Who do you think will win the Japan Open 2015 - ITTF World Tour?

• Ma Long

Votes: 31 47.7%
  • Xu Xin

Votes: 18 27.7%
  • Fan Zhendong

Votes: 12 18.5%
  • Jun Mizutani

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fang Bo

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Marcos Freitas

• Koki Niwa

• Tang Peng

• Chuang Chih Yuan

• Yan An

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Ma Long has just lost to Shang Kun in the Japan Open!

U154P886T1D29048F12DT20120929092808.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
I'm looking forward to Shang Kun's performance !!!
Just saw him playing with Kishikawa - nothing special, so many simple mistakes, and he is not very young. In China league he has 8 wins and 7 losses.

And he just eliminated the world champion, Captain Ma Long in 5 sets..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
And he just eliminated the world champion, Captain Ma Long in 5 sets..
Ok but I would like to see the match. I do not remember Ma Long ever lost to Shang Kun. Maybe he was injured? I am not a big fan of Ma Long, but he is much better then Shang Kun. He does not lost many simple shots like Shang Kun. Or maybe Shang Kun had the best day since he was born, and Ma Long had worst :).
Anyway congratulations to Shang Kun.

says Visited my own profile, woop woop. ;)
Nov 2014
Read 6 reviews
This is really tuning out interesting. I'll definitely watch that match haha. (Ma vs Shang)
So Ito Mima goes against Ding Ning to morrow. That has been long awaited.
However I'm really hoping for another Xu Xin vs Wong Chun Ting showdown.
I know Xu Xin will 80% certainly win, but maan, It's so cool to watch lol.
Not surprised the Japanese double pair beat Fang and Yan. But a bit surprised the other pair (Mizutani and Maharu) lost to the swedish pair.
Listened to Ping Skills last video now, was funny how they did not know who Shang Kun was haha.

Well, I have a feeling the continue of this tournament will become even more interesting. :L

Last edited:
This user has no status.
I was suprised that Ma Long lost to Shang Kun, but I honestly don't think that he was playing his best. I'm still hoping for Fang Bo to win! He's playing against Yan An tomorrow, so I hope that he can win ^-^!

Another two matches that I'm looking forward to is Ding Ning - Mima Ito, and Ma Long/Xu Xin - Kenta Matsudaira/Koki Niwa

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2015
I was suprised that Ma Long lost to Shang Kun, but I honestly don't think that he was playing his best. I'm still hoping for Fang Bo to win! He's playing against Yan An tomorrow, so I hope that he can win ^-^!

Another two matches that I'm looking forward to is Ding Ning - Mima Ito, and Ma Long/Xu Xin - Kenta Matsudaira/Koki Niwa

But didn't you read what Ma Long has posted in his facebook timeline before? He wrote that he wants to take the next trophy in Japan right after Suzhou. So why shouldn't he play his best?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2015
I'm really hoping for another Xu Xin vs Wong Chun Ting showdown.
I know Xu Xin will 80% certainly win, but maan, It's so cool to watch lol.

What do you mean? I can't even remember that they ever played against each other :D

This user has no status.
But didn't you read what Ma Long has posted in his facebook timeline before? He wrote that he wants to take the next trophy in Japan right after Suzhou. So why shouldn't he play his best?
No I didn't read that :eek:! I still think that Ma Long can take on Shang Kun easily though, I was just suprised :p

In the 2015 WTTC: Unfortunately during Mima Ito's game point @12-11 in the 5th against Li Xiaoxia, a Chinese fan dropped a pin in the stands, which caused a fly to fly away, disturbing the air in the stadium which blew the ball about 0.2mm away from Ito's ideal contact point. This is precisely (the only reason) why she lost.

Here at the Japan Open, the stadium has a somewhat round shape, rendering the formation of the type of air disturbance produced by the fly at the 2015 WTTC impossible. Therefore:

+++Mima Ito will surely beat Ding Ning today+++

Nov 2014
Read 6 reviews
What do you mean? I can't even remember that they ever played against each other :D

Actually twice, well once in singles, though not the best quality on the vids.
Kuwait open 2015
and doubles in wttc 2015, though I prefer the singles match

And I do agree Ma Long could beat Shang Kun, but if Shang Kun had a good day getting his shots right, it would either way not be easy. I get a bit annoyed when people be like "no, he'll lose against him for sure" or "he'll definitely win no matter what" when it should be more like "the odds are with him, considering he don't have a bad day".
I'm happy for Shang Kun tbh. But yeah, I do not believe Ma Long would loose on purpose, especially not after posting that on his fb profile. He want's to keep the number one spot for as long as possible afterall.

NB mvnrhd: You can quote several posts in one post by just copying, go reply on next post and paste. (alternatively edit and paste quote, if you forgot) is better that way I think.
Is all good ofc, just saying for next time. :eek:

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2013
Read 2 reviews
I am not surprised that Shang Kun beat Ma Long at all. Shang Kun has always been a top player in Chinese team, just lack of opportunities. He beat Ma Long, Zhang Jike, Xu Xin, Wang Hao before, and is very dangerous opponent against any top players.

Still remeber this?

Dan: Who has the best serve in the world?
Xu Xn: Shang Kun.

Last edited:
Reactions: ZhangJikeTheBest