Has anyone tried Hurricane 9 Pink ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
although the Moon 12 also has no tacky topsheet, but it has much better sponge, it can catapult the ball much better than H9 :p
If its true that H9 sponge is the same #80 sponge from H8-80, then I agree that its quite dead.

Im boosting a sheet of H8-80 right now with Haifu whale2 and seamoon. I quite like the grip, but its just slow. So hopefully it will be better with booster.

If its true that H9 sponge is the same #80 sponge from H8-80, then I agree that its quite dead.

Im boosting a sheet of H8-80 right now with Haifu whale2 and seamoon. I quite like the grip, but its just slow. So hopefully it will be better with booster.
H8-80 even with 1 layer of Seamoon is very good, using this rubber daily for more that 6 months.
Didn't try h9 since Table Tennis Gan said it's not good :) happy with h3 and h8-80 setup for now

says Looking for a bat that makes me faster
Jan 2023

Blue = #20 sponge = H3 blue sponge
Pink = #22 sponge = H3 orange sponge
Green = purple = #80 sponge = H8-80 red sponge

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022

Blue = #20 sponge = H3 blue sponge
Pink = #22 sponge = H3 orange sponge
Green = purple = #80 sponge = H8-80 red sponge
Oh wow. So it cant be that bad right? If it uses the same sponge as H3

Btw the #80 sponge is nowhere near as lively as i thought it would be based on dhs marketing.

says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
Jul 2014
Maybe it would worth to compare H9 blue with a ~10$ sheet of Friendship Cross blue (46), just for the sake of "science".
I have blue and green 729 Cross, I think they were both marked 44 but the green one comes with orange sponge and the blue one comes with blue sponge, I honestly can't tell the difference in the sponges, and at the end of the day they are still just regular 729. With all these new Chinese style rubbers like Arthur China, Battle 2 etc it is no difficult choice to skip these fossil rubbers

Reactions: Fnub
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
H8-80 even with 1 layer of Seamoon is very good, using this rubber daily for more that 6 months.
Didn't try h9 since Table Tennis Gan said it's not good :) happy with h3 and h8-80 setup for now
I put 1 layer of seamoon last night onto the H8-80. Put 1 more layer this morning.

Will test later tonight to see how it is. But basically it seems like it suits my bh quite well.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Well I tried the H8-80 boosted with 2 layers of seamoon. Its still not very fast, but its lively enough. Somehow, i really like this rubber. It grips the ball very well and lifts underspin very consistently. You can create enough speed when you punch through enough. The push feels good, and feels very dwelly overall.

Reactions: TT Lover and longle
Jan 2023
Well I tried the H8-80 boosted with 2 layers of seamoon. Its still not very fast, but its lively enough. Somehow, i really like this rubber. It grips the ball very well and lifts underspin very consistently. You can create enough speed when you punch through enough. The push feels good, and feels very dwelly overall.
2 layers and still not very fast...sound like it can be easily substituted by other Chinese rubbers.

Reactions: ben1229
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2023
H3 37 soft with booster is way better than h-8 80 on bh. And cheaper.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
how does boosted h8 80 compare to boosted gtx?
It's not even close. They are both quite tacky, but GTX is much faster and more catapulty, its harder and has more topend power. Both are grippy and spinny, but GTX is made to put heavy strokes into it. H8-80 is made for lighter and more compact controlled strokes.

GTX sponge has a much stronger reaction to booster.