Rubber with good ratio of performance/longevity/price

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Hello! Hope everyone have a nice start of the new year.
Which rubbers do you guys think have good performance but also last somewhat long with a reasonable price?

I found this thread where they are discussing the subject regarding hybrid rubbers: https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/topics/longevity-of-hybrid-rubbers.31237/
I also feel that the tackiness from hybrids go away pretty fast. Would rubbers that produce spin from good grip instead of tackiness perhaps last longer?

Thank you :)

Reactions: Choosikick
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 2 reviews
I've been playing with K2 since before covid, 3 times a week on average, always covering with a sticky protective sheet when not playing, and, in my experience, K2 seems to retain its tackiness forever, just like H3. Now that the K2 appears to have been discontinued (e.g. https://www.tabletennis11.com/other_eng/tibhar-hybrid-k2), I've been trying out K3 since November, again covering it with a sticky protective sheet. So far no loss of stickiness or performance AFAIK.

Reactions: IB66
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
I really haven’t used a rubber to destruction!! The hybrid rubbers lose tackiness but do they lose grippiness?
could it be that a well used hybrid that has lost its tackiness becomes a grippy tensor??!! (Like)
I just did a quick tackiness test of old Rakza Z and Z EH sheets, 1+ yr old, not played with for at least 6 months, just sitting in a case with their protective sheets on em, they both held the ball for much longer than the other hybrids. They would still play very well !!! (which I’ll redo tomorrow with all the hybrid and tacky Chinese rubbers I have on blades tomorrow, I’ll post the vid sometime soon)
I generally change rubbers reasonably regularly regardless of wear and tear (a damaged sheet gets changed PDQ!!) as you play, the decline is not really noticed as such, you adapt without really knowing it !! Then, bang you get a new sheet and think wow that feels so much better!!

Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
I've been playing with K2 since before covid, 3 times a week on average, always covering with a sticky protective sheet when not playing, and, in my experience, K2 seems to retain its tackiness forever, just like H3. Now that the K2 appears to have been discontinued (e.g. https://www.tabletennis11.com/other_eng/tibhar-hybrid-k2), I've been trying out K3 since November, again covering it with a sticky protective sheet. So far no loss of stickiness or performance AFAIK.
K3 is or was a weekly special at TT11, I ordered 2 sheets of K3 and a sheet of ZGX, received a message they were dispatched Tues am, they were delivered am Wednesday at 10.22 !!! Amazing!!
the other good part is that the 3 sheets came in at £116 (€135) that’s about £39 (€45) per sheet, (volume discount + weekly special + free delivery) these guys have just got it nailed down good and proper!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
Big Dipper, Arthur China, Jupiter 3, Bloom Power, AK47
AK 47 is not durable, Jupiter 3, Big Dipper and Bloom Power do not have power on fast shots, these rubbers are great for training, but for playing with strong opponents it is not entirely suitable, Arthur China has a fragile sponge, which causes the topsheet to peel off during strong impacts . Everywhere by.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
AK 47 is not durable, Jupiter 3, Big Dipper and Bloom Power do not have power on fast shots, these rubbers are great for training, but for playing with strong opponents it is not entirely suitable, Arthur China has a fragile sponge, which causes the topsheet to peel off during strong impacts . Everywhere by.
What's your USATT level? I'd be really surprised if a decent player thought those rubbers didn't have power

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
What's your USATT level? I'd be really surprised if a decent player thought those rubbers didn't have power
Ok, let's do it differently. Show me decent rated players who use the rubbers you recommend.
What kind of rubbers do you use? Judging by the description in your profile, it’s not the one you recommend. Why?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Saw someone saying they used Big Dipper and got to 2200 with it, so it has plenty of power. From my experimenting with Bloom Power, it's as fast as LAC, which is faster than BD. My second LAC sheet shows zero signs of separation between the topsheet and the sponge.
AK47 Red lasted me for a couple of months and was still brand new, although I did not like it.

Really not sure if this is all based on experience or just whatever reviews you read online, because this is not accurate.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
Saw someone saying they used Big Dipper and got to 2200 with it, so it has plenty of power. From my experimenting with Bloom Power, it's as fast as LAC, which is faster than BD. My second LAC sheet shows zero signs of separation between the topsheet and the sponge.
AK47 Red lasted me for a couple of months and was still brand new, although I did not like it.

Really not sure if this is all based on experience or just whatever reviews you read online, because this is not accurate.
Regarding Big Dipper, Jupiter 3 and AK47, this is my personal experience. I judge Bloom Power and LAC from the reviews here and on revspin.
I played Jupiter 2 and 3 for a very long time and know this rubber very well. Jupiter helped me learn, this honest workhorse, but in counting games it doesn’t work the same way as, for example, Hurricane 3 and Loki N80. Big Dipper spins the ball well and has average speed unless makes sudden movements. Perhaps many people like this, and with a certain playing style you can achieve results, but personally I don’t like it. At one time we had a lot of defensive players playing Big Dipper, perhaps this rubber is more suitable for such players. It happened, but now I don’t see it. Defensive players need a quick forehand attack and many use fast Butterfly rubbers. According to Friendship, neither I nor the players around me had a good relationship. Friendship rubbers still inferior in quality to DHS. Perhaps I’m wrong in that without having personally played Bloom Power, I put it on a par with Big Dipper and Jupiter, but I played Battle 2 Provincial, which in my opinion is in the same category. And judging by the reviews, Bloom Power is not much different from this.
In addition, Jupiter and Bloom Power require a booster, and are therefore immediately excluded.
LAC looks like a good option, but it clearly has quality problems...
Something like this.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Ok, let's do it differently. Show me decent rated players who use the rubbers you recommend.
What kind of rubbers do you use? Judging by the description in your profile, it’s not the one you recommend. Why?
I use many different rubbers. I have used Victas Triple Double, Bloom Power, Big Dipper, Jupiter 3, Arthur China. I just enjoy trying them all.

All of them are great.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
I use many different rubbers. I have used Victas Triple Double, Bloom Power, Big Dipper, Jupiter 3, Arthur China. I just enjoy trying them all.

All of them are great.
I've also tried a lot of rubbers and sometimes it was fun and sometimes I was disappointed, but now I tend to think that the greatest pleasure in the game for me comes not from EJ, but from control over my game. When there is confidence that I will get a lot of balls on the table where I want, when there is a long and beautiful point. The best friend for this is the same blade and rubber, and the worst enemy besides injuries is EJ.

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
Hello! Hope everyone have a nice start of the new year.
Which rubbers do you guys think have good performance but also last somewhat long with a reasonable price?

I found this thread where they are discussing the subject regarding hybrid rubbers: https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/topics/longevity-of-hybrid-rubbers.31237/
I also feel that the tackiness from hybrids go away pretty fast. Would rubbers that produce spin from good grip instead of tackiness perhaps last longer?

Thank you :)
The legendary Nittaku G1 built like a tank. Its also relatively cheap and grippy. Your typical girl next door type.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I really appreciate all the answers. Thanks.
Do not know if its better with grippy rubber or tackiness for durability?
Do you other guys also use protective sheets? I have one friend that use some revolution rubber cleaner, im skeptical. Do not want to use tacky rubbers if they get worn out fast, but i do think it is beneficial for the matchplay for serve, return and third ball attack.
I will mainly use the rubber for backhand so these hard chinese rubbers will probably be a bit difficult? At least if they are to hard.
Im planning/thinking of trying Stiga DNA dragon grip, Tibhar hybrid K3, Tibhar hybrid MK, Victas vs 401, perhaps Donic bluegrip or bluestar and perhaps Hurricane?
Do think it is good with tackier rubber, as long as they keep the tackiness.

Have a nice weekend

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Aurus lasts 3-4x longer than your premium rubbers... easily get 300 hrs, often 500-600 hrs.

Now a real good elite amateur or above will pound the dog crap outta the ball and no med firm rubber known to man lasts very long doing that over and over...

For these types the hard sponged rubbers last way longer (and are more suitable for that kind of impact anyway). Rasanter R53 is in that category with some others.

says former JPEN, now CPEN
says former JPEN, now CPEN
Aug 2019
I really appreciate all the answers. Thanks.
Do not know if its better with grippy rubber or tackiness for durability?
Do you other guys also use protective sheets? I have one friend that use some revolution rubber cleaner, im skeptical. Do not want to use tacky rubbers if they get worn out fast, but i do think it is beneficial for the matchplay for serve, return and third ball attack.
I will mainly use the rubber for backhand so these hard chinese rubbers will probably be a bit difficult? At least if they are to hard.
Im planning/thinking of trying Stiga DNA dragon grip, Tibhar hybrid K3, Tibhar hybrid MK, Victas vs 401, perhaps Donic bluegrip or bluestar and perhaps Hurricane?
Do think it is good with tackier rubber, as long as they keep the tackiness.

Have a nice weekend
i do use protective sheets

tackiness does last longer with sheets than without