Who do you think will win the Rio Olympics 2016?

• Ma Long

Votes: 106 67.1%
  • Zhang Jike

Votes: 34 21.5%
  • Dimitirj Ovtcharov

Votes: 4 2.5%
  • Jun Mizutani

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Chuang Chih Yuan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wong Chun Ting

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Vladimir Samsonov

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • Jeoung Youngsik

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Marcos Freitas

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Other (Post Below)

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
Ma Long,

As a ZJK fan, I want to be the first one to congratulate you. Your level of play in this final was perfect. ZJK tried his best, but apart from the first set, couldn't even come close to you in this final. I applaud your performance. You played your best match of your life, and it couldn't be on a more important moment than this one. Years of hard work, determination and perseverance have finally paid off. Ma Long, the Dragon, the Dominator, the Olympic Gold medalist, the Grand slam winner. I am humbled by your greatness. The best of luck in the following of your career, but for now, enjoy YOUR moment of fame.

A deeply touched ZJK fan

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
i'm for ma long, but this seems pretty rigged.

Zhang Jike isn't stepping around much, and he is consistently hitting to Ma Long's backhand corner, just letting Ma Long do his step around forehand.

Zhang Jike's backhand flips were mostly attacked by Ma Long's step around forehand, instantly giving Ma Long the momentum.

This user has no status.
I am not neither fan, but somehow I feel its set up both finals to make more grand slam winners. But probably I am wrong :)

Had the same feeling, atmosphere was really ****ing weird to be honest. ZJK Seemed like he didn't wanna continue after the first set and was silent throughout the entire game. Whether that was strategy or dictated from above is something we won't find out I guess

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
TTFrenzy you jinxed him with that talk of 4-0

haha yeah, I was expecting it somehow. Was not quite sure , but after that ding ning LXX final I thought that ML would also eager for the title much more than ZJK did.

ZJK didnt have patience, always tried to finish the points early and probably got hesitant or overexcited in some balls.

On the other hands these are his weapons against ma long and in the encounters he won against him, was outsmarting him in the short game/opening phase, and finish with a bh bh rally or killer FH

ma long was so well prepared today that he was expecting all of ZJK plans, ZJK didnt adapt well and in many occasions you could see he thought that ML would be out of position but the ball kept coming back, ZJK was like standing there thinking ok he wont reach that.

many misses from ZJK a game with lots of similarities with the women's finals

Reactions: ttmonster
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2012
What an easy final! The runner-up is just a matter of who face ML at last :)

I am a big fan of ZJK, too. So I had prepared many excuses before the match even started:

1. He looks bored and sleepy, no motivation at all.

2. At xx:xx in xx set, he rubbed his shoulder/back/waist/knee, he must be injured again. Poor ZJK, lucky ML. ML never can beat a healthy ZJK anyway. What a bad day!

3. IMHO, he just played not even half of his potential, probably 1/3… no, must only be 1/10. Damn!

4. Initially ZJK didn’t let ML playing his game, but suddenly he lost his focus and a lucky ML made a comeback.

5. ML was so lucky today, so many edge and net balls.

6. I dun understand ZJK, why he did not want to play his short game. He must have let ML win to increase number of Grand Slam players for China. What a LORD of Table Tennis!

7. (Or) ZJK did not use his short game. This match must have been arranged in favor of ML to join Grand Slam team.

8. Come on guys, Olympic is not that big event yet. Kuwait Open was bigger, where ZJK crushed ML so badly.

9. Wait, did you forget that ZJK won ML in World Cup two years ago, where ZJK TOTALLY CRUSHED ML with 4-3 and 12-10 in the final set? Today ZJK simply did not have a mood to play, that’s all!

10. ZJK only plays when it matters. For this Olympic, China surely secures Gold and Silver Medals, regardless his loss or win. So it DOESN’T MATTER anymore.

11. ZJK was too rush and made so many unforced errors, he simply just lost to himself. What a lucky ML!

12. ZJK’s intentional losses help TT community to have better definition on IMPORTANT MATCHES, which are clearly not OG nor WTTC ones, but Kuwait Open, World Cup, and Chinese Trials.

Feel free to use any of those, guys! Lets fight for ZJK =)))

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
Had the same feeling, atmosphere was really ****ing weird to be honest. ZJK Seemed like he didn't wanna continue after the first set and was silent throughout the entire game. Whether that was strategy or dictated from above is something we won't find out I guess

Im a huge zhang jike fan and sports in general. If fixing matches occurs in modern era I will simply stop watching TT.

I was a huge basketball/soccer fan also as a kid, and when I found out how many fixed matches were occuring in greece and in europe, got so frustrated and pissed off that stoped watching following my favorite team and basketball/soccer in general

I strongly believe that the era of ma ling wang liqin and the youngsters afterwards are not participating in fixed matches. I believe that because, wang hao could have easily completed a grand slam, missing only the olympics ( 2 finals against chines) and same thing goes for wang liqin who does not have a world cup and ma ling not having a WTTC with 3 finals appearances

The past 15 years the chinese could have easily fixed all of these results and all of the players could have a grand slam completed