Yasaka Rakza Z and Rakza Z Extra Hard rubbers

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
Thank you Yogi for enlighting on Rakza Z very nicely. Can I try it or would it be wise and safe to use Rakza Z on Stiga Rosewood NCT VII where currently I am using Mantra S in both sides? As I need more power in forehand and if I use Rakza Z in forehand what would be the best choice of backhand rubber?

Does that “S“ in Mantra S meaN “soft”. If so, you are gonna see a big change. The Z is harder than an average ESN, 2 steps harder than a soft ESN.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019
The prices of most rubbers here are same as in the rest of Europe. Yasaka seems to be only outlier I've found. We are in the Eu so we are don't have much premium over ESN stuff. (xiom rubbers are even outstandingly cheap here, especially omegas 7 had awesome prices lately) I don't think that rakza is esn though. If I end up buying new rubbers for FH i might consider this Rakza Z. Chinese seller sold me old faulty Battle 2 prov, and is sending me next sheet to compensate, so I guess I have FH rubbers for a year or two, lolz.

I have Joola GTPS on my spare, it feels bad. I can't feel the ball as nicely as on Vega China or Jupiter 2. Even Brick unboosted Battle 2 has better feeling. Is it the same case for Rakza Z?

Rakza Z has a softish feel much alike GTPS. I guess the extra hard version might me more suitable for players who have good footwork in competition.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019
What if my footwork is garbage but I like hard rubbers?

Then just buy the extra hard version, try it and write a review:cool:
With the harder rubber one is forced to improve technique, however more points will be lost in tournaments during the process.
That's why i bought the normal 'soft' version for the upcoming season.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
I tested the Rakza Extra Hard today along with the Dignics 09c and in my opinion for a rubber that is almost twice as the RZ EH, the D09c needs more effort in producing more spin than RZ EH.

Both are certainly beyond me but just a curiosity which one is and feels harder

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
How does it compare to Rakza X?
was planning to get Z but u have stated it is more advanced players, and im not advanced myself so would X be a better alternative ? how is X different to Z

Thank you for sharing Yogi.
It has been a couple more weeks now, how does Rakza Z series stack up in terms of durability?
Mine has reduced performance by a small fraction aftee a month but it has good durability.

Reactions: virtuososiu
How does it compare to Rakza X?
was planning to get Z but u have stated it is more advanced players, and im not advanced myself so would X be a better alternative ? how is X different to Z
Because some people would be challenged by the tackiness and hard sponge of EH but if you can overcome that then go for it. Rakza X is way faster but easier to hit with.

Reactions: virtuososiu
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
Are you sure abt that? online reviews show X as being slightly slower than Z and also much softer..

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
I sparred with a player using Rakza Z. He's quite a few levels above me and can devastate me even when playing with a frozen banana and using his off-hand. I'm quite used to getting spin/speed pressure from him above my ability to cope.

He played strongly and confidently, with a very low error rate. Perhaps safer than usual. However, there were three things I found remarkable.

One, FH flicks. Usually, when I serve short backspin to his FH that's an immediate flick kill. Now, there was a high error rate.

Two, counterspinning. I'm used to high speed and insane spin incoming. What i got was high speed, but I had to compensate and open up my angle to clear the net.

Three, slow brush openups on backspin. He does these every now and then, because they're safe and so spinny that they're hard enough to deal with, even at his level. Now, however, I could easily kill them.

I would have expected differently.

Rakza z is only suitable in Yasaka Ma Lin soft carbon or I can try it in my Rosewood NCT VII as forehand rubber?
Depends on your preference but i did try it in a hard blade lately and still feel good.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews
I sparred with a player using Rakza Z. He's quite a few levels above me and can devastate me even when playing with a frozen banana and using his off-hand. I'm quite used to getting spin/speed pressure from him above my ability to cope.

He played strongly and confidently, with a very low error rate. Perhaps safer than usual. However, there were three things I found remarkable.

One, FH flicks. Usually, when I serve short backspin to his FH that's an immediate flick kill. Now, there was a high error rate.

Two, counterspinning. I'm used to high speed and insane spin incoming. What i got was high speed, but I had to compensate and open up my angle to clear the net.

Three, slow brush openups on backspin. He does these every now and then, because they're safe and so spinny that they're hard enough to deal with, even at his level. Now, however, I could easily kill them.

I would have expected differently.

How long does your sparring partner play with the Z/what has he used before?

After using the Z for around 30 hours (mainly training matches, some drills, some league matches) I too have the impression that my opponents/sparring partners can handle/attack the higher arcing and higher bouncing balls produced with the Z easier than the lower arcing ones from the H3s.

FH flick (kill): Not my strength. So usually I go for placement rather than full power.
Counter loops: Higher arc therefore the ball has to move a longer path and loses more angular momentum/spin.
Spinny openups: Higher arc/throw with higher bounce on the table so these can be easier to kill.

Coming from the H3 I'm currently undecided if I keep the Z or switch back... It's a tradeoff between more safety due to the higher arc and speed (out-of-position shots, farther away from the table) and the loss of control/effectiveness because of the speed/higher arc.
One thing that's for sure so is that the Z works better in humid conditions (better as H3 and my current BH rubber Bluestorm Z2...) and it does not need to be boosted right away. Durability also seems to be quite good at least of the topsheet (sponge seems to have lost a little bit power but that might not be a bad thing).

Reactions: Tango K
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 1 reviews
I hear a lot of comparison of Rakza Z to D09C, but honestly the resemblance isn't as much as people say. The Dignics 09C lets you grab the ball and launch it however you want, the Rakza Z has an obscure feeling with much less of that grab feeling.