My Pingpod experience!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
Hi all

Super pleased that I managed to get some TT in on my last day in Philly!

I met the super helpful Al, who manages Pingpod in Philly and he was kind enough to come and meet me for a great 90 mins of practice with some super close games thrown in.

What a great concept it is and amazing for the growth of the sport.

IMG_2291.jpeg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Hi all

Super pleased that I managed to get some TT in on my last day in Philly!

I met the super helpful Al, who manages Pingpod in Philly and he was kind enough to come and meet me for a great 90 mins of practice with some super close games thrown in.

What a great concept it is and amazing for the growth of the sport.

View attachment 26763
Awesome you were in Philly. Maybe if it was 2 years ago, I would have come pick you up, taken you to Trolley Car TTC and bored you to death lol. Though it was probably too close to the pandemic for comfort. Al is a good guy, I hope you beat him good lol. Though he was improving when I last saw him play, maybe he beat you...

I haven't been to ping pod in Philly, but if I get a company visit, I will try to get there at least once to experience the hype.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
Awesome you were in Philly. Maybe if it was 2 years ago, I would have come pick you up, taken you to Trolley Car TTC and bored you to death lol. Though it was probably too close to the pandemic for comfort. Al is a good guy, I hope you beat him good lol. Though he was improving when I last saw him play, maybe he beat you...

I haven't been to ping pod in Philly, but if I get a company visit, I will try to get there at least once to experience the hype.
Awesome!

We were pretty much dead even in games when we stopped.

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
How do you know him?

He said he was about 1400 but he looked better than that to me.
I used to live in a Philly suburb so I know a lot of players from Philly, NY, NJ, MD, DC and VA since I used to drive around and play a lot in the early 2010s, and less so in the later part of teh decade. I am close to one of his friends who is a 2000 level player. Al definitely knows who I am. We talked quite a bit in Houston at the WTTC 2021.

Reactions: Wrighty67