Joola customer support - Joola Dynaryz ZGX

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews
Actually Gan even mentioned V20 in the review of ZGX.

Why does Gan tend to review more equipment from Joola but not so much the other big brands? I don't think he has done review for K3, C53, V20, or Gewo
He's done some Gewo blades. But in general, I think he reviews whatever his contacts from different manufacturers can get him, and whatever is the hot topic at the time and he buys them himself. Sometimes his fans will send him their personal equipment for review. He has a TaoBao store, and I chatted with him a bit last time when I bought stuff.

As for why lots of Joola stuff, I think it's because Joola has been pushing really hard in the Chinese market this past year or two.

Reactions: Scarfed Garchomp
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2018
I can give you a rundown of the ZGX here quickly anyway.

Essentially some of the feedback we had from sponsored players and just customer players in general was that they liked the grip and arc of ZGR but they felt like it was a little on the firm side and that it was a bit heavy also.

With ZGX it has the same concept as ZGR with the grippier topsheet and the more european 'hyper bounce' sponge. The main differences are in hardness and weight. It's 52.5 degree hardness compared to ZGR which is 55. It's also much lighter feeling and a very small adjustment to the pips geometry under the topsheet to help stabilize it a little more. It has a very dynamic feeling with the sponge and grippiness in the topsheet, I think it's better balanced in that regard than ZGR.

Overall the feedback from those who tested it before it was released was very positive and I think it will probably be a very popular choice.
Thank you very much! I feel like this is exactly what my feedback of the ZGR was aswell so the ZGX seems like the perfect rubber for me! Again thank you for the rundown!

says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
TeamJOOLA
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
I know ZGR that was the intention of creating that name code yes, ZGX I'm not sure - I think it was just an adaptation of a softer ZGR. My understanding for the others is:

CMD - Command - higher control ratios and consistency
ACC - Accuracy - more control spin and balance
AGR - Aggression - more direct power and lower trajectory windows

This is part of the content I'm working on building out now to explain these so that people can understand the rubbers better and help find what will fit their game.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews
I know ZGR that was the intention of creating that name code yes, ZGX I'm not sure - I think it was just an adaptation of a softer ZGR. My understanding for the others is:

This is part of the content I'm working on building out now to explain these so that people can understand the rubbers better and help find what will fit their game.
Any rough timeline when ZGX will be available to purchase in the U.S.?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022

So its not just different hardness? Something else is different?

TeamJOOLA
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
So its not just different hardness? Something else is different?
It is the sponge hardness, just those were the different codes they came up with to differentiate the names. This was before I started working for JOOLA. Between the Tronix and Dynaryz lines the hardnesses are likely to line up as well, so Tronix ACC and Dynaryz ACC are both 47.5 as an example. It is likely that will be a consistent factor but not necessarily guaranteed.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
It is the sponge hardness, just those were the different codes they came up with to differentiate the names. This was before I started working for JOOLA. Between the Tronix and Dynaryz lines the hardnesses are likely to line up as well, so Tronix ACC and Dynaryz ACC are both 47.5 as an example. It is likely that will be a consistent factor but not necessarily guaranteed.
Why not just call it Dynaryz 47, 50, 53. A lot easier to understand

TeamJOOLA
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
There was once upon a time esp during the Donic Bluefire M1 era, its 47.5 degree hardness ( ESN scale ) is considered hard sponge. These days ESN company are upping the ante by going towards 55, 56 and 57 degrees. It is getting harder and harder.
Since plastic ball came in I think rubber manufacturing has definitely pushed towards firmer sponges and grippier topsheets. This is also more in demand by the top players too.

TeamJOOLA
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
Why not just call it Dynaryz 47, 50, 53. A lot easier to understand
I guess it's only similar to Tibhar using MX-P, FX-P etc. Each company has their own way of doing things. Rhyzer series had 43, 48, pro 45, pro 50 etc. I don't disagree with you. At the stage I have now joined the company I can't change things like that but I can at least make sure they are well explained and compared etc.

Reactions: Choosikick
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
There was once upon a time esp during the Donic Bluefire M1 era, its 47.5 degree hardness ( ESN scale ) is considered hard sponge. These days ESN company are upping the ante by going towards 55, 56 and 57 degrees. It is getting harder and harder.
ESN Hard back then (47.5) to me was way too soft for FH.

The direction by pros, and amateurs since 40+ is to go harder sponge.
in the 38mm era, soft soft soft was in demand.
40mm, T05 and equivalent was okay
40+, Butterfly still only had a T05, but pros has firmer sponge version for years.
Then T05 Hard came out to fit the requirements all the way down to consumers.

ESN also started to go extra hard and entering the 5x space.

TT has changed a lot due to ball change. It is only normal rubber makers need to adapt, or risk loosing market share.
DHS (the biggest ball maker in the world) funny enough, is one of the beneficiary of 40+ ball change with its sales of H3 going up the roof

Reactions: Choosikick