DHS fans unite!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
I don't play the commercial one now, too soft for me, 40.5/41 is what I'm playing with . Always have at least 2 , one for backup.
Yes I still get my commercial ones from TT11. According to TT11's YouTube review, blue sponge seems to be better so I will get a blue sponge one of the days coming up.

Recently I tried Yinhe Big Dipper 40 degree and I did not like it at all. Hard. Feels like a brick. Not springy at all. I mean I get the ball over the net fine but I don't have the touch and the feel.

However I believe the degree is not consistent from brand to brand? Meaning even for Chinese rubber, Yinhe's 40 degree is different than DHS' 40 degree?

I have heard of a few people using H3 37 degree on their backhand including Ma Long. Maybe I will try 37 degree at some point.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2023
Yes I still get my commercial ones from TT11. According to TT11's YouTube review, blue sponge seems to be better so I will get a blue sponge one of the days coming up.

Recently I tried Yinhe Big Dipper 40 degree and I did not like it at all. Hard. Feels like a brick. Not springy at all. I mean I get the ball over the net fine but I don't have the touch and the feel.

However I believe the degree is not consistent from brand to brand? Meaning even for Chinese rubber, Yinhe's 40 degree is different than DHS' 40 degree?

I have heard of a few people using H3 37 degree on their backhand including Ma Long. Maybe I will try 37 degree at some point.
37 degree orange h 3 province is very good for back hand after boosted, if you don't mind the heavier weight.I believe you can handle the 40 degree blue sponge , cause I like you from penholder to shake hand.

Reactions: JJ Ng
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
View attachment 25756
Ok, please see the above the photo. Both rubbers got treated with two layers of Haifu National Yellow. The one the curved up in a ridiculous way is an old old H3 neo rubber. The one that curved up barely is a new sheet.

I really think the glue that comes with each sheet of new H3 neo interferes with the booster going into the sponge.

The junk on the side is the old glue that I took off the old H3 neo rubber. It took a lot of effort to get that thick layer of glue off so I can boost the rubber again.

I will see how they play tomorrow once the rubbers get attached to their respective new blades.
Chinese rubbers are rigid, it's hard to make a new one curl. Some people roll the new rubber with their hand to break their rigidness, then they curl a bit more.

That glue looks like one of the German made glues that I prefer to avoid. Imagine removing those from a Tenergy or something with cake sponge.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Chinese rubbers are rigid, it's hard to make a new one curl. Some people roll the new rubber with their hand to break their rigidness, then they curl a bit more.

That glue looks like one of the German made glues that I prefer to avoid. Imagine removing those from a Tenergy or something with cake sponge.
I am applying a third layer of Haifu National Yellow to the new H3 neo sheet. After that I am done. Three layers are either good enough or I would have to mechanically break the new sheet in anyway.

I forgot what the glue I used. There were so many layers I put on that old H3 neo sheet. Finally I got fed up and peeled all the layers off. Took me a long while!

Reactions: Zwill
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
I thought you said you know what that means?
He knows that 220 and 40 means 2.2mm thickness and 40 degrees hardness, but he doesn't know what AIAX6064 means. He is not alone as I don't know the latter one either.
Usually the letter on DHS blades mean numbers. X = 0, A = 1, B = 2 etc etc. On blades they make up a production date code. Not sure about rubbers.

Reactions: ben1229
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
He knows that 220 and 40 means 2.2mm thickness and 40 degrees hardness, but he doesn't know what AIAX6064 means. He is not alone as I don't know the latter one either.
Usually the letter on DHS blades mean numbers. X = 0, A = 1, B = 2 etc etc. On blades they make up a production date code. Not sure about rubbers.
Didn't someone say you can type in the code on DHS website to verify it is authentic? But is the code on the packaging or on the sponge?

Either way, I have only bought commerical H3 neo so it is dirt cheap. I have not felt the need to go to DHS website to find out if they are "authentic." In addition, I have only ordered from TT11 so I trust them.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2023
Didn't someone say you can type in the code on DHS website to verify it is authentic? But is the code on the packaging or on the sponge?

Either way, I have only bought commerical H3 neo so it is dirt cheap. I have not felt the need to go to DHS website to find out if they are "authentic." In addition, I have only ordered from TT11 so I trust them.
The code on package, and about the code on sponge, I searched some Chinese website said that no meaning, like the letters and the numbers just different dates and the machine row something like that.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
The code on package, and about the code on sponge, I searched some Chinese website said that no meaning, like the letters and the numbers just different dates and the machine row something like that.
thanks to Zwill to clarify my post.
I indeed know what 2.20 and 40 means 😂
as for the AIAX6064 , I also know that there is a code pretty much like he describes
that will give the months and year of manufacturing.
Somewhere in my bookmarks there is the key to this but who knows where.

The code will also tell if the rubber is just an H3 or a Neo.
And yes, the date can be important because it can tell us if we have a rubber from the
"sticky period" . This rubber for example looks brand new but cut, maybe i had it once on a blade, maybe not.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
as for the AIAX6064 , I also know that there is a code pretty much like he describes

And yes, the date can be important because it can tell us if we have a rubber from the
"sticky period" . This rubber for example looks brand new but cut, maybe i had it once on a blade, maybe not.
I am still waiting for my Hurricane Skyline 3 neo from Aliexpress. Two black sheets. I hope they are very very tacky!

Reactions: ben1229 and lodro

Yes, the code on the rubber sponge is just to indicate the manufacturing date.

You have to scratch the security code on the packaging (not on the rubber sponge) to check for authenticity on DHS website.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
You have to scratch the security code on the packaging (not on the rubber sponge) to check for authenticity on DHS website.
not the packaging actually, the little round sticker is on the inside of the packaging, stuck on top of clear plastic sheet that is protecting the playing surface.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
not the packaging actually, the little round sticker is on the inside of the packaging, stuck on top of clear plastic sheet that is protecting the playing surface.
Thanks for the feedback. When I start paying up for provincial blue sponge, I will start doing that! But I still trust TT11 though. Another thread also talks about which good shops are on Aliexpress. So I will have to compare prices when time comes.

Yes, you are correct. I cannot remember the round security sticker location but definitely not at the rubber sponge.

Reactions: lodro
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Thanks for the feedback. When I start paying up for provincial blue sponge, I will start doing that! But I still trust TT11 though. Another thread also talks about which good shops are on Aliexpress. So I will have to compare prices when time comes.
i have also bought rubbers and other things from TT11. Great shop. The prices are especially good when they give the big discount when one buys a few items together.
If I remember correctly freight is also free when one buys over 100 dollars worth

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
i have also bought rubbers and other things from TT11. Great shop. The prices are especially good when they give the big discount when one buys a few items together.
If I remember correctly freight is also free when one buys over 100 dollars worth
Agree. I almost always order enough to get 30% disount.

The problem is, currently, as it is DHS Hurricane 3 Neo Provincial 39'(blue sponge), the regular price is $66.22 and it is struck out with a line and replace with a discounted price of $59.86. Once that happens, the item is not eligible for 30% discount. $59.86 is what you pay. Not $66.22 minus 30% discount = $46.35 . That is probably why I have not tried blue sponge H3 neo yet!

I am busy trying different blades right now with different backhand ESN/butterfly rubbers. Once that is settled, I will try different forehand H3 rubbers in a few months' time I think.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews
Oh....for 10 years he has used H3 on both sides. No wonder I am not aware of his earlier days when he was using various equipment. I have always thought that Ma Long is well known for being one of very few Chinese players who use H3 on both sides. Most most Chinese players have Butterfly (or ESN) on the backhand side.

Afaik H3 both sides: Ma Long, Wang Chuqin, Liang Jingkun, Xu Xin, Chen Meng, Sun Yingsha
Butterfly on backhand: Fan Zhendong, Lin Gaoyuan (but used a non-Butterfly blade in recent tournaments), Lin Shidong
H8-80 on backhand: Cho Seungmin, Jeon Ji-Hee
And if I'm not wrong than all players using H3/H8-80 on backhand use a W968 type blade and most Bty on BH users use Viscaria type blades.
I prefer Viscaria, outer carbon blades over W968 inner carbon blades... Hmm, I'm currently using H3 37° on BH...

The DHS and Revolution and so far the Winion are great, they don't spoil at all. DHS might be the hardest to deal with out of this trio (and Winion the least possible to get) but for Chinese rubbers I find Revolution to be not that great. Revolution claims they give a boost effect after 3-4-5 layers... I don't feel it. But compared to Revolution the Winion and DHS have some boost. Or I would say Revolution absorbs energy while the other 2 doesn't as much.

When I remove the glue from a rubber Revolution is OK after a certain layers, but it doesn't stretch that much. At a "not too high" stretch point it tears. The Winion or DHS is very forgiving and I feel like with hard Chinese rubbers this forgiveness or "give" or "yield" is beneficial.

I also don't feel any boost effect when using my usual 2+1 layers or recently 2+2 layers of Revolution normal viscosity. Tears quite easily when trying to remove it. Except H8-80 sponge where glue and pieces of the sponge come off easily... Maybe they also changed composition of #3?

Argh... Now I'm in EJ mood again and want to try at least something I haven't used before/for a long time ;) Viscaria type blade with springier rubber on BH maybe DHS TG506A/PG6A or TG506X/PG6X, DHS #15, Glayzer 09C again or Skyline 3-60? Maybe go full blue with H3 BS and H9 Blue on a blue ALC blade?

Btw: https://equipment.ittf.com/#/equipment_preview/racket_coverings/3442
GoldArc 9 is on the list of authorized racket coverings and it's not Made in Germany...