Who do you think will win the Rio Olympics 2016?

• Ma Long

Votes: 106 67.1%
  • Zhang Jike

Votes: 34 21.5%
  • Dimitirj Ovtcharov

Votes: 4 2.5%
  • Jun Mizutani

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Chuang Chih Yuan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wong Chun Ting

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Vladimir Samsonov

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • Jeoung Youngsik

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Marcos Freitas

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Other (Post Below)

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
thank you =) sadly this occurs: La vidéo n'as pas pu être chargée (connexion insuffisante) ou nest pas disponible dans votre pays.

you need to have a vpn connection. try install a VPN program and after you install it select a french server. basically what the VPN program does is giving you a french IP address so the site thinks you are connecting from France

VPN programs have monthly payment but some of them have a free trial period for some days so you can do your work till the TT tournament has finished

says TTD Team vs Pongfinity OUT NOW on our YT Channel
Administrator
Oct 2010
Reigning Olympic Champion is now up against Chen Chien An! Live here for UK users: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/olympics/36654222

zhang.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
How much lateral movement is allowed on the toss?

Last edited:
In comparison to his recent match against CCA Zhang played a lot better strategically. If you saw his match against CCA in the Korean Open this year, you could notice several things: an overall lack of interest and motivation and as a result giving cheap points to CCA. Zhang not letting CCA move much, mostly playing in his comfort zone (middle of the table and FH, but not enough in the deep BH or FH). Serves were not placed or varied much, giving CCA the opportunity to instantly put pressure on Zhang without moving much. His overall level of play wasn't that bad, just his tactics weren't on point.

I haven't seen the whole match today, I tuned in in the middle of the third set. But some things were noticable: Some vocal reactions from Zhang when scoring a critical point, which was refreshing to see. Also better placed serves short FH, half long FH or middle of the table, forcing CCA to play the banana flick from there and then instantly putting pressure on CCA's BH with a BH down the line or a good placed FH. Zhang used his speed to his advantage. When comparing the two of them, CCA is slower especially coming from the short FH to the deep BH. Jike's BH was very good today, so this was like his bread and butter in the last two sets of the match. Overall, I don't think CCA had a lot of opportunities today. Jike played well on the critical points, thus giving him a logical 4-0 victory.

It certainly wasn't the best Zhang Jike we've seen, but he played much better than in his previous matches. His performance was good, not spectacular like Ma Long yesterday, who showed everyone that he is the player to beat here. I am very curious as to what the next few matches will bring for Jike.

Administrator
Oct 2010
Dimitrij Ovtcharov and Li Ping are level at 2 sets each!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
In comparison to his recent match against CCA Zhang played a lot better strategically. If you saw his match against CCA in the Korean Open this year, you could notice several things: an overall lack of interest and motivation and as a result giving cheap points to CCA. Zhang not letting CCA move much, mostly playing in his comfort zone (middle of the table and FH, but not enough in the deep BH or FH). Serves were not placed or varied much, giving CCA the opportunity to instantly put pressure on Zhang without moving much. His overall level of play wasn't that bad, just his tactics weren't on point.

I haven't seen the whole match today, I tuned in in the middle of the third set. But some things were noticable: Some vocal reactions from Zhang when scoring a critical point, which was refreshing to see. Also better placed serves short FH, half long FH or middle of the table, forcing CCA to play the banana flick from there and then instantly putting pressure on CCA's BH with a BH down the line or a good placed FH. Zhang used his speed to his advantage. When comparing the two of them, CCA is slower especially coming from the short FH to the deep BH. Jike's BH was very good today, so this was like his bread and butter in the last two sets of the match. Overall, I don't think CCA had a lot of opportunities today. Jike played well on the critical points, thus giving him a logical 4-0 victory.

It certainly wasn't the best Zhang Jike we've seen, but he played much better than in his previous matches. His performance was good, not spectacular like Ma Long yesterday, who showed everyone that he is the player to beat here. I am very curious as to what the next few matches will bring for Jike.

pinpoint accuracy well done! in the 2nd and 3rd set you could see why LGL thinks ZJK is really stubborn, clever variations from CCA in his serves and ZJK lost too many banana flicks, at least he realised that when he was in danger and short pushed the ball instead of flicking it, CCA short game and recovery for an opening topspin is not so good as ZJK's. I think ZJK won almost every point that begun with short underspin/no spin exchanges. Hope he understands that and focus on adapting to each opponent from 0-0 instead of trying to outpower them. You could see CCA was not afraid and piled the pressure even more when a topspin exchange begun winning half and maybe more than ZJK did