Who do you think will win the German Open 2015 - ITTF World Tour?

• Ma Long

Votes: 56 71.8%
  • Zhang Jike

Votes: 13 16.7%
  • Jun Mizutani

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Dimitrij Ovtcharov

• Timo Boll

• Marcos Freitas

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Yan An

• Vladimir Samsonov

• Koki Niwa

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post Below)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2014
Read 2 reviews
Petrissa's strokes are full of spins. Wonder what type of rubber she uses on her backhand. I thought she used to use something like short pips/anti but not sure about her current setup.
I think you confuse with her sister Amelie Solja who plays with anti.
For Petrissa, here are pictures of her racket from last year. I don't know if she has changed since:
http://www.mytischtennis.de/public/fotos/287/dm-2014---die-schlaeger-der-stars/13
http://www.mytischtennis.de/public/fotos/287/dm-2014---die-schlaeger-der-stars/14

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2014
Read 2 reviews
Ah yes. I've read in another forum that she uses Moristo SP. If she is sponsored then I see no reason not to use the Moristo. She is a very talented player.
Hi harveyaquino ! I see you're from Japan so I ask again a question I askes before in this thread. Maybe you'll have an answer.

"Once thing I don't understand is why Hayata has so few opportunities ? She is good, has the same age than Mima Ito and Miu Hiarano, she beat them in this tournament and before this year but it's the only tournament she participated this year (including Junior and Cadet Opens) and she won't be in others tournaments later this year (so far). For example, she will be the only japanese women player who participated here and who won't be in the next Spanish Open while Ito and Hirano have so much more opportunities and will participate in WTTC 2015."

This user has no status.
Hi harveyaquino ! I see you're from Japan so I ask again a question I askes before in this thread. Maybe you'll have an answer.

"Once thing I don't understand is why Hayata has so few opportunities ? She is good, has the same age than Mima Ito and Miu Hiarano, she beat them in this tournament and before this year but it's the only tournament she participated this year (including Junior and Cadet Opens) and she won't be in others tournaments later this year (so far). For example, she will be the only japanese women player who participated here and who won't be in the next Spanish Open while Ito and Hirano have so much more opportunities and will participate in WTTC 2015."

That I have no idea. Sorry. And I am not from Japan, my location is rather below that country, somewhere I don't want to reveal to internet. Sorry for causing misunderstanding.

did anybody see what blade ovtcharov used against ma long in the semifinal? it did not look like a carbon blade from donic to me.

I think it was Donic Baum Carrera Senso

awb_image912554125216.jpg

This user has no status.
I think you confuse with her sister Amelie Solja who plays with anti.
For Petrissa, here are pictures of her racket from last year. I don't know if she has changed since:
http://www.mytischtennis.de/public/fotos/287/dm-2014---die-schlaeger-der-stars/13
http://www.mytischtennis.de/public/fotos/287/dm-2014---die-schlaeger-der-stars/14

Thanks for clearing up my confusion, John18.
From the pics, she uses Joola rubbers. Remind me of Quadri Aruna whose spins are really vicious.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
To me this tournament was absolutely breathtaking!
Petrissa Solja made this her tournament by winning the U21 competition and by being runner up in the senior one!
Mima Ito was absolutely amazing, really, being 14 years old, winning the main competition, wov!
Funny thing she lost in the U21 competition in round 2 to (already discussed) Hina Hayata.
And about Samsonov, well! Beating one Chinese and leading 3:0 over Zhang!
Listen, these two I think played just 2 times. Both times Samsonov was in the lead. In the OG I think he was 3:1 up. Also lost. But not sure about the matchpoints, I know he had one this time..
In the final, well, I felt confused. Its like Zhang changed his mind over winning. When he couldnt win it 4:1, he kind of gave up. Changed playing style, slowed down his moving, he wasnt so fast anymore.. You cant win against Ma Long playing like this. Who knows what happened. But I am sure Ma Long will not be able to beat Zhang at WTTC, there Zhang will not stand back..
Its too bad Samsonov didnt beat Zhang, I think Vladi was the only one able to beat Ma Long in this tournament. Very very impressive touch and intelligent game, wov!
I hope ha can do some really serious upsets in the WTTC ;-)

Reactions: TableTennisDaily
This user has no status.
To me this tournament was absolutely breathtaking!
Petrissa Solja made this her tournament by winning the U21 competition and by being runner up in the senior one!
Mima Ito was absolutely amazing, really, being 14 years old, winning the main competition, wov!
Funny thing she lost in the U21 competition in round 2 to (already discussed) Hina Hayata.
And about Samsonov, well! Beating one Chinese and leading 3:0 over Zhang!
Listen, these two I think played just 2 times. Both times Samsonov was in the lead. In the OG I think he was 3:1 up. Also lost. But not sure about the matchpoints, I know he had one this time..
In the final, well, I felt confused. Its like Zhang changed his mind over winning. When he couldnt win it 4:1, he kind of gave up. Changed playing style, slowed down his moving, he wasnt so fast anymore.. You cant win against Ma Long playing like this. Who knows what happened. But I am sure Ma Long will not be able to beat Zhang at WTTC, there Zhang will not stand back..
Its too bad Samsonov didnt beat Zhang, I think Vladi was the only one able to beat Ma Long in this tournament. Very very impressive touch and intelligent game, wov!
I hope ha can do some really serious upsets in the WTTC ;-)

I agree with all that, logic points and the tournament was great even i couldn't watch something.

About Zhng JK, i did say it before, it is like he doesn't play serious in smaller tournaments and he only play unstoppable in big events such as WTTC or Olympics, so is he only looking for medals and big championships to prove he is the best and lose less big events? and he is 4th ranked after all, so if he will win in the next Olympics and WTTC this year and next year, will he jump to 1st rank again? I have feeling that Ma Long will be the real danger to ZJK if ML keep winning and practicing, so until Olympics next year it may be that ML is full ready and even ZJK will try hard to beat him but he might not at final games, we will see who will be in the Olympics after all, if ZJK is out then i will vote for ML to be the winner.

Samsonov is like he is trying to coming back to his glory, i wish if he can play more and focus more i can assure he can be the #1 European player over Dima, i like Samsonov play style more than Ovcth, but i know that the german player also playing offensively to win more points, he is not an easy player at all, well, at the end, they all fall behind Chinese players one way or another in finals, and i feel in those big events coming, we will not see more non Chinese players in the final.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
# Ms-Final: MA Long - ZHANG Jike [HD 1080p] [Full Match|Short Form]