Dec 2010
47025ffc8c93364de4ddc5f7d8c6edf626d4dcd5ad59ec698f5146b82c8404d6.jpg
No way, you'd bettter run like hell!

Reactions: Ilia Minkin
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews
Of course Xu Xin's game play is much better than Fang Bo , his third balls / return of serves are much better , and that is why Xu Xin is in the top 3 in CNT and Fang Bo is not. However, I don't agree with your comment on the forehand , Xu Xin's forehand is definitely more powerful , and when I say powerful has more spin + speed , Xu Xin has more natural power , stronger legs and body compared to Fang Bo and that is the reason he can generate more power and that is the reason he can afford to take the ball later and still get away with it. Its the same reason why Fang Bo tries to take everything off the bounce, in order to use the opponent's power and take time off , and that is the reason he gets into more forehand to forehand rallies and when he does , he tries to go for broke instead of using form and timing to generate power he muscles it, if you look closely you should be able to perceive. Xu Xin's footwork is better however since he is a penholder he tries to second guess the opponent far too much , now that he is using more backhand, you can see how is get into better positions ...

I think Xu Xin uses much more sidespin, that's why his FH looks more powerful. Fang Bo tries to be closer to table, you're right, but not because the less power, just personal preference/coach order. It's my opinion, less power is yours, that's it.

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
It might turn as a disadvantage if one of the non Chinese start turning into Shrek or Hulk during the critical matches ...

Haha! What do you think of the green floor? I asked a few friends and they did not like it... i'm not sure but its taking time to get use to :)

Reactions: ttmonster
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
I don't like it , for me green is good to look at as long as its in nature , some how I feel its too strong a color to show up on videos as a background ... not sure if they did proper testing , I found the blue that they were using in the last few big tournaments in China ( WTTTC ) etc. as really nice ...
Haha! What do you think of the green floor? I asked a few friends and they did not like it... i'm not sure but its taking time to get use to :)

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
I don't like it , for me green is good to look at as long as its in nature , some how I feel its too strong a color to show up on videos as a background ... not sure if they did proper testing , I found the blue that they were using in the last few big tournaments in China ( WTTTC ) etc. as really nice ...

Yeah I agree, my fav will always be the traditional redish colour. Maybe the green floor will work well due to the Olympic theme, we will see :)

Clearly, the green floor is ZJK's kryptonite. Look at how he is playing on it.

Aha! I was just watching Zhang Jike's match vs Hao Shuai, not to sure what happened at the end? Did they finish the match on another table or?

Reactions: ttmonster
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
The finished the match and ZJK lost 4-1 I think, thats what they tried to say at the end :) , may be not so well
Yeah I agree, my fav will always be the traditional redish colour. Maybe the green floor will work well due to the Olympic theme, we will see :)

Aha! I was just watching Zhang Jike's match vs Hao Shuai, not to sure what happened at the end? Did they finish the match on another table or?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
Maybe they had no free space on camera :) To bo honest Hao is great and experienced player. He just hav big problem with his head and nerves. If he did not loose to Maze in 2005 he could be very competitive in those years. This match with ZJK is very good to watch, look at the tactic - he saw ZJK is not very fast (kind of sleeping for me) and tried to move him a lot - first ball to the BH corner then wide to the FH.

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Maybe they had no free space on camera :) To bo honest Hao is great and experienced player. He just hav big problem with his head and nerves. If he did not loose to Maze in 2005 he could be very competitive in those years. This match with ZJK is very good to watch, look at the tactic - he saw ZJK is not very fast (kind of sleeping for me) and tried to move him a lot - first ball to the BH corner then wide to the FH.

I agree, Hao was really effected by that match in 2005. He seems like a really nice, humble guy. He was pushing Zhang Jike very hard in those first 3 sets playing wide to bh and wide to fh. Good game.

Reactions: Ilia Minkin