Who will win the Slovenian open 2012 ???

• Ma Long

Votes: 61 59.8%
  • Zhang Jike

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • Wang Hao

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Xu Xin

Votes: 13 12.7%
  • Ma Lin

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Joo Se Hyuk

Votes: 15 14.7%
  • Gao Ning

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bastian Steger

• Patrick Baum

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Other (write below)

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2011
I think Timo is preparing for London, but he will play the Qatar Open, so I i don't think he's injured.

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
i voted for Ma long, whats up with timo boll? is he injured? sorry im not really updated on those things

I think Timo is preparing for London, but he will play the Qatar Open, so I i don't think he's injured.

Welcome to the site guys! :)

I think because Timo Boll has just come back from injury he doesnt want to play against the best just yet. Playing to high of a level could impinge and develop his injury again. Slowly coming back into the game will help Boll better.

Timo Boll played last weeks Energis Masters which he won beating Jorgen Person in the final. Next month Timo Boll will play in the European Top 12. I think after this tournament he will be back to his best and then start to compete in the World Tours again and then be fully ready for the Grand Finale, London 2012 Olympics Games! :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2011
Yea Timo has had ongoing issues with a back injury continuing this year from last year.

yeah he was ill from december to january, but he played energis masters and said in an interview, that everything is okay now :) maybe he wont play against the chinese players, so that he has better chances during the olympics :D

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
yeah he was ill from december to january, but he played energis masters and said in an interview, that everything is okay now :) maybe he wont play against the chinese players, so that he has better chances during the olympics :D

Yeah this is true, if I was Timo Boll I would avoid Ma Long at all costs right now :p... however I don't personally believe Timo Boll's mentality is to avoid players. For Timo Boll to beat any of the Chinese he will have to move at his best. With a chronic back injury that can come back any moment he needs to be very careful and he knows this. I.e. back in the 2009 World Championships... Boll played a lot leading up to the event and he had to withdraw from the World Championships because of his back. I don't think he wants to make this same mistake, we also have to take into account that the Olympics is at the end of the table tennis season, so Boll will need to periodise and be careful.

Well he had said he had reduced his training hours and it had really helped him cope with the injury, i think it's more about managing it, seems like a permanent injury perhaps

Yeah, his back is in a chronic state as he developed it back in 2003 when he become the World number 1. Unless something drastic changes in Timo Boll's body, he will always be managing this injury.

I think he and his team know exactly how to bring Timo Boll to his best as he does it time and time again on the big events he enters.

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
timo said, that his docotor said one day, that time has the wrong body for his sport :D and there will be no recovery. he just can reduce the times of training. so instead of 3 times a day, he now trains just 2 oder 1 times

Really, where did you get this information from Plasma? I want to know what Timo does to keep him into the sport and how he manages his back injury, and especially at such a high level of play

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I voted for Patrick Baum because when those polls look like everyone voted for one person (Ma Long) it looks a little lopsided. So I voted for someone who has almost no chance of winning. :) For the Hungarian Open I voted for Zhang Jike even though I thought Ma Long was going to win that one as well.

It will be fun to see what Yan An can do against Joo Se Hyuk. I think he might do well in this tournament. And I think the Chinese might be better prepared for Joo this time around. I just have that feeling that Lui Gouliang will have figured out what was going on with Joo and why he gave Zhang Jike and Ma Long as much trouble as he did. But he was playing at a level he has not played at in a long time.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
Welcome to the site guys! :)

I think because Timo Boll has just come back from injury he doesnt want to play against the best just yet. Playing to high of a level could impinge and develop his injury again. Slowly coming back into the game will help Boll better.

Timo Boll played last weeks Energis Masters which he won beating Jorgen Person in the final. Next month Timo Boll will play in the European Top 12. I think after this tournament he will be back to his best and then start to compete in the World Tours again and then be fully ready for the Grand Finale, London 2012 Olympics Games! :)

Seems like Non - Chinese players are not TOP class for Timo .. :)