says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
I hate you long-pimple blocker....
IMG_7311.jpeg

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
1. The ball bounce half court.
2. The ball does not come to you but instead bounce towards the opponent side.
3. You rush in and cut the ball to opponent.
4. Opponent just drive casually long to either your deep FH or BH depending on where you stand.
5. Opponent is a near 70 y/o gramps.

This user has no status.
4. Opponent just drive casually long to either your deep FH or BH depending on where you stand.
The problem lies in between step 3 and 4. If the opponent just drive casually long it means the quality of your push is too low. Something is wrong with your lunge forward footwork or your push/cut has some technical issues.

If the chop is that high as per the pic, my push/cut is gonna be angled so downwards that it becomes more like a chop smash - if they can loopkill it back I simply stand back and give them a round of applause (happened before lol).

A lot of players think that it's the problem with the 1st loop quality, but a lot is also due to the quality of the push. It needs to be angled down, deep and fast and to all sorts of nasty placements because otherwise they are gonna blast it back past you.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Gozo, it is really funny that someone like you who likes to smash has problems with long pimples. In fact, if you push, just get ready to smash the next ball, you only need to topspin if you feel that the opponent has made you move and you need to set up. Smashing topspin and no spin balls, which are what come back from the push, is a valid strategy against pips as well. The real issue is whether you can smash relatively low balls or not.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
Gozo would hate playing me.
I am a 70 Yr old LP 0X pushblocker at times.
Here I am playing against one of my practice partners. I am using my Firewall+ with Giant Dragon Talon LP 0X with H3 Neo on the FH. I like to block short at angles after backing the opponent so he must not only go side to side but forward and back.

Someone that just likes to hit will have problems because a lot of balls are returned low, so they don't bounce high enough to simply hit.

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Why feel worse losing to a blocker than to a looper? Better players are just better. There are many. If you don't like this feeling, sport is not really for you.

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
Here I am playing against one of my practice partners. I am using my Firewall+ with Giant Dragon Talon LP 0X with H3 Neo on the FH. I like to block short at angles after backing the opponent so he must not only go side to side but forward and back.

Someone that just likes to hit will have problems because a lot of balls are returned low, so they don't bounce high enough to simply hit.
6d085848-9b01-489d-82bc-30fb4aad3fa1.jpeg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
Read 8 reviews

I am intrigued by the background. 2 cyclinders of gas, computer with 2 monitors, a cage of some sort, a sign that says safety glasses required, all covered up with a ball net, then there is the table tennis table and 2 guys.

Are you the one in black shirt?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
One side long-pips and one side short-pips and they know how to twiddle. Yup! Met those kind too...
well, there is that SP/Anti national U15 player I shared before
I also played a SP with sponge and SP ox player who twiddles
wait till you play a proper chopper too!

Your drawing is incomplete! There should also be a sequel, No.5...how would you draw it? :LOL:

Why feel worse losing to a blocker than to a looper? Better players are just better. There are many. If you don't like this feeling, sport is not really for you.
Not agree, but that has been discussed here before. They are only better thanks to their material. Give them normal 2x inverted rubbers and you will more than likely play them to all corners of the table or playing area. And weze they are also always the laziest players because they haven't bothered to play with other (read like, 2 x inverted rubbers). Because they can't do it or have no training.
We used to call those players garage players....:ROFLMAO:

well, there is that SP/Anti national U15 player I shared before
I also played a SP with sponge and SP ox player who twiddles
wait till you play a proper chopper too!

Unbelievable, young player with material. No doubt his mentor must be cut from the same wood.:D

Reactions: Tony's Table Tennis
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2011
Not agree, but that has been discussed here before. They are only better thanks to their material. Give them normal 2x inverted rubbers and you will more than likely play them to all corners of the table or playing area. And weze they are also always the laziest players because they haven't bothered to play with other (read like, 2 x inverted rubbers). Because they can't do it or have no training.
We used to call those players garage players....:ROFLMAO:
Which is why it's called "old man rubber".

Reactions: lodro and Metaxa