Ma long defeated by Koki Niwa!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
So heres the match you've all been waiting for!!

Ma Long vs Koki Niwa in the Asian Olympic Qualifiers 2012

ma_long.jpg

Photo by: ittf.com

says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
Mar 2011
koki niwa thinks he won the Olympics :p
i guess Ma Long was jet lagged he wasnt moving swiftly as he does nd i guess he hasnt been training that much because he was missin too many forehands

China and Hong Kong mainland is just next to each other. I think it's about an hour flight depending where he came from. Besides, this is not the 1st match for Ma Long:)

Mar 2011
I think Koki played extremely well. Ma Long was caught off guard from the word go. You really should've seen the match. I couldn't believe it myself. Koki had a game plan, and he stuck to it, no matter what. The others will be watching the game and learn from it. If Ma LOng doesn't buck up, he's in for a torrid time in London this summer.

says Aging is a killer
I don't know why you guys are trying to excuse MaLong. Koki Niwa has been touted as the player to eventually challenge the Chinese for at least a year. So at 17yo and #18 in the world, he is proceeding quite nicely. Let's see how he does in the next couple of years.
Great editing in that video. Sometimes there is no flow with some TT videos, but this was well done.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
Your move LGL. Ma Long isn't invincible as so many people think and both he and ZJK have lost to non-Chinese players more recently than WH who surely has to be in the singles portion for me. I think today's Ma Long is a resurfacing of an old Ma Long whereby he can sometimes go missing when he's nervous.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
I don't know why you guys are trying to excuse MaLong. Koki Niwa has been touted as the player to eventually challenge the Chinese for at least a year. So at 17yo and #18 in the world, he is proceeding quite nicely. Let's see how he does in the next couple of years.
Great editing in that video. Sometimes there is no flow with some TT videos, but this was well done.

Exactly my point of view. Nerves, jetlag, lack of training.... None of all this is true. Trust me, the CNT prepared Ma Long very well for this tournament. He just faced a better player.