Switched from soft rubber to hard rubber

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2023
I recently got a new Blade (Stiga Allround Evolution) and got two rubber gifted Joola Dynaryz Inferno 2,00mm on the Backhand and Dynaryz AGR MAX on the Forehand both around ESN 50° and pretty fast rubbers. Before that I did play the Tibhar Nimbus Sound 1,8mm ESN 32,5° on the Forehand and the Copa Tenero 39°. What is the most effective way to get used to the new hard rubber.

This user has no status.
Play with it, get used to the feeling by just trying everything you would in a game. I went from Joola Energy Extra to Dignics and it felt fine, just a little less catapult and safety that soft rubbers provide. The Dynaryz series isn't super hard rubber, I would say its between Tenergy and Dignics. Anyway, just try everything you do in a game with it, you will find your serving improves with a hard rubber.

Reactions: EritoG69
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
I recently got a new Blade (Stiga Allround Evolution) and got two rubber gifted Joola Dynaryz Inferno 2,00mm on the Backhand and Dynaryz AGR MAX on the Forehand both around ESN 50° and pretty fast rubbers. Before that I did play the Tibhar Nimbus Sound 1,8mm ESN 32,5° on the Forehand and the Copa Tenero 39°. What is the most effective way to get used to the new hard rubber.
Three things: Serve with the new rubber, do some FH and BH drills and try looping with it. I think try looping with it is the best way to get used to a new rubber. Try to loop with a light brush, i.e. using the top sheet only, and try to loop with the sponge engaged, i.e. loop drive. Do both over and over again.

Reactions: EritoG69
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2023
Play with it, get used to the feeling by just trying everything you would in a game. I went from Joola Energy Extra to Dignics and it felt fine, just a little less catapult and safety that soft rubbers provide. The Dynaryz series isn't super hard rubber, I would say its between Tenergy and Dignics. Anyway, just try everything you do in a game with it, you will find your serving improves with a hard rubber

Three things: Serve with the new rubber, do some FH and BH drills and try looping with it. I think try looping with it is the best way to get used to a new rubber. Try to loop with a light brush, i.e. using the top sheet only, and try to loop with the sponge engaged, i.e. loop drive. Do both over and over again.
Thank you for the advice ! :)

Reactions: JJ Ng