Rubber with highest Throw Angle

This user has no status.
Hi, I'm looking for chinese rubber with a medium hard sponge which has a high throw angle. I have some rubbers in mind.
Which one of these rubbers have the highest throw angle based on your experience ?
1. DHS Hurricane 8
2. DHS Hurricane 3 Neo
3. DHS Hurricane 3 Commercial
4. DHS Hurricane 2
5. Yinhe Big Dipper
6. Sanwei Target National
7. DHS Skyline 3
8. DHS Skyline 3 Neo

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
He is asking which rubber from his list has the highest throw angle. Not whether it is high throw compared to T05.

But which of those rubbers on his list has a higher throw angle relative to the other rubbers on that list.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Reactions: Suga D and Shuki
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
I certainly can't speak to what the highest is from experience and I have not used several of the listed rubbers but the h3 neo and h3 provincial has a pretty high throw angle. Especially compared to the h8. Which as I stated above has A medium throw angle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: sanavasaraja
This user has no status.
Though it's not in the list, Three Nine Super 999t may be worth trying. I used to use it on my BH and it gave the loops a really nice (high) arc. It's a deceptively inexpensive rubber. Once you break it in, it really does work well for 4 or so months but after that, it performs like a $10 rubber. (which it is) Hopefully this is helpful and not a complete non sequitur.

Reactions: thekleifheit13

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Dang, I was hoping to find a rubber with higher throw than T05. I can't keep the ball off the netcord with that stuff. Sorry to hijack, but is t05 the highest throw rubber period, or is there something higher?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Dang, I was hoping to find a rubber with higher throw than T05. I can't keep the ball off the netcord with that stuff. Sorry to hijack, but is t05 the highest throw rubber period, or is there something higher?
Maybe it's not a equipment issue but some techniques problems.

A softer rubber will help you

Sent from my 2014819 using Tapatalk

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Probly true, but if there's equipment to fix it that's way easier.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

Maybe it's not a equipment issue but some techniques problems.

A softer rubber will help you

Probly true, but if there's equipment to fix it that's way easier.

Most definitely a technique issue and if you understand how equipment works, different equipment may help you out. But not how you are thinking.

However, this is the subject for a different thread. So, Brs, I suggest making a thread about what is going on for you. There are people who will be able to sort out what equipment will be right for helping your technique improve.

Good luck.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Reactions: Suga D and BeGo
This user has no status.
this assuming incoming topspin ball to stationary flat rubber on all rounder blade, just pick the slowest and most sensitive to incoming ball spin. :)

For every non "mythical" DHS, from the highest launch to the lowest one, assuming 10 is the most sensitive inverted rubber and 0 is the least sensitive non anti inverted rubber to incoming spin, and assuming same sponge thickness.

Data is my own subjective assessments as live spectators and "pinjem punya temen." (Borrowing from a friends)

DHS Hurricane 3 (H3) 8.5, I currently using this.
DHS G555 8.3
DHS G666 8.3
DHS G888 8.2
DHS Skyline TG3 8.2, want to own this someday
DHS PF4 8.1, tried the 2016 version, similar to my H3
DHS Skyline TG2 7.9
Nittaku DHS Hurricane 3 7.7
DHS Hurricane 2 (H2) 7.4
DHS G777 7.2
DHS Hurricane 3-50 7.2
DHS NEO Hurricane 2 7.1
DHS NEO Hurricane 3 7.0
DHS Hurricane 8 6.9
DHS Memo 2 6.9
DHS NEO Skyline 2 TG2 6.7
DHS NEO Skyline 3 TG3 6.5
DHS PF4-1 6.4
DHS Memo 6.2
DHS Memo 3 6.0
DHS Tin Arc 3 5.7
DHS TNT 5.2
DHS Gold Arc 3 4.7
DHS Dipper 3.5

I put Tenergies as comparison
Butterfly Tenergy 05 5.8
Butterfly Tenergy 05 FX 4.8
Butterfly Tenergy 80 4.4
Butterfly Tenergy 25 4.2
Butterfly Tenergy 64 4.0
Butterfly Tenergy 25 FX 4.0
Butterfly Tenergy 64 FX 3.3

Last edited:
Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.

Experiment a little with your technique before changing equipment. Try this:
Hit a few balls on the rise. Then hit a few balls at peak bounce. Then hit a few balls when the ball is dropping from peak bounce.
Assuming this is a topspin ball coming at you, the ball has greatest spin when rising and least spin when falling.

You'll notice that you hit the net cord far less when hitting on the rise. I'm not saying that that is the time to hit the ball. It's just
for you to get a better understanding of spin and timing and how that affects your ball arc.

Then there is "how" you hit the ball. That's when you submit some video of yourself here or else hire a coach.
You won't know what equipment you need until you first figure out the style of play you like most.

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Wow. That is the one problem I never expected to read about someone having. It seems so odd to me it almost makes me suspect the net! (Half jokinh).

Reactions: BeGo

jkc

says You sent me the following PM which you didn't ask for a...

jkc

says You sent me the following PM which you didn't ask for a...
Nov 2010
The original hard version of Bomb Violent had a higher throw than T05, but I think they changed the formulation some time ago.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Some people say H3 and other chinese rubber have a high throw angle while others say they have a low throw angle. Why is that?

It depends on the technique and the type of the loop. Some rubbers bottom out earlier than others and some rubbers also need more racket head speed to activate their throw.

For someone who swings at a certain speed that is medium paced, they will find T25 low throw or dead while T05 is really spinny as you can deform the pips of T05 at that speed but T25 has fatter and denser pips so is harder to deform. But for someone who swings really hard and consistently, they will find T25 throw high for the range they drive the ball within while T05 will not get the same arc at that speed of driving.

Reactions: Jabugo and BeGo
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2016
It depends on the technique and the type of the loop. Some rubbers bottom out earlier than others and some rubbers also need more racket head speed to activate their throw.

For someone who swings at a certain speed that is medium paced, they will find T25 low throw or dead while T05 is really spinny as you can deform the pips of T05 at that speed but T25 has fatter and denser pips so is harder to deform. But for someone who swings really hard and consistently, they will find T25 throw high for the range they drive the ball within while T05 will not get the same arc at that speed of driving.
So if someone swings hard and fast with a hurricane then they will find the throw higher than someone with a slower swing? Is this more the case with flat hits and drives, or with spinnier loops?