Who will win the Pro Tour Grand Finals!?

• Ma Long

Votes: 46 70.8%
  • Zhang Jike

Votes: 12 18.5%
  • Xu Xin

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Ma Lin

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Wang Hao

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jun Mizutani

• Gao Ning

• Dimitrij Ovtcharov

• Lee Sang Su

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Other - Comment below

Votes: 2 3.1%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2011
Zhang should figure out a way to beat Ma Long, if he doesn't he will be nr. 2 for the coming 5 years. Like Ma Lin always was nr.2 behind Wang Liqin.

i think the key is, to beat ma long in the first game. like european player should do it against chinese to get them under pressure. but ma long is a wall and has to much power in the first game. against everyone he is winning the first game very high. i see him often going to a 6-0 lead or something. and then the first game is done. the only one who got it, was ryu seung min at the team world cup, and maybe he could beat ma long, if he is able to play a penhold backhand. but just playing forhand all over the table against ma long is like playing football against a wall :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
i think the key is, to beat ma long in the first game. like european player should do it against chinese to get them under pressure. but ma long is a wall and has to much power in the first game. against everyone he is winning the first game very high. i see him often going to a 6-0 lead or something. and then the first game is done. the only one who got it, was ryu seung min at the team world cup, and maybe he could beat ma long, if he is able to play a penhold backhand. but just playing forhand all over the table against ma long is like playing football against a wall :D

I think u are right. The games he wins, he gives the opponent less than 5 points. If he has a 3 points gap, he is gone. If you can manage to stay close to him during the game by scoring smart points, you can take the game and harm his confidence. But it is insanely hard to do indeed.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2011
I think u are right. The games he wins, he gives the opponent less than 5 points. If he has a 3 points gap, he is gone. If you can manage to stay close to him during the game by scoring smart points, you can take the game and harm his confidence. But it is insanely hard to do indeed.

yes. but its clear now, that he really worked on his mental power. some years ago he was the best player, too, i think, but he had psychological problems while leading. so if it comes to 7-1 lead the game was just close at the end and sometimes it happend, that he even loss the game. but now he lets his opponent no chances. 6-0 lead -> finish it 11-3 :D the games he won against wang hao in the semifinale and zhang jike in the finale was just lower than 5. thats his power now

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
yes. but its clear now, that he really worked on his mental power. some years ago he was the best player, too, i think, but he had psychological problems while leading. so if it comes to 7-1 lead the game was just close at the end and sometimes it happend, that he even loss the game. but now he lets his opponent no chances. 6-0 lead -> finish it 11-3 :D the games he won against wang hao in the semifinale and zhang jike in the finale was just lower than 5. thats his power now

Yep, that's the most important change for him. His mental strength also became clear in the 5th set against Jike at the end. I'm really curious if Ma Long can keep this up for many years. If he does, he can be a legend. But still I'd prefer Zhang Jike to rise up, compete with Ma Long better and become a legend :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Thanks to all the amazing youtubers who uploaded the matches from the Pro Tour Grand Finals!

Heres the final!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oN3USIZQq8M
Semi Finals!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilNCA9ckv5c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nA9ngr9Jr1Y

===================================================================

Strange!! you didn't see my post with the Final, about sixteen hours before your post ??

If "Heres the Final" what was the embedded video in my post (#130) ??

# Visit my PLAYLIST with Grand Finals matches (most in short forms) ::

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Thanks to all the amazing youtubers who uploaded the matches from the Pro Tour Grand Finals!

Heres the final!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oN3USIZQq8M
Semi Finals!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilNCA9ckv5c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nA9ngr9Jr1Y

===================================================================

Strange!! you didn't see my post with the Final, about sixteen hours before your post ??

If "Heres the Final" what was the embedded video in my post (#130) ??

# Visit my PLAYLIST with Grand Finals matches (most in short forms) ::

Hey sorry Janus.. Its hard for me to go through every thread and check all the matches. I will post your recording to our facebook page

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Review Moderator
Jul 2011
Read 7 reviews
A couple of points. I thought ZJK looked as if he did not want to be there. He appeared to be having problems with his left knee, he was dragging the leg at times.

In the second point of the 2nd game, the umpire faulted ZJK's serve. Does anyone know why?

I remember the commentator saying that Zhang hit the ball above the table, instead of behind the table.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2011
What a weekend!

I got photo accreditation from the ETTA, so took my camera equipment along with me and I was working in London during the week through which I managed to organise free accommodation by offering to continue working over the weekend.

I took just short of two thousand pictures each day and I've put a selection of Saturday's on my Facebook page.

It was the first time I'd seen most of these players in the flesh and all of a sudden, I was sat no more than six feet away from the best players in the world, adding them to my portfolio. The only problem is it's impossible to follow a match watching it through a viewfinder unless you have a wide angled lens attached so I often found myself looking at the replay of the best points on the big screen.

ma.jpg