From viscaria to donic

This user has no status.
Hello i am interesting to buy a donic blade. I am interesting about Donic baum esprit. I read that play similar to butterfly alc blades and is not very expensive.
But never used before donic blades.
Do you believe worth a try?
how about quality of donic blades?
I am open to suggest me others blades

Now i play with viscaria and i am very satisfied but my blade damaged by accident.

thanks

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Hello i am interesting to buy a donic blade. I am interesting about Donic baum esprit. I read that play similar to butterfly alc blades and is not very expensive.
But never used before donic blades.
Do you believe worth a try?
how about quality of donic blades?
I am open to suggest me others blades

Now i play with viscaria and i am very satisfied but my blade damaged by accident.

thanks

Try the Donic Ovtcharov True Carbon. That one is supposed to have pretty much identical playing characteristics to the Viscaria. That information comes from Baal who used Viscaria since 2007 and now uses the True Carbon as his blade of choice.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Another possibility but not from Donic is Tibhar Drinkhall blade. A bit pricier tnan True Carbon last time i checked.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
And then give it a cool name like True Carbon, and since you already market 35 blades with Dima's name on it, why not go for 36?
Thought I'd ask as you seen my post on me trying an viscaria. I use Drinkhall carbon and what I like about it is the feeling/vibration you get on contact. Do you reckon the viscaria has similar 'feeling' but with softer top veneer?? Or the Donic you use now even, I love the feeling of the drinkhall but rather would have little softer outer veneer, am I making sense? (ask the wife probably not) but I hope so.

Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
To be honest, my best estimate is these blades are all pretty much the same with minor variations because they are made of wood. If you like your current blade, dont bother buying one of these. I like the vibration feel you describe for your Drinkhall very much and it is how I would describe Viscaria, ZJK ALC, and DTC. Also they are not excessively fast (althoubh I am staring to tnink that MX-P may come close to making them too fast). The last two blades come in very good ST handles, which is only reason I tried them.

Last edited:
Reactions: scoops
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
By the way, somebldy posted photos showing clearly that the outer koto ply is thinner on DTC than Viscaria. I just dont think it matters much to how it plays, which actually is a bit surprising.