Who will win the Slovenian open 2012 ???

• Ma Long

Votes: 61 59.8%
  • Zhang Jike

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • Wang Hao

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Xu Xin

Votes: 13 12.7%
  • Ma Lin

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Joo Se Hyuk

Votes: 15 14.7%
  • Gao Ning

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bastian Steger

• Patrick Baum

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Other (write below)

• Total voters
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Yeah, me too. If Jike and Ma Long and co still couldn't figure out his game, they're in for a torrid time. :)

Xu Xin will now be able to experience The New Joo!

I have a friend who is a chopper who watched the matches between Zhang Jike and Joo and Ma Long and Joo. He said they were misreading the spin a lot and he said he could always tell what spin it was. If he could tell, I am betting the Chinese team have looked at the video and analyzed it and will be able to take care of him. But Zhang Jike also did not look like his head was in the match.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
I agree with your friend Carl , when I saw the games I thought so too that they were misreading the spin or at their level the degree of spin .. then ..... I did not have the audacity to call that aloud .. considering at that level it is pretty unexpected ... may be they weren't patient enough .. I always thought jike has a better chance against joo because he does the slow topsin thing to set up the kill which is actually difficult for the choppers to handle ... because they don't have a lot of speed in the ball to bite ... but then I still think Jike is injured ... he is just playing to be match fit ... even in the last match he was feeling his shoulder between the points so definitely something is amiss
I have a friend who is a chopper who watched the matches between Zhang Jike and Joo and Ma Long and Joo. He said they were misreading the spin a lot and he said he could always tell what spin it was. If he could tell, I am betting the Chinese team have looked at the video and analyzed it and will be able to take care of him. But Zhang Jike also did not look like his head was in the match.

says yup.. from weibo haha :D
Oct 2011
Pretty surprised, Zhang Jike won the first 2 sets against Yan An.... He's back!

*edit: make that first 3 sets! ugh no broadcast :(

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
(ms-R16) MA LONG - TOKIC Bojan [Full Match|Short Form]

--enjoy!! :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
(ms-qf) XU Xin - JOO Se Hyuk [Full Match|Short Form]
--enjoy!!! :)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
(ws-qf) DING Ning - ISHIKAWA Kasumi [Full Match|Short Form]

--enjoy!!!
:)

Oct 2011
what was up with wang hao? watched some parts of the game against ma lin ... poor performance
maybe still not fully recovered from the injury..

i haven't watched the qfs! Xu Xin beat Joo? Nice! I'm gonna watch that later!
so excited for the semis!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2011
maybe still not fully recovered from the injury..

i haven't watched the qfs! Xu Xin beat Joo? Nice! I'm gonna watch that later!
so excited for the semis!!

yeah think so too, but why he plays then ...?! :D

xu owned joo ... he was bored :D from time to time he did slow topspins ... and if he had to, he just made one brutal forehand topspin and it was his point :D joo didnt reeched the ball :D

Oct 2011
yeah, thanks for the vids guys. i think it's gonna be a Ma Long vs Xu Xin final!
lol i always underestimate Zhang this time, but who knows! hahaha

This user has no status.
yeah think so too, but why he plays then ...?! :D

xu owned joo ... he was bored :D from time to time he did slow topspins ... and if he had to, he just made one brutal forehand topspin and it was his point :D joo didnt reeched the ball :D

Joo normally doesn't like to play against lefties with big FHs like Chen Qi and now Xu Xin, coz the angles that they produce are sharper than equivalent right handers and they make him run left-right more than he would normally do against right-handers...:(

This user has no status.
what was up with wang hao? watched some parts of the game against ma lin ... poor performance
Wang Hao always had a losing record against Ma Lin, because his blocking is one of the worst in the top-tier CNT. Players like ZJK, Ma Long and WLQ have good records against Ma Lin because they are able to block a lot of Ma Lin's hard topspins.