on bh rubbers than you though..
As for my elbow I'll try to play with proportion until It heals, I'm doing both strengthening exercises and massaging techniques so it's getting better.
However, Tibhar aurus soft does seem like an interesting option, it's not too heavy either, "Average" on ttdb does in fact seem promising. Reading some comperances about it also makes it seem very promising.
Regular Aurus seems to be pretty close to P7 too. So it's like a softer P7 with a Tibhar twist. (Like MX-S vs Tenzone Ultra I presume)

Regards to the handle sugestion, I have been considering that. But I would either way not do it while my elbow is bad... + + I honestly don't like the tought of cracking the handle up either. It's a pretty expensive blade.. You're probably right that it would be more stable but I kind of like the current feel my blade has.. So I'd have to think about it. Maybe I'll try it with the other backup-backup blade (the only other penhold blade I have, Yasaka Silver Line Carbon) I have first lol.

Edit: Also, regarding your second post. I usually use Tiger Balm (heat). :D and I have a couple types of compression sleeves/wraps that I can put on my arm just below the elbow area. So yeah, I read quiet a lot on tennis elbow a while after it crossed my pain line. Though should have done so earlier...
And my elbow is good enough for strengthening, I've never had a horrible elbow (like for ex. those who have issues lifting small things because elbow hurts...), just a bit too bad for playing table tennis for hours... As that is what I did a while after I got it, until I figured I had to fix it instead worsening it. Less than half an hour was usually alright as long as I did not spend that half hour doing repeating smashes lol.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Aurus Soft is a good choice. I was thinking that may be a good bet. It feels pretty nice and it is much lighter than stuff that is newer.

Also, for tennis elbow, there are some forearm stretches that are good for it. Do a google search. You can find a few. If I get a chance I will take a photo or a video of one that is more affective than most you can find on line.

I am not sure adding weight to the handle works the same or, really, is possible to the same extent with a Penhold blade. I think it may be hard to do a Der_Echte Beast Mod to a little Penhold handle.

Sent from the Oracle of Delphi by the Pythia

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
If you tried a beast mod on a Penhold racket I would try first with a Penhold Yinhe blade that is not too expensive.

But I actually wonder if they do make the handles of Penhold blades hollow the way they do with shakehand.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
The sleeves are great to help you through a rough time, but don't over-use them. I still think those Far Infared heat things are the bomb. Tiger balm is good for a minor ache, but the heat doesn't go so deep. Massage is a good thing, that stimulates blood flow.

By The way, where does Santa Claus hide hiz armies?

Nov 2014
Read 6 reviews
"Quotes everything"

Yeah, I only use the sleeves while playing table tennis or if I'm doing a repetive similar action that makes the elbow itchy.
As research shows that keeping it on while not doing the action does no good on the long run, it's only good for preventing some of the load I'd get without it.
Also, This is honestly the first time I've come across that product. (Infrared stuff) I might try it. Does this seem like a good pick?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/TherMedic-I...5549?hash=item235b0230ad:g:3KkAAOSw9mFWINA P

Seems like a good price at least.
Also I think my penhold racket has a hollow handle, though not 100% certain. But yeah, it's probably slightly more tricky.

Also, Carl, I do indeed do stretches.

https://www.tenniselbowsecretsrevea...ctive-exercises-for-tennis-elbow-of-all-time/
- massage+ stretch too, though I decided to skip the Ice part after trying it for a while... As it does not contribute to healing, at best only remove the pain for a while, which also a lot of doctor recomended things does..
I've also been more firm at taking Omega-3 the last months lol. Though it's probably minimal, it is a factor that helps.
I also tried this.. http://www.ebay.com/itm/USP-Labs-Su...3371?hash=item5d5599117b:g:gtAAAOSwpDdU56i 6 But that was on a period I didn't do strengthening techniques, which I believe should be done alongside using it. (It has houndreds, maybe thousands of positive reviews)
I've also checked around a lot more, and I bet I know more than my local doctor about it now. xD

So yeah, I think I have done enough research on lateral epicondylitis tbh, though the infrared thing was a new and interesting one, for me.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
For tennis elbow, the Theraband Flexbar is extremely helpful. Also, immediately you get tennis elbow, just aggressively massage the area hard - muscles have pulled on a tendon so if you get those muscles to relax, you will be fine.

With my arthritis, I would have no backhand if it wasn't for the above.

Nov 2014
Read 6 reviews
For tennis elbow, the Theraband Flexbar is extremely helpful. Also, immediately you get tennis elbow, just aggressively massage the area hard - muscles have pulled on a tendon so if you get those muscles to relax, you will be fine.

With my arthritis, I would have no backhand if it wasn't for the above.

Well, you saw the video? :p That's what i stick to, in terms of massage. + some extra stretches.
I've come across Theraband Flexbar, I just didn't bother to buy it... as there were other good means.
Massaging the tendon itself I have heard is not a good idea... Although some sources sugest that.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Also, Carl, I do indeed do stretches.

Let's see if this works. Try these two stretches. The first one is one that drummers use to keep from getting repetitive stress issues from drumming. The second one is a slightly different angle on a very similar stretch. With both, a key factor is that you are adding a rotation to the forearm that is hard to get without something like the sticks or the floor helping you get the arm to stay rotated.

I have seen people try to do the second one with a wall and with one arm but it somehow works much better when you do both so that you are forced to rotate and using gravity on the floor works much better than against a wall. Also, you are not pressing down very hard. Like, part of the back of your hand will probably not be on the floor. The stretch should not be too intense.

With the sticks, sometimes people try one arm at a time. That one is okay. But if you have the flexibility, both arms together works better.

Last edited:
Reactions: Suga D
Nov 2014
Read 6 reviews
Let's see if this works. Try these two stretches. The first one is one that drummers use to keep from getting repetitive stress issues from drumming. The second one is a slightly different angle on a very similar stretch. With both, a key factor is that you are adding a rotation to the forearm that is hard to get without something like the sticks or the floor helping you get the arm to stay rotated.

I have seen people try to do the second one with a wall and with one arm but it somehow works much better when you do both so that you are forced to rotate and using gravity on the floor works much better than against a wall. Also, you are not pressing down very hard. Like, part of the back of your hand will probably not be on the floor. The stretch should not be too intense.

With the sticks, sometimes people try one arm at a time. That one is okay. But if you have the flexibility, both arms together works better.

Nice, the second one I've done several times, just... with the left hand holding the right hand. Not like it's shown, but same muscle I'm stretching. This might be more effective for all I know.
The first video I can't see though...

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
http://www.ebay.com/itm/TherMedic-I...725549?hash=item235b0230ad:g:3KkAAOSw9mFWINAP

Yes, this is the kind of product. Problem is, the AC to DC converter that comes with it will be for 110 Volts US electricity. If you happen to have lot of 220 Volt power supplies laying around you place, no problem, the connection is a common size.

You will however, have to sit down next to an electrical outlet, so a good time to be on the forum or read a book.

This link from ebay is for the one with 4 each AA size batteries which could be easier for you as you can wear it for 30 minutes while you get to the TT center and wait for your match.... and wear it back home or at home. Yeah, AA batteries wont last but maybe a week or two for 2-3 times a use a day, but the freedom is good.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Far-infrare...hash=item35cbd5b81f:m:m-XlnVZ3EHfhXrOvKhVlv6Q

If you look around enough, you will find one with a rechargeable pack.

Also magnets do a similar thing, easy to find a wrap with magnets on the cheap. I have personally used the low voltage electric far infared pad and can say it works to accelerate healing, but is no substitute for caution, common sense, and sound plan/strengthening.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Nice, the second one I've done several times, just... with the left hand holding the right hand. Not like it's shown, but same muscle I'm stretching. This might be more effective for all I know.
The first video I can't see though...

I reloaded the videos through YouTube. You may be able to see it now.

The idea with the arm being vertical and the ground and gravity helping get the arm position makes it so you can get the stretch more effectively. Also, doing both arms at the same time, since they are rotating in opposite directions makes it much more effective too.

See if you can see the drumstick one now.

You are right that they are the same stretches. But this method of doing them gets you to be able to feel the stretch in the forearm muscle much more fully and to just the right amount.

Since the discussion has gone way off-topic, I would like to ask your opinion on lower back pain in table tennis. This is something that I struggle with for last months, if I add some cycling to my week then it starts to be a pain I can't ignore.
I think it is also related to my amateur technique.
I have tried core strengthening, but this creates me another question.
When I do core exercises my muscles feel a bit fatigued for the next day. So when playing tt that day I feel like my back has to make up for it, worsening the problem.
My father suggested I should go to the orthopedic doc but I think a physiotherapist would be better choice.
I told the team coach about the problem but didn't have any ideas.
I have tried to read some articles about the problem and from those I think the fact I am 19 eliminates some cases.
The back pain disappeared when I stopped playing for one month during summer.
Also if you think I should make another topic tell me.
Looking forward for your opinion !

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
The back pain disappeared when I stopped playing for one month during summer.
Also if you think I should make another topic tell me.
Looking forward for your opinion !

Since it is sort of my thread, I guess I can hijack it. When I get a chance I will see if I can take some photos and post them. But a few questions.

After that month off, how quickly did it start bothering you again?

Do you have any ideas what actions in TT specifically bother it?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I reloaded the videos through YouTube. You may be able to see it now.

The idea with the arm being vertical and the ground and gravity helping get the arm position makes it so you can get the stretch more effectively. Also, doing both arms at the same time, since they are rotating in opposite directions makes it much more effective too.

See if you can see the drumstick one now.

You are right that they are the same stretches. But this method of doing them gets you to be able to feel the stretch in the forearm muscle much more fully and to just the right amount.
The drumstick stretch is the main thing the Theraband flexbar tries to simulate, though it does so with some muscle development as well.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl