I hate you long-pimple blocker....

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
I am intrigued by the background. 2 cyclinders of gas, computer with 2 monitors, a cage of some sort, a sign that says safety glasses required, all covered up with a ball net, then there is the table tennis table and 2 guys.

Are you the one in black shirt?
The two cylinders are hydraulic accumulators. They are like capacitors on a circuit board but instead of keeping the voltage constant, the accumulators keep the hydraulic oil pressure constant. Safety glasses are required only when the hydraulic pumps are turned on. When playing the hydraulic system is not pressurized. The net simply keeps the balls from going into the hydraulic equipment. Yes, I am the one in black playing with the long pips. I was 69 when the video was taken.

We are playing at deltamotion.com. Many think we have the best TT setup around except for the Paddle Palace that is about 25 miles away but us difficult to get to due to Portland traffic. I am across the Columbia River in Washington state.

What you see is part of the best servo hydraulic lab around the world. People have come from all over the world for training at our facility. I have also been around the world installing servo hydraulic systems.

LP players that twiddle or can hit are extremely dangerous. I can/will twiddle if the opponent gets to be too cautious with his return and send back with a fast topspin ball instead of a slow back spin ball. That takes them off guard and screws up opponents as they often don't adjust. Hitting with LP 0X is difficult but effective if you can hit with a high percentage. I don't play with LP 0X often enough to have a good chance hitting the ball with LP 0X so I only hit the "easy" ones. Most people think I play better with double inverted.

About 3 months ago I posted links to video showing how much force it takes to compress a TT ball 0.001 inches at at time. No one seemed to care.

Reactions: JeffM
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Not agree, but that has been discussed here before. They are only better thanks to their material. Give them normal 2x inverted rubbers and you will more than likely play them to all corners of the table or playing area. And weze they are also always the laziest players because they haven't bothered to play with other (read like, 2 x inverted rubbers). Because they can't do it or have no training.
We used to call those players garage players....:ROFLMAO:
very good garage player this,
beating a top junior national player twice (teams single and individual single over 2 days)
Check this point out using every possible technique with the Long Pimple in 1 point.
The consistency, control and variation is what made her win the tournament - beating 2 higher ranked national players who knows how to play her.

Gozo, it is really funny that someone like you who likes to smash has problems with long pimples. In fact, if you push, just get ready to smash the next ball, you only need to topspin if you feel that the opponent has made you move and you need to set up. Smashing topspin and no spin balls, which are what come back from the push, is a valid strategy against pips as well. The real issue is whether you can smash relatively low balls or not.
Decent choppers can chop empty balls extremely low, with the resulting bounce below the net height, so you have to lift the ball up a bit. Tricky especially when it lands closer to the net

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Decent choppers can chop empty balls extremely low, with the resulting bounce below the net height, so you have to lift the ball up a bit. Tricky especially when it lands closer to the net
Yes, good players can do anything including turn water into wine. My point though is that you can develop multiple styles to play against pips players once you accept the challenge as opposed to making it an insurmountable difficulty.

Reactions: Metaxa
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Read 1 reviews
beating a top junior national player twice (teams single and individual single over 2 days)
Check this point out using every possible technique with the Long Pimple in 1 point.
The consistency, control and variation is what made her win the tournament - beating 2 higher ranked national players who knows how to play her.

Why do they look prettier than Brokenball? ...................

er, sorry, ....what I mean is............., they play prettier than Brokenball...... :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: blahness

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
It may not be easy to play with pimples well but it's harder to play against pimples.
Sorry but this is not true and for sure not based on any personal experience. Borrow an old man's dtecs 0x one day and have someone loop strongly at you, see if you can play one out of ten back on the table. It is so fucking hard.

Reactions: Tuppe
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
haters-gonna-hate.jpg

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Korea 2009 seemed like there was a national law that all women over 40 had to play with an OFF+, an OFF FH rubber and Grass D-Techs OX LP rubber.

So... I made myself a bat with OX LP on BH and played once a week with it to get to know how they use it and think.

Made it a whole heap easier to play vs LP rubber.

This user has no status.
very good garage player this,

Wow this is some amazing play - a bit like Manika Batra in terms of style but with even more variety on the LP side - she has all the LP strokes including a lot of the offensive ones against underspin. I think Batra has a more powerful FH but that's probably an unfair comparison. Did she play any of the international junior tournaments?

This user has no status.
It may not be easy to play with pimples well but it's harder to play against pimples.
Lol ox pips is easy... I used it for like 3 sessions with my off hand and already could do a lot of stuff with it, easiest being to directly attack short serves, hardest being to chopblock loops but I could already get to like 50% accuracy by session 3 or 4. I bet I can beat quite a few beginners with my LP penhold offhand lol.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Wow this is some amazing play - a bit like Manika Batra in terms of style but with even more variety on the LP side - she has all the LP strokes including a lot of the offensive ones against underspin. I think Batra has a more powerful FH but that's probably an unfair comparison. Did she play any of the international junior tournaments?
here English name is TSAI Yi-Zhen (TPE)
She has a profile on ITTF, but doesn't show any match stat/history (which is weird, since her name is on the database)
I'm not that familiar with her team/school, so I don't know any specifics.
other than she took out 2 better players of which I was rooting for.

1700822786905.png

Last edited:
Reactions: blahness
This user has no status.

I hate pips 🤬
I hate pips 🤬
I hate pips 🤬
Gozo, if you count the points you lost, the vast majority of them is not due to the pips but due to his serve and you misreading his serve. He has a more advanced serve than yours - he uses the body decently + he can do both hook serves + pendulum. And he has the classic elbow lift pendulum serve which is really effective in disguising the backspin on the ball (it is basically heavy sidebackspin, not sure why you insisted on treating it like sidespin) .

Obviously he relies on the pips for receive, but tbh your serves aren't remotely as threatening as his, if there was a double inverted player with those serves the effect would have been similar.

Advanced servers do have a way to make you feel like you can't even play your game properly. Unfortunately this is also the hardest part of the game, and where pips/anti would really help you with.