Looking to improve my legs muscles

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Hello, I've been wanting to make my legs better for table tennis. So ive been searching for meals for before workouts and after, but I cant really find any easy and relatively cheap meals to make. I'm already pretty slim so I'm looking to increase my muscle mass, maybe you guys know some meals?

I'm also looking for exercises that help me increase my legs muscles mass and still keep my speed.

It would be amazing to get some tips and tricks

Reactions: Choosikick
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
Cycling regularly, better every day, 10- 20 km a day, and on the weekends, march for 50-80 km. You will begin to eat much more and indiscriminately, but mobility in the legs will increase exactly twice.
And further. Don't expect quick results. In a month you will feel only pain and fatigue. In two to three months there will be constant fatigue in the legs, but mobility will increase a little. In a year the result will appear, and this result will remain with you even after you stop cycling.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: ben1229
says what [IMG]
Chicken is generally one of the cheaper meat-based protein sources. It's not that hard to pan fry or oven bake chicken. Combine with a carb like pasta or rice and some vegetables. You will be doing this for years, so it needs to taste acceptable too. Realistically though, don't worry about what you eat, just avoid excess sugar and try to get as much protein as you can.

You likely won't get slower from getting bigger, and you are likely not going to take enough steroids and work out enough to be able to get near the breakpoint where you do get slower. Professional table tennis players have huge legs and glutes; don't worry about it. Rather in just a year or two you will be thinking "Why the hell am I not getting bigger?".

In addition to a weightlifting routine (Start slow and with just the bar, try to get someone qualfiied to show you how to do it) you should be doing things like horse stance squats/isometrics, because tabletennis is also about endurance. What good are your massive explosive legs if you can hold a ready position for half a minute?

Last edited:
says what [IMG]
Cycling regularly, better every day, 10- 20 km a day, and on the weekends, march for 50-80 km. You will begin to eat much more and indiscriminately, but mobility in the legs will increase exactly twice.
And further. Don't expect quick results. In a month you will feel only pain and fatigue. In two to three months there will be constant fatigue in the legs, but mobility will increase a little. In a year the result will appear, and this result will remain with you even after you stop cycling.
I feel a need to reply to this; cycling for 10-20km, or god forbid, marching for 50-80km (Do you want him to get injured?) will not be as effective as a weightlifting routine. You are also likely overtraining if you have constant fatigue and pain. Results should appear quickly, not after a year of pain.

The reason is because the injury risk from such activities is even higher than weightlifting IMO and tabletennis, as most sports, is about explosive power, which will not be trained with such training.

Although cardio is important for reasons beyond the sport.

Reactions: dingyibvs
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
I feel a need to reply to this; cycling for 10-20km, or god forbid, marching for 50-80km (Do you want him to get injured?) will not be as effective as a weightlifting routine. You are also likely overtraining if you have constant fatigue and pain. Results should appear quickly, not after a year of pain.

The reason is because the injury risk from such activities is even higher than weightlifting IMO and tabletennis, as most sports, is about explosive power, which will not be trained with such training.

Although cardio is important for reasons beyond the sport.
Agree with what you said. Overall, just don't overthink it. Do anything that makes your legs fatigued, eat a high protein diet, and you'll gain leg muscles. If you want to focus on endurance, do endurance exercises (e.g. cycling), if you want to focus on size/strength, do high weight exercises (e.g. squats), etc.

This user has no status.
Imo bulgarian split squats are one of the best, and a lot of lunges. Even better, just shadow explosive TT footwork at home. A lot of it is not easy. Try simulating FH pivot on BH side - recover and then crossover step to deep FH side - recover and then do a BH and then pivot again. Rinse and repeat.

Imo bulgarian split squats are one of the best, and a lot of lunges. Even better, just shadow explosive TT footwork at home. A lot of it is not easy. Try simulating FH pivot on BH side - recover and then crossover step to deep FH side - recover and then do a BH and then pivot again. Rinse and repeat.
… and also do the core moves/weight transfer with a weight. Is „Medicine ball“ the correct translation?

This user has no status.
… and also do the core moves/weight transfer with a weight. Is „Medicine ball“ the correct translation?
Yes this is one of the key exercises I learnt from Seth Pech's channel (which contains a lot of gold in general) - imo it also helps to learn to mentally focus on using the body as the primary mover in a stroke, and develop "body first" mentality.

Reactions: job59